AMD 4GB means 4GB

Si3Rra_7

I don't see how this upsets people... it's basically poking fun.

Because people take buying computer hardware too seriously.

And most people here don't have a sense of humor.

We have to be a super serious tech forum , otherwise you are a shitposter.

What I hate is that Nvidia doesn't NOT have 4GB, there's a bug or something that's causing issues.

They didn't say '4GB!' and only ship it with 3.

Slower,segmented memory is not a bug.

Despite being more of an Nvidia guy, this is pretty damn funny.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

lol.

wORKNpK.jpg

This was funny.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Ugh...

B8dV86eCYAEMLwx.png

Petty

Go get some humour sports drink.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I love this. It's hilarious, because Nvidia finally got caught with their pants down on something, and they tried to justify it at first, which is even worse.

Not saying I'm against Nvidia, but I get tired of people trashing me for having an AMD graphics card and now I finally have a counter.

AMD should really be putting out new chips instead of constantly criticizing (rather bashing) Nvidia. Intel could just as easily play that game and claim to have actually new chips.

There are AMD engineers and AMD marketing team. Learn the difference.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

AMD should really be putting out new chips instead of constantly criticizing (rather bashing) Nvidia. Intel could just as easily play that game and claim to have actually new chips.

There are AMD engineers and AMD marketing team. Learn the difference.

"Intel could just as easily play that game"

They did:

Every company has a marketing team.

Aha, and putting up your legs the whole day doesn't make a new processor architecture. I don't need to learn a difference, there are just some lazy asses at AMD. An architecture from 2010 and they are so ugly to bash around, lol no.

You're weird.  :P

You're weird.  :P

Yes, he is.

No, not really. Nothing hattens there and they have nothing better to do than bashing.

What has nVidia done for you to warrant such customer loyalty/fanaticism?  Serious question.

Why care so much?

Because AMDs bashing starts to get ridiculous. Everyone cries about Nvidia fanboys while forgetting that AMD actually performs bad and is not really better themselves. They should rather focus on their own products (which they apparently not do).

Really?  You have given me a lot to think about, ty.

Because AMDs bashing starts to get ridiculous. Everyone cries about Nvidia fanboys while forgetting that AMD actually performs bad and is not really better themselves. They should rather focus on their own products (which they apparently not do).

And why would you care if someone "bashes" Nvidia? You don't work there don't you?

You buy the product and you use it. Why go on forums and try to defend it or tell others to stop?

Who cares, they are just corporations unless you work for them. Leave all the defence to Nvidia's marketing team.

"They perform bad..." 

I don't know, where you got that from, but considering the price point the performance is actually very good. inb4980beats290xhurrdurr 

Get over yourselfes!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

They should produce more and finally put out new products instead of bashing every new product of their enemy, but that fact seems to be ignored by most.

Because there are marketing team and engineers.....

Yea AMD performs bad yet Nvidia isn't even remotely close in value at 1440p/4k. Not even close.

290x performs what? 5% worse than a 980 at 4k for half the price? Similar to the 970 at 1440p for nearly 30% less?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Going over to the engineers: Have you heard anything else than speculation about the upcoming line of GPUs or high-end desktop CPUs? At least I didn't. They can go on basing or criticizing when they themselves got some new products out, but not in that state right now.

Benji, AMD GPU's own the mid-range market right now.  Where do you think the bulk of consumers reside?

Going over to the engineers: Have you heard anything else than speculation about the upcoming line of GPUs or high-end desktop CPUs? At least I didn't. They can go on basing or criticizing when they themselves got some new products out, but not in that state right now.

How about the new 380X that's going to launch in the next few months (Q1 if I remember correct)? Yeah, apparently you're not even trying. 

Take of your stupid nVidia fanboy glasses. 

It's banter, it's common practice in various industries, everybody has to endure it at some point. But OOOOOHHH NOOOOO, someone is trying to talk down on "my" nVidia and it's AMD of all companies. Miau Miau Miau AMD sux

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

The 280X, simply because of the 3GB buffer! :)