Is your computer a heater?

Lays

Nope. It stays under 45C.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Indeed, it is i wasn't saying it wasn't but i was telling you what I was running. 

OK, but the 2600K OC like a champ? No.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

OK, but the 2600K OC like a champ? No.

The 2600k is one of the best OCing chips! mine had a stable 4.7 but some got 5.7's 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

When i had 2 8800Gts it was a heater, current rig isn't though unfortunately as i could do with all the heat i can get in here in the winter.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I remember last summer, lan-party with 5 friends in a room with almost no ventilation.

I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz - 16GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - 2x Caviar Black 1TB - ADATA 80GB Boot SSD - Club3D 7870 XT - 42" Panasonic 3D Led TV - 22" Samsung SyncMaster

actualy if i have the side off my case i can feel a cool breeze lol might have something to do with these on my GPU

P100513_1734_01-2.jpg

I bought a pre-Dell takeover Alienware M7700 back in 2005(-ish?), when Alienware was actually decent and I had some money to burn.  The M7700 was a Clevo D900T mod, weighed about 20 lbs, and you could thaw meat under the exhaust vent.  It was almost painful to put your hand under it for any length of time and I was sure I could smell burning hair when this happened.  Sadly, you didn't even have to put it under load to heat up a room, it ran furnace temperatures even while idling.  I still have it somewhere in the house, but it's sadly died of heat induced death.  I killed two laptop cooling pads on that machine.

Not really, or at least I haven't noticed a temperature change when the computer is under load, which sucks because it was cold last winter!

my current system isnt being a big heater, it heats the case and thats it, and i had the cpu running once at 4 ghz 100 degrees celcius, and nearly killed it, and my gpu is halfbroken after a failed overclock, i cant use 2 screens anymore

I don't notice much heat difference when running my computer unless I play games all day.

Desktop CPU: Intel i5 2500K Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H GPU: EVGA 660TI 2GB Ram: Kingston 8GB 1333Mhz PSU: Unknown 500w Case: Unknown Hard drive:  WD Black 1TB Heatsink: stock OSWindows 8.1

I know my pc sucks but it does what I want it to do. 

Laptop Dell E6320 OSWindows 8.1 / Ubuntu gnome 15.04

If I put 3 titans in it.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Nah, mine's a bloody freezer. I have to put long pants on and uggies to use the thing in winter. A virtue of having a 200mm on top.

Well this is my problem, I live in southern cali near the beach (just a few miles) so the temp doesnt change that much year around. Which is kinda nice but from mid spring to late fall i never close my window. I have 2 desktops, one a 3930k with a HD 6970 gpu: alto of heat when i fold or render video. Second my 2700k overclocked to 4 Ghz with a EVGA 670 which i game on alot, so my room is consantly 8-15 degrees higher than the rest of the house year round and during the summer i only use my desktops in the early to late morning (5am-noon) and from 8pm - whenever just beacue during the ehat of the day the sun bakes my room and if i had my desktop running or both then id have to run the A/C all day. which is something my parents would rather not do.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Friend has an I7-950 and 3 way SLI GTX 480s...

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I had to turn it down to stock settings otherwise I'd have a sauna in my room.

In winter (now for me) I sometimes run Prime95 for a bit to heat up my room. Spent too much on computer, too little on air-con... No regrets.

Wit is educated insolence.

I gotta say that my 7970 is quite the little fireball, Its the hottest running computer part I own now. But its nothing compared to quadfire 7970s or 480s...

Old shit no one cares about but me.

my room is nice and tosty in the winter (i live in northern idaho). but right now i have the AC on and my room is still uncomfortable

~Judah

my room is nice and tosty in the winter (i live in northern idaho). but right now i have the AC on and my room is still uncomfortable

Its been flipping hot lately, I live in southern idaho and I have the window covered up and AC and its still is hot.

During winters my 550 Ti acts like a good heater while gaming even with window open and -15°C (5°F) outside. During summers my PC keeps room temps 5°C - 10°C higher than the rest of the house, and I'd rather not keep the window open, since I live just next to a forest, where's a sh*tload of mosquitoes. So it's either heat or dozens of mosquitoes sucking blood and causing itching while using my desktop PC.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

During winters my 550 Ti acts like a good heater while gaming even with window open and -15°C (5°F) outside. During summers my PC keeps room temps 5°C - 10°C higher than the rest of the house, and I'd rather not keep the window open, since I live just next to a forest, where's a sh*tload of mosquitoes. So it's either heat or dozens of mosquitoes sucking blood and causing itching while using my desktop PC.

Thats interesting, my 550Ti hardly put out heat :P but your room might be smaller than mine.

I gotta say that my 7970 is quite the little fireball, Its the hottest running computer part I own now. But its nothing compared to quadfire 7970s or 480s...

Quad 480s you might as well be living at the center of the earth, or run a high risk of your house burning down XD.