U.S. Supreme court overturns anti gay marriage laws.

beebskadoo

And yeah, I figured your avatar was from an anime. But a hentai? ... Let's just not go there.

Aww.. It's actually got a pretty decent story.

Aww.. It's actually got a pretty decent story.

I'm oddly curious as to which one it's from lol

Hentai is just strange. but if you're into it that's cool. I saw one that the guy had an angry penis that talked... strange.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Hentai is just strange. but if you're into it that's cool. I saw one that the guy had an angry penis that talked... strange.

That could be a little amusing after an alcoholic beverage or two :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

That could be a little amusing after an alcoholic beverage or two :)

It's that easy for you to just switch from hetero to questioning? damn lol

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

why the hell has a mod not closed this Yet?

i would think that the many offensive comments would have got this closed already

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

It's that easy for you to just switch from hetero to questioning? damn lol

I'm comfortable with who I am :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

i would think that the many offensive comments would have got this closed already

What offensive comments?, I didn't come across any (maybe a few got a little heated) and I think Linus was praising people taking part in this thread for not turning it into a flame war

why the hell has a mod not closed this Yet?

Because we've been pretty civil (relatively speaking) about all this? 

LTT community is bawlin' in respect for each other. Pretty awesome honestly.

It's simply better to leave a thread like this open because they (mods) can pretty much "trust" us with stuff like this without worry. Though they "watch it like a hawk", which I've noticed as I've seen Linus' account viewing this thread quite a bit more than the average (which is a given).

I'd just rather avoid that whole topic of conversation.

However, semi-related and one of my favorite jokes ever,

Don't worry Safe for work. :)

Admiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap.jpg

trap.jpg

To explain the joke in that spoiler, a trap, in anime, is a character who appears to be one gender but really is another. It's a "trap" in that if you get attached to them, that can... change things. 

Combining that idea with the general Ackbar "It's a Trap!" is just hilariou to me. Not sure why, but it's my favorite meme combination ever.

What offensive comments?, I didn't come across any (maybe a few got a little heated) and I think Linus was praising people taking part in this thread for not turning it into a flame war

This pretty much.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

the views on religion its almost like people view it as a disease

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

the views on religion its almost like people view it as a disease

To be honest I do a little but when it comes to religion I try and keep out, I try and stick to my 'it's f**k all to do with me' rule.

To be honest I do a little but when it comes to religion I try and keep out, I try and stick to my 'it's f**k all to do with me' rule.

i'm not religious but i used to be so its really insulting when people paint religion as the most evil thing possible so this thread should be closed as it is against the forum rules to cause offence

i'm not religious but i used to be so its really insulting when people paint religion as the most evil thing possible so this thread should be closed as it is against the forum rules to cause offence

People can walk out of their front door and find everything offensive, people need to get a grip

People can walk out of their front door and find everything offensive, people need to get a grip

its a sensitive subject and causes offense and is against forum rules so this thread should be closed there is no excuse for this valid argument

Question #1: Will closing the thread keep it from being read? Possibly, since us continuing to talk about it bumps it to the top of the page, but that's not a guarantee.

#2: Does that matter? Doubt it. We aren't talking about it anymore, so I don't see the problem.

#3: Since we were mostly civil about it, should this thread be an example of "the internet, done right"? Yes, I think so. It'd be good, imo at least, to show that, at least SOMEWHERE in the bunch o' tubes, there's civility about even the most controversial of topics.

So it's a bit of a double edged sword/Catch-22 to lock it or not. 

If you don't lock it, it may keep getting bumped and read by people who could possibly be offended. But it is a good example of civility, so that could be a good thing that people read it even if they may or may not be offended.

If you do lock it, it goes into the archives where almost no one will ever read it and won't be offended, but a, imo, shining example of civility on the internet will have been moth-balled and hidden away, which is a bad thing to me.

I prefer leaving it unlocked as the option. I'm religious and it doesn't bother me. I'm sure others like me will get over it at some point. Tis life.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Question #1: Will closing the thread keep it from being read? Possibly, since us continuing to talk about it bumps it to the top of the page, but that's not a guarantee.

#2: Does that matter? Doubt it. We aren't talking about it anymore, so I don't see the problem.

#3: Since we were mostly civil about it, should this thread be an example of "the internet, done right"? Yes, I think so. It'd be good, imo at least, to show that, at least SOMEWHERE in the bunch o' tubes, there's civility about even the most controversial of topics.

So it's a bit of a double edged sword/Catch-22 to lock it or not. 

If you don't lock it, it may keep getting bumped and read by people who could possibly be offended. But it is a good example of civility, so that could be a good thing that people read it even if they may or may not be offended.

If you do lock it, it goes into the archives where almost no one will ever read it and won't be offended, but a, imo, shining example of civility on the internet will have been moth-balled and hidden away, which is a bad thing to me.

I prefer leaving it unlocked as the option. I'm religious and it doesn't bother me. I'm sure others like me will get over it at some point. Tis life.

i would agree but now that its on the subject people with offensive views can easily jump on the subject and there is really no reason to keep it open i would think people have gotten there say with 723 comments

i would agree but now that its on the subject people with offensive views can easily jump on the subject and there is really no reason to keep it open i would think people have gotten there say with 723 comments

Odds of people with offensive views jumping on the subject and thriving (or just being trolls) is slim to none.

We made it 700+ replies without that happening (and succeeding), so I don't see it as a problem. And besides, if that does happen, that's what mods are for. They will nuke the trolls. It's their job. 

I don't see a need to pre-emptively lock the thread for trolls that aren't here yet. Otherwise we should just lock ALL the threads pre-emptively since they are all equally unprotected from people with offensive views.

† Christian Member †

If you really are bothered by it, message a mod about it. Let them decide. Like I said, it's their job. 

† Christian Member †

I am also offended when people insult religion, it paints all religious people with a black brush, three things we must remember:

1. some religious people deserve to be insulted because they are filthy uncaring and not Christlike.
  2. everybody is entitled to an opinion
  3. this forum affords us the avenue to show people that not all views about religious are correct nor are all religious people bigots.

Keep it open and let goodwill win out.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I also get offended when people feel offended by what others say. They're trying to oppress the free speech and thoughts of others on the basis on their negative perception of what's been said.