U.S. Supreme court overturns anti gay marriage laws.

beebskadoo

I didn't like Man of Steel. Too many changes to the story. The only thing I liked was Superman's appearance. 

I know  :wub:  at least he was good looking imo. But the story changes and the apparent gaps were just too much for me. It felt rushed and not well thouught out. They just took the modern superhero movie formula and put superman in it. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I know  :wub:  at least he was good looking imo. But the story changes and the apparent gaps were just too much for me. It felt rushed and not well thouught out. They just took the modern superhero movie formula and put superman in it. 

And made it gritty like they did with Batman (though Batman is sort of supposed to be gritty).

By gritty, I mean dark. Sherlock Holmes was the same way (though again, Batman and Holmes are supposed to be like that to an extent). 

I like it, but at the same time I feel certain genres aren't supposed to be "dark/gritty". It kinda clashes with what the genre was originally. For Superman, it's supposed to be bright hope. And it all being dark, just goes against that imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

And made it gritty like they did with Batman (though Batman is sort of supposed to be gritty).

By gritty, I mean dark. Sherlock Holmes was the same way (though again, Batman and Holmes are supposed to be like that to an extent). 

I like it, but at the same time I feel certain genres aren't supposed to be "dark/gritty". It kinda clashes with what the genre was originally. For Superman, it's supposed to be bright hope. And it all being dark, just goes against that imo.

yeah if you go on what the comic books portray him it's always bright and shiny. The sherlok holmes movies are brilliant in every way. I think Robert Downey jr. can't go wrong as of late.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Sherlock Holmes

Now that was a damn good movie, Robert Downey Jr played the charature bloody well and one of my favourite personalities was in the 2nd one, Stephen Fry :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Now that was a damn good movie, Robert Downey Jr played the charature bloody well and one of my favourite personalities was in the 2nd one, Stephen Fry :)

Stephen Fry is my absolute HERO!!! love hiim, and can't wait to see him in the new hobbit movie!

Ever hear of the show  QI that Fry hosts? it's on the bbc i think.

Hail Sithis!

Ever hear of the show  QI that Fry hosts? it's on the bbc i think.

Of course :)

Also love how Alan Davis most of the time scores last, sure makes me giggle.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Of course :)

Also love how Alan Davis most of the time scores last, sure makes me giggle.

OMG I thought i was the only one in the world that loved that show. Yay

Hail Sithis!

OMG I thought i was the only one in the world that loved that show. Yay

It's a damn good show, I love stuff like that.

I can't stand stupid shows (Top Gear is the exception, love it), I much prefer stuff that makes you think like QI, Wonders of the Universe, Horizon and so on.

Also strongly believe that children shows should be pretty much banned or overhauled, if I ever have kids they won't be watching shit like Teletubbies, I'd instead buy a DVD of Stephen Hawking, Mozart and so on because I wouldn't want them to grow up as spastics, the world needs more intelligent shows featuring astronomy, literature, music and well science type programs :)

I can't stand stupid shows (Top Gear is the exception, love it), I much prefer stuff that makes you think like QI, Wonders of the Universe, Horizon and so on.

Also strongly believe that children shows should be pretty much banned or overhauled, if I ever have kids they won't be watching shit like Teletubbies, I'd instead buy a DVD of Stephen Hawking, Mozart and so on because I wouldn't want them to grow up as spastics, the world needs more intelligent shows featuring astronomy, literature, music and well science type programs :)

I love top gear. The US one is absolute shit. yeah those kind of kids shows used to scare me as a child so i wouldn't want that for anyone lol

Hail Sithis!

I love top gear. The US one is absolute shit. yeah those kind of kids shows used to scare me as a child so i wouldn't want that for anyone lol

Top Gear US lol the big guy (can't remember is name) used to make me giggle and I also loved watching Top Gear Australia mainly because I'm a huge fan of Shane Jacobson but the UK version of Top Gear is the best and James May is my favourite presenter, the other two I like but are a little stupid sometimes where'as James May seems like someone you could have a very good chat down at the pub, my kinda guy :)

I personally prefer Mr. Rogers.

That and I know from experience that having a "spastic" (as you say) child is a gamble. It can hurt them (not able to pay attention, aka ADD/ADHD), or it can help them (multi-tasker). It helped me. I have a weird cross between the two as sometimes I'm hyper and sometimes I'm not, but it definitely has influenced how I "think" and imo has helped me a lot as it lets me process information incredibly fast.

I'm assuming spastic = ADD-style acting. Though i would argue there's a difference.

Then again I'm a gamer and have been since I was 4, so that could be part of it too.

Not trying to interrupt your Top Gun/TV show discussion, just thought I'd mention that.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I personally prefer Mr. Rogers.

That and I know from experience that having a "spastic" (as you say) child is a gamble. It can hurt them (not able to pay attention, aka ADD/ADHD), or it can help them (multi-tasker). It helped me. I have a weird cross between the two as sometimes I'm hyper and sometimes I'm not, but it definitely has influenced how I "think" and imo has helped me a lot as it lets me process information incredibly fast.

I'm assuming spastic = ADD-style acting. Though i would argue there's a difference.

Then again I'm a gamer and have been since I was 4, so that could be part of it too.

Not trying to interrupt your Top Gun/TV show discussion, just thought I'd mention that.

Spastic used to be a term for someone with cerebal palsy but here in the UK is generally used as an insult for someone being stupid or something like that, I hope I caused no offense because no offense was intentional.

I have seen research that shows kids who watch sesame street and playschool have a distinct advantage with literacy and numeracy when they reach school age,  But all the other shows either do nothing or detain children at a noise making level.   It is better for them to go out and play with a cardboard box and a stick.  I make my kids go outside at least once a day and we go camping, there is no t.v only dvds and anything from youtube and I believe this is reflected in my kids academic achievements.  

Now back to the movie/tv reviews....

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Honestly I believe anyone against the issue of gay marriage on any level, is either....

a.) Rejecting their own latent gay tendencies

b.) Ignorant of the reality that gay people are no different from themselves and deserve the same rights.

c.) Blinded by the religion that their parents indoctrinated them with, labeling anything slightly against their beliefs with ignorant contempt based on no logic whatsoever

P.S. Anyone mad about c.) needs to go look up the definition of a cult, then take a moment to consider what your religion actually is.

I have seen research that shows kids who watch sesame street and playschool have a distinct advantage with literacy and numeracy when they reach school age,  But all the other shows either do nothing or detain children at a noise making level.   It is better for them to go out and play with a cardboard box and a stick.  I make my kids go outside at least once a day and we go camping, there is no t.v only dvds and anything from youtube and I believe this is reflected in my kids academic achievements.  

Now back to the movie/tv reviews....

That is excellent :)

Honestly I believe anyone against the issue of gay marriage on any level, is either....

b.) Ignorant of the reality that gay people are no different from themselves and deserve the same rights.

c.) Blinded by the religion that their parents indoctrinated them with, labeling anything slightly against their beliefs with ignorant contempt based on no logic whatsoever

P.S. Anyone mad about c.) needs to go look up the definition of a cult, then take a moment to consider what your religion actually is.

I think the topic has been resolved, in the end we all agree gay people have the rights and should be allowed to do whatever they want,  all other reasoning is just personal belief and should not be forced upon others (from any side of the debate)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That has reminded me of something, we was talking to this person (can't remember who or what they do) and he said that everyone has gay in some way, be it incredibly small or large, not sure if that's true but wouldn't surprise me.

Sorry about the 'has gay in some way' I was trying to think of an intelligent way to write it and I have failed you all.

That has reminded me of something, we was talking to this person (can't remember who or what they do) and he said that everyone has gay in some way, be it incredibly small or large, not sure if that's true but wouldn't surprise me.

Sorry about the 'has gay in some way' I was trying to think of an intelligent way to write it and I have failed you all.

Homosexual tendencies?

"shows gay tendencies at some point or another" Better?

As for the TV Show/Movie reviews, you people need to try out anime if you haven't already. The worlds there are to explore... 

Avoid the darkside of it though, even though it's inevitable that you'll reach it. Just a suggestion.

I don't watch "TV" beyond anime. Simply because I consider there to be nothing worth watching on beyond that (and some cartoon shows that fall into the same category).

As for movies, watch "Into the Darkness" if you can. It's a semi-low budget movie about two deserting soldiers during World War II. It's... slow, but it's a "makes you think" kind of movie.

I loved it.

† Christian Member †

Homosexual tendencies?

Possibly though I can't remember because my brain thought it was the best time to pack it's bag and f**k off, great timing ehhsfkz;lh/KS.DJ

I know right?  It's like racial words as well, the only people who can use the most direct wording are the ones who are, the rest of us have to think about political correctness and get out the dictionary just in case we offend someone:

white person = A Caucasian of possible European decent

black person = an American of African or other middle eastern decent.

Gay = a person with homosexual tendencies or inclination or desires or drive or attraction or normality. 

Midget = a person with a vertically challenged disposition.

Avoid the darkside of it though, even though it's inevitable that you'll reach it. Just a suggestion.

Fun fact: The character in my avatar is actually from a hentai anime. :3

I know right?  It's like racial words as well, the only people who can use the most direct wording are the ones who are, the rest of us have to think about political correctness and get out the dictionary just in case we offend someone:

white person = A Caucasian of possible European decent

black person = an American of African or other middle eastern decent.

Gay = a person with homosexual tendencies or inclination or desires or drive or attraction or normality. 

I like it :)

Sometimes Political Correctness fails as well but I hope it happens to everyone lol

We prefer "little person." >:U

Jk, I'm not a midget.

Fun fact: The character in my avatar is actually from a hentai anime. :3

I knew that would happen.

Just... You can't avoid the dark side of anime. It's more like you just... accept/ignore it. There is a lot of "steaming piles" in regards to anime if you are bothered by ecchi/hentai/harem things, but if you can wade threw it, those gems are worth it imo. Just some thoughts from an Otaku veteran.

And yeah, I figured your avatar was from an anime. But a hentai? ... Let's just not go there.

† Christian Member †