[PSA] Regarding the performance of Dying light.

zappian

I think the game has some bias against AMD cards , nvidia gameworks games are BS.

Im sure you are way better of then me.

Trust me, I get dip to 30 fps too. What fps are you getting?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

bad optimization?

ok devs, time to die

why hurt that poor deer? :(

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Tbf most youtubers have insane rigs. 

I put this game at it's lowest settings on 1080p and still runs absolutely horrible.  Runs the same if I put on 1080p or 1440p, no difference. 

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Anyone know where in the hell you get a gun? Found one, no ammo, had to give it to this dude who then disappeared like an ass.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I put this game at it's lowest settings on 1080p and still runs absolutely horrible.  Runs the same if I put on 1080p or 1440p, no difference. 

This may have to do with your FX-8320, one of the cores may be bottlenecking the entire experience. @Trik'Stari has the GTX 970, comparable to your 290X, but an i5-4690k paired with it instead, and he seems to be playing fine.

The FX-8350 is the "recommended CPU," so trying to bump the clock of the 8320 may help.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Anyone know where in the hell you get a gun? Found one, no ammo, had to give it to this dude who then disappeared like an ass.

I haven't found that gun for him yet lol Man I hate/love the night time, even when I was playing online the rush and adrenaline is incredible...

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I haven't found that gun for him yet lol Man I hate/love the night time, even when I was playing online the rush and adrenaline is incredible...

I found a gun....

I found many guns....

So little ammo though. Not to mention melee weapons breaking every 5 fucking seconds.

Love this game already. Hoping for happy ending where I give Jade the bow-chika-wow-wow

edit: Also, found some shotgun ammo in the back of a police van...no shotgun though lol

2nd edit: Found a safe house where you can stand on the roof, in 1 corner, and be able to shoot at zeds while still being unreachable during the night time. Of the three most northern safe houses, it's the one in the middle. You can stand in one corner on the very top of the roof and shoot out, turn around and you're in a safe zone again (without actually moving, literally just turn around using the mouse).

I found a gun....

I found many guns....

So little ammo though. Not to mention melee weapons breaking every 5 fucking seconds.

Love this game already. Hoping for happy ending where I give Jade the bow-chika-wow-wow

edit: Also, found some shotgun ammo in the back of a police van...no shotgun though lol

2nd edit: Found a safe house where you can stand on the roof, in 1 corner, and be able to shoot at zeds while still being unreachable during the night time. Of the three most northern safe houses, it's the one in the middle. You can stand in one corner on the very top of the roof and shoot out, turn around and you're in a safe zone again (without actually moving, literally just turn around using the mouse).

So right about the melee weapons... gosh man I'm taking a break after 6 hours, now I want to play again haha

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

So right about the melee weapons... gosh man I'm taking a break after 6 hours, now I want to play again haha

Trying to tell myself that

540_293_resize_20130101_cb265ba6800c6382

Edit: Make sure to check your online settings at night time, on default other players can invade your game. O.o

All of these people talking about how awesome night time is and here I sit right after getting Antizin from Zere and I have to stop playing because the constant framerate drops to 20 are driving me insane... :(

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

why hurt that poor deer? :(

childhood rivalry, it ended in a draw.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Have you heard of a game called Shogun 2: Total War...or Rome 2: Total War? Games that rely solely on the CPU for unit calculations, movement calculation, animation timing, shadow position calculation, and so much more....for as much as 10,000 individual units on a map?  Guess what, it's 32-bit and only runs on 1.01 cores.  Dying Light is not worse than that.

Dude that game is much older than dying light.

Dying light is a next gen 2015 game that doesnt use 4 threads , we have seen many games like DAI using 4 threads perfectly its no excuse.

They fucked up the cpu optimization , there are many games from 2014 that are miles more optimized than this.

Supposedly the CPU optimisation is awful. I heard that people with 16GB of RAM have less issues than those with 8GB?? I don't know if that is true but... Memory leak?? I mean, what game actually uses 8GB of RAM?

It used 5.8 GB of ram from my testing.

It used 5.8 GB of ram from my testing.

Am I wrong or is that way too damned high? Lol..

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Am I wrong or is that way too damned high? Lol..

Its pretty high , i have 6 GB so its cutting it short.

The game uses about 4 GB but running the game with a few programs on amounted to 5.8 GB i mean.

Its pretty high , i have 6 GB so its cutting it short.

The game uses about 4 GB but running the game with a few programs on amounted to 5.8 GB i mean.

Yeah, pretty high. Shouldn't be causing any issues using 8GB though. Thanks for testing that one for me.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Trying to tell myself that

540_293_resize_20130101_cb265ba6800c6382

Edit: Make sure to check your online settings at night time, on default other players can invade your game. O.o

Man, I had 2 invasions before realizing that... even when we were a group of 4 we couldn't win lol

All of these people talking about how awesome night time is and here I sit right after getting Antizin from Zere and I have to stop playing because the constant framerate drops to 20 are driving me insane... :(

Drop the viewing distance and the shadows, and get past that area, also what are your PC specs?

You know what's really interesting? Is that with all this non-optimized thing going on the online is pretty solid for me and I have a horrible internet. I can't even play a lot of the servers of BF4 yet I can host a game with 3 players and kicking a mass of zombies action. I can't imagine when the devs update the game(hopefully a good one).

Drop the viewing distance and the shadows, and get past that area, also what are your PC specs?

You know what's really interesting? Is that with all this non-optimized thing going on the online is pretty solid for me and I have a horrible internet. I can't even play a lot of the servers of BF4 yet I can host a game with 3 players and kicking a mass of zombies action. I can't imagine when the devs update the game(hopefully a good one).

That's with everything either off or set to their lowest setting. Including the resolution. I thought I might be able to at least maintain 30fps after it seemed to be getting that at the lowest 16:9 setting, but nope. Many places still drop to 20.

There's just no excuse for it. The game isn't nearly pretty or technically groundbreaking enough to warrant the demand. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's revealed in the coming weeks that it was done on purpose.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

That's with everything either off or set to their lowest setting. Including the resolution. I thought I might be able to at least maintain 30fps after it seemed to be getting that at the lowest 16:9 setting, but nope. Many places still drop to 20.

There's just no excuse for it. The game isn't nearly pretty or technically groundbreaking enough to warrant the demand. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's revealed in the coming weeks that it was done on purpose.

Even dead rising 3 runs better than this in some parts.

I would say far cry 4 has a bigger world , is more demanding and runs much better.

There is no excuse.

The distance viewing option get every core #1 to 100%; the Geforce article talks about it.

From my perspective, my i7 4790K was bottlenecking my SLI because it was stuck at 100%.

As you said, the CPU optimization (if we can call it this way for Dying light...) is awful.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

What are your PC specs? and did you get pass that area already? Please respond, I'm curious about it. The devs definitely did a bad job on this one I'm not defending them, I'm just curious as to know who are the most affected by this bad optimization.

The distance viewing option get every core #1 to 100%; the Geforce article talks about it.

From my perspective, my i7 4790K was bottlenecking my SLI because it was stuck at 100%.

As you said, the CPU optimization (if we can call it this way for Dying light...) is awful.

Even with view distance at half the game doesn't use my two physical cores on my i3 to the max.

Shameful.