Google Fiber set to launch in four more US cities

Sodisna

Sauce: http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/26/7919167/google-fiber-launching-in-atlanta-nasville-raleigh-charlotte

Google is set to announce the expansion of its Google Fiber internet service to four new cities, The Wall Street Journal reports, with the details of the new rollout coming in the next few days. According to the publication's sources, the The company will start to offer the one-gigabit broadband network in Atlanta, Nashville, and in two cities in North Carolina — Raleigh-Durham, and Charlotte.

This very awesome for my area as I live in Atanta-Metro area. I guess we have to wait until we hear more, but hopefully they expand enough in my area. If not, I just may take Linus suggestion and move. :V I'm kind of concerned with what Comcast and AT&T will do.

Instead of the US where speeds are typically fine how about a new market! Perth, Australia where I enjoy <4mbit/s down 1 up, with a city of a few million I'm sure there's plenty of prospective customers

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Depends.

Google doesn't install it's fiber network everywhere in the city. Only in an area that it judge to have the most subscriptions. If you are out of that area, then sadly, you are not getting Google Fiber, despite being in the city that it is offered at.

Google Fiber is spreading like a virus that eventually I hope hits my city  -_-

Chicago, pleeeeeaaaaaaaase...

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Instead of the US where speeds are typically fine how about a new market! Perth, Australia where I enjoy <4mbit/s down 1 up, with a city of a few million I'm sure there's plenty of prospective customers

Thing is your city has no dark fiber Google can buy up for cheap. That's Google' current strategy: but up the backbones of the unused fiber networks and steal the markets for cheap.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Expand to Detroit and the surrounding areas already Google!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

UK needs u Google !!!

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

They will launch satelite to deliver internet to such places. They havent given much detail yet.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Can't have faster without a faster connection to the rest of the world, which is pricy as all hell. More pricey than fiber. Unless nearly the whole of Australia gets on board, they wouldn't make their money back for many many many years.

I wish one of the cities were in D.C. metropolitan area. It would have been a major statement to Comcast and Verizon. 

google just do google fibre in the uk, are population density in citys is insane

Why not suburbs?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

If I rent the trencher and dig the trench up my driveway myself, could I get me some of that there fiber internet please?

(Best I could do lol)

tumblr_lxzdhy4yUR1r3vhyuo1_500.png

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I just hope it will reach into my area, if not, I'll move to a part of Atlanta that does have it.

And it will never come to Australia because there is a lot of water and stupid governments that will quickly stop it  :(

Aussie Aussie Aussie