SimCity DLC : To resolve the traffic problem you get... have to pay !

TheRisingMyth

Hi !

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=13234

EA as usual is the dirtiest when it comes to video games, after taking off Online Passes and saying that Mirror's Edge (not 2 because it's supposed to be a reboot, which scares me a bit...) will only come when its ready, and having finally some positive feedback from gamers, it gets so bad again, by releasing a 10 Bucks DLC that's supposed to fix the traffic problems that the game had by only having one and only entry to your City.

I'll let that sync in for a sec.

EA got bashed so hard for these issues in reviews... and instead of fixing it they're charging 10 bucks for it, and what do you get ? Airships... only some stupid airships.

Forget about the Call Of Duty DLCs, or Battlefield ones, we're not even gonna talk about GTA IV's DLCs... are they the ****** messing with gamers ? I didn't buy this game, but i feel really really bad for players, honestly i didn't see that coming, even from a company like EA, i didn't think they could get this low...

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Oh so you have to pay to get the game to work properly. Makes sense only if you are EA. EA!

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Wow...

i7 930 - Asus P6X58D-E - Asus AMD Radeon 5870 - 6GB Corsair Dominator RAM - Coolermaster HAF X

So they make it worst every patch (from what I understand) and then make you pay for a fix?

I think you can sue EA for that, you can't have a problem in a software make it worst and ask for money.

Though I agree charging for DLC which may aid in fixing the fundamentals flaws in the game is wrong, there are busses, streetcars and trains available for traffic management. I have had a number of cities work very well with those public transport systems

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

only EA would do that ._.

also i know your from france but sync is like transferring music from your computer to an iphone, you want sink, like a boat going underwater :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

don't exactly see where it states you're paying for a game fix.
Traffic congestion is a part of the SimCity franchise. I'm still terrible at managing congestion in 4!!

Just looks like an optional alternative. not a fix in disguise.
That being said I haven't played the recent SimCity so I don't know personally of the underlying issues.  
All I'm reading from this is, pay money to get Blimps.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

SimCity 4 is still the best SimCity game by far. I think my biggest gripe with the new SimCity game is the map size.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Jesus, the headache you just gave me from trying to read your post, ARRRRGH

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Cmoon guys, if you stop buying their products, they WILL change. Stop provoking EA, money makes people hungry, its in our nature.

Hi !

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=13234

EA as usual is the dirtiest when it comes to video games, after taking off Online Passes and saying that Mirror's Edge (not 2 because it's supposed to be a reboot, which scares me a bit...) will only come when its ready, and having finally some positive feedback from gamers, it gets so bad again, by releasing a 10 Bucks DLC that's supposed to fix the traffic problems that the game had by only having one and only entry to your City.

I'll let that sync in for a sec.

EA got bashed so hard for these issues in reviews... and instead of fixing it they're charging 10 bucks for it, and what do you get ? Airships... only some stupid airships.

Forget about the Call Of Duty DLCs, or Battlefield ones, we're not even gonna talk about GTA IV's DLCs... are they the ****** messing with gamers ? I didn't buy this game, but i feel really really bad for players, honestly i didn't see that coming, even from a company like EA, i didn't think they could get this low...

wrong. the update is free. the airships dlc is not.

update 5.0 still will be given to everyone that owns the game. stop being stupid.

wrong. the update is free. the airships dlc is not.

update 5.0 still will be given to everyone that owns the game. stop being stupid.

But update 5.0 isn't what he's talking about. He's saying to help reduce congestion in and out of the city, they want to charge you $10 to add an airport to your city.

I don't own the game and haven't played any sim city, but i feel airports should have been in the original release. They are a major part of any city.

But update 5.0 isn't what he's talking about. He's saying to help reduce congestion in and out of the city, they want to charge you $10 to add an airport to your city.

I don't own the game and haven't played any sim city, but i feel airports should have been in the original release. They are a major part of any city.

no, that is what the journalist said, and they are wrong. there has been TONS of updates that resolve traffic errors. the journalist is just an idiot.

there have been congestion fixes, traffic fixes, improvements to the base logic, and more. people cross streets properly to get to work, and MANY MANY MANY other things were adressed. the game at update 5 is very fun to play now. whomever says differently needs to go jump off the bandwagon.

no, that is what the journalist said, and they are wrong. there has been TONS of updates that resolve traffic errors. the journalist is just an idiot.

there have been congestion fixes, traffic fixes, improvements to the base logic, and more. people cross streets properly to get to work, and MANY MANY MANY other things were adressed. the game at update 5 is very fun to play now. whomever says differently needs to go jump off the bandwagon.

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

But being on the bandwagon is fun :( .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I gave up on this game after update 3. Will not be playing any EA game for the foreseeable future.

Was the traffic really fixed because looking at Sips playthrouth it still seem to look worst then when he started?

Was the traffic really fixed because looking at Sips playthrouth it still seem to look worst then when he started?

traffic has had many issues fixed. i personally have not experienced a single issue with traffic, because i know how to build it. in all honesty, the traffic isn't broken, its peoples intelligence regarding traffic that is.

tips:

1. have more than one entrance and exit to your city.

2. every entrance and exit should be 4 lane.

3. keep school zones away from heavy points of business

4. have separate bus stations for different areas. don't put them all next to each other and run with it.

This post is so very misinformed, the game dose come with airports as standard, this is a new "airship" port which is basically blimps, this is not a fix it is a DLC to add new features not in the basic game, this will of course help reduce congestion but it is far from needed. This works just like adding a bus station in the sense of its a option to help congestion as city's get larger.

People just jump on the bang wagon of hating on EA without knowing anything about the game or what is happening with it, there has been many patches fixing the issues, all of them free, the support from Maxis and EA has been impressive in my opinion I have never seen such dedication to fixing a broken game. I agree it shouldn't have happened in the first place but they are defiantly doing what it takes to fix it.

I have seen so many people hate on Simcity without ever playing the game, just going on what news articles have told them, it is a amazing and impressive game. Don't judge what you don't know.

NZXT Phantom, i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz, Noctua NH-C-14, ASUS P8Z77-V

EVGA 780 Classy, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz

120GB SSD, 2x 1TB WD Black (RAID 0), CM Silent Pro 700W, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit.

I'm not hating on EA, and by the way there is still one way to get into the city, it's not like they've done anything to fix that.

These airships could've been had for like 5 bucks or even less, BioShock 2 DLC cost the same at launch and it litterally had 7 hours of gameplay, this freak'in expensive DLC and this piece of art made by 2K are hardly equal in value.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

I'm not hating on EA, and by the way there is still one way to get into the city, it's not like they've done anything to fix that.

These airships could've been had for like 5 bucks or even less, BioShock 2 DLC cost the same at launch and it litterally had 7 hours of gameplay, this freak'in expensive DLC and this piece of art made by 2K are hardly equal in value.

Value is what you make of it. It is a perspective based notion. lemme let that sink in for a minute.

BioShock 2 could've chosen to charge more for their DLC, but didn't.

EA could've charged less for theirs, but didn't.

If you wanna complain about DLC, you should be attacking The Sims 3 not SimCity for pricing :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I hate on each because they've let me down so many times I'm now a broken person who can't trust anymore.

This post is so very misinformed, the game dose come with airports as standard, this is a new "airship" port which is basically blimps, this is not a fix it is a DLC to add new features not in the basic game, this will of course help reduce congestion but it is far from needed. This works just like adding a bus station in the sense of its a option to help congestion as city's get larger.

People just jump on the bang wagon of hating on EA without knowing anything about the game or what is happening with it, there has been many patches fixing the issues, all of them free, the support from Maxis and EA has been impressive in my opinion I have never seen such dedication to fixing a broken game. I agree it shouldn't have happened in the first place but they are defiantly doing what it takes to fix it.

I have seen so many people hate on Simcity without ever playing the game, just going on what news articles have told them, it is a amazing and impressive game. Don't judge what you don't know.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers