Worst snowboarding wreck of my life.

upliftsleet1974

Worst snowboarding wreck of my life!

Well.... Yesterday I was doing about 40mph down a run in my t-shirt. Well there was a huge hump in the run and I was to late to avoid it so I tried to bend my knees so as not to come off the ground... Well I did come off the ground about 3-4 feet of the ground. I then landed it but was still very low to the ground from bending my knees...So I had most of my weight on my front foot well my board started getting lose...I then caught my front edge and pulled my arms in and tucked and rolled. Needless to say I have horrible ice burns all up and down my arm and I also slammed my head.

Then to top it all off I got a ride in a ski patrol sled to the bottom of the hill.

I was then told without the helmet I was wearing I would be dead more then likely. They called the ambulance before even getting to me. By the time they got to me I was standing and walking.

So all in all it was a fantastic weekend! smile emoticon (And I can still walk)

A picture of one of my many wounds...

1553192_334779246721235_2319457820446761

And just a picture from the trip...

10947439_334802830052210_512217525030764

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Make sure you wear a helmet and stay safe next time!

I had a helmet on and it saved my life... I was being careful. (Been snowboarding for 12 years)  

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Ooh nice one haha

I went snowboarding as well, yesterday :D

Worst wipe out I had was because someone had dug out a hole on the landing for a pretty big jump <_>

Managed to land it the next few attempts though !

Ouch. Skiing/snowboarding can be tough.

I'm a ski racer.. in my life, I've had WAAAYYY too many injuries. I've snapped my tibia/fibula, torn my ACL/meniscus, broken my back, torn my rotator cuff, and had many concussions. 

Just stay strong. Hope you get better man

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

that looks like fun !

can I try ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

that looks like fun !

can I try ?

I would say no... Ice burn hurts... My whole right arm is ice/road burn.

Shit man! Happily I haven't broken anything from skiing, maybe cause I'm not pushing too much but whatever... Get better soon man!

#skiingisbetter, jkjk

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

#skiingisbetter, jkjk

98854-huehuehue-lizard-meme-hue-rept-895

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Shit man! Happily I haven't broken anything from skiing, maybe cause I'm not pushing too much but whatever... Get better soon man!

#skiingisbetter, jkjk

Skiing is better in many ways... I am back into skiing for back country but in ski areas I find snowboarding much more fun...

Skiing is better in many ways... I am back into skiing for back country but in ski areas I find snowboarding much more fun...

I've never tried snowboarding. Might have to give it a go...

I really love skiing back country. All the powder and face shots <3. I feel like it would not be as fun when snowboarding. Also, what happens if you get stuck in the deep snow? When youre one a pair of skis, you have poles..

I really love skiing back country. All the powder and face shots <3. I feel like it would not be as fun when snowboarding. Also, what happens if you get stuck in the deep snow? When youre one a pair of skis, you have poles..

New Zealand doesn't have anything interesting off-piste, at least in the North Island's mounts.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Depends how steep it is... If its nice and steep its easy to pop back up but if its not steep you got to kinda pack a spot down to get back up.

Its a ton of fun in a ski area to ride pow... But its hard to get into the back country... As on snowshoes you do not get the glide you do off skis with skins. 

New Zealand doesn't have anything interesting off-piste, at least in the North Island's mounts.

Come over to CO. btw, I have another training vid if you want to see it. Downhill ;)

Come over to CO. btw, I have another training vid if you want to see it. Downhill ;)

Ooooh, yes please!

Depends how steep it is... If its nice and steep its easy to pop back up but if its not steep you got to kinda pack a spot down to get back up.

Its a ton of fun in a ski area to ride pow... But its hard to get into the back country... As on snowshoes you do not get the glide you do off skis with skins.

Ive seen a few snowboard movies that make me want to try it SO bad. A lot of people who go heli-skiing go on snowboards. I looks like so much fun to ride down an entire, open mountain on a board. 

I would still like to try boarding off-piste. I feel like something like this would be sick on a snowboard. 

Crystal-Day-1.jpg

also, @OP, where did you go snowboard? Looks sweet

Ooooh, yes please!

I'll send it to you ;)

Or maybe post it here  :ph34r:

Ive seen a few snowboard movies that make me want to try it SO bad. A lot of people who go heli-skiing go on snowboards. I looks like so much fun to ride down an entire, open mountain on a board. 

I would still like to try boarding off-piste. I feel like something like this would be sick on a snowboard. 

I'll send it to you ;)

Or maybe post it here  :ph34r:

that would be perfect for a snowboard!

These are two videos I made last year I am really not that good...But going 12 times so far this year has really really helped!

that would be perfect for a snowboard!

These are two videos I made last year I am really not that good...But going 12 times so far this year has really really helped!

~~

~~

That's awesome! You're pretty good, especially someone who has only snowboarded 12 times in a year xD

That's awesome! You're pretty good, especially someone who has only snowboarded 12 times in a year xD

No no 12 times this year... I have been doing it from age 7 and am now 17 I also skiied when 5 and 6...

No no 12 times this year... I have been doing it from age 7 and am now 17 I also skiied when 5 and 6...

Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding :P

I've been skiing since I was 2 or 3. Ski racing for about 9ish years. 4 years ago I moved from VA to CO to get more into ski racing (skiing in VA is kinda crap). I go to a ski academy, where we ski 6 days a week, with races around 2-3 times a month. And then there are ski camps over the summer. I think there may be 12 days in a year where I DO NOT ski :D

Here's a video of me (sorry, don't have any of my edits on my laptop). It's from downhill training this weekend. 

@ZacDaMan72

I might make an end of the season edit...

Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding :P

I've been skiing since I was 2 or 3. Ski racing for about 9ish years. 4 years ago I moved from VA to CO to get more into ski racing (skiing in VA is kinda crap). I go to a ski academy, where we ski 6 days a week, with races around 2-3 times a month. And then there are ski camps over the summer. I think there may be 12 days in a year where I DO NOT ski :D

Here's a video of me (sorry, don't have any of my edits on my laptop). It's from downhill training this weekend. 

@ZacDaMan72

I might make an end of the season edit...

wow your fantastic!! I am not very good to tell the truth.

wow your fantastic!! I am not very good to tell the truth.

bc7.png

you're too nice lol. Compared to the skiers out here though, I am not much.. like.. at all. There are some kids my age that are beating C-Team US Ski Team guys.. 

You're not bad man. I guarantee you if you got more practice/time on skis, you'd be really good. 

Huh? Was tagged?