State of decay refused Classification, What is going on with the ACB?

JaeDee884

Whilst I am not advocating censorship or its legitimacy, the difference between a movie and a game is that the game is programed to provide various responses to the players interaction a movie is exactely the same no matter how many times you watch it. This means that a game can be program to reward certain moral choices. This is a basic form of behavioural manipulation, In some people prolonged exposure to behavioural manipulation blurs the lines of reality. We all know it is not like this for everyone, But not everyone has a balanced self esteem.  And for some people allowing this type of interaction is the same as endorsing the behaviour.  If these games were movies then they would, in all likely hood, been approved.

It's called Jail old style concrete floor and slop on a tin plate, not the "tap" on the wrist dont do it again law in australia 

It's called Jail old style concrete floor and slop on a tin plate, not the "tap" on the wrist dont do it again law in australia 

I'm not too sure I understand your point, what has jail or the Australian justice system got to do with how a video game can effect the human psyche?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

lol your local adult store

My local "adult" store. is 300km away :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I'm not too sure I understand your point, what has jail or the Australian justice system got to do with how a video game can effect the human psyche?

? Everyone thinks differently that one person that watches a movie with the same violence will go out and do it and another wont game is no difference you may get to pick what to do its still the option in a persons mind to do it or not in the real world. Fear or beening caught for where you go breaking the law, can play a big part in what people will actually do

? Everyone thinks differently that one person that watches a movie with the same violence will go out and do it and another wont game is no difference you may get to pick what to do its still the option in a persons mind to do it or not in the real world. Fear or beening caught for where you go breaking the law, can play a big part in what people will actually do

I disagree, It's not just choices that makes a game different, it is also the ability for the programmer to reward certain choices with extend play or more components in the game thus the game can reward you for what choice the programmer decides (basic behavioural modification).  Consequences or threats of punishment on the other hand make no difference and is moot because a weak minded person (one who is likely to be effected by said game) will start playing without thought of a crime (like everyone does) but once they have been effected it is too late. As far as jail time, or worse capital punishment, goes it is not a deterrent as weak minded people do not think far enough into the future to consider consequences of their actions. This is evidenced today by the high number of people incarcerated or on death row. 

Again I am neither for it nor against it, but I do see legitimate arguments on both sides.  To censor is a crime against civil liberty and insulting to those mature enough to play them, to not censor is to fail to protect those who can't protect themselves like weaker family members, little children or simply the weak minded of society.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I disagree, It's not just choices that makes a game different, it is also the ability for the programmer to reward certain choices with extend play or more components in the game thus the game can reward you for what choice the programmer decides (basic behavioural modification).  Consequences or threats of punishment on the other hand make no difference and is moot because a weak minded person (one who is likely to be effected by said game) will start playing without thought of a crime (like everyone does) but once they have been effected it is too late. As far as jail time, or worse capital punishment, goes it is not a deterrent as weak minded people do not think far enough into the future to consider consequences of their actions. This is evidenced today by the high number of people incarcerated or on death row. 

Again I am neither for it nor against it, but I do see legitimate arguments on both sides.  To censor is a crime against civil liberty and insulting to those mature enough to play them, to not censor is to fail to protect those who can't protect themselves like weaker family members, little children or simply the weak minded of society.

Um my arguement is 18+ only as they have the rating ... 

Um my arguement is 18+ only as they have the rating ... 

My point is that is that their argument has nothing to do with age so the rating is moot. Otherwise you could extend this argument to everything, I.E I am over 18 and I know it is dangerous to speed so you should not use cameras or speed guns and you should trust that I am mature enough to drive sensibly and not endanger other road users.

EDIT: or I should say that they should trust everyone to drive responsibly.