What are you drinking ?

Ex0Thermic

You vile individual:

1. Only Americans call whisky "scotch", I see you're from the UK, so just don't.
  2. Famous Grouse is the absolute shittest whisky knocking about with the exception perhaps of supermarket own-brand whisky.
  3. Cheap whisky should be drank with coke, not pepsi.
  4. You better be drinking those single malt whiskies with water, or over ice. Not coke, or pepsi.
  5. Y u buy Irish whisky?!?!

First thanks for noticing how vile I am   :P 

Second it's call Scotch because it's blended, barrelled and brewed in Scotland (not to mention it's also states it's scotch whisky on the bottle).

Thirdly It was a xmas gift and is one the nicest blended whisky's out there with out having to spend £100+.

Fourth WHY THE HELL would you every add water/Ice to a single malt, you either chill the bottle or drink out of a frosted glass (you never take away from flavour off a good drink by adding water to it!

Fifthly Irish whisky is pretty good too. it's my best friends favourite drink and again it was an xmas gift.

And lastly i'm drinking pepsi because it's healthier than coke-cola

oh here is another gift I got for christmas and will be starting next  :D 

DSC_0102_zps4i6cyaxt.jpg

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

The best* drink: Irn Bru.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irn-Bru

*Best in my opinion.

Hands down my favourite beverage ever. I get through far too much of it during exam finals :/

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Hands down my favourite beverage ever. I get through far too much of it during exam finals :/

Haha! I just get through too much of it full stop. Seriously... I drink like two to three litres a day (sugar free stuff).

My main drink is Sweet Iced Tea, or Dr. Pepper when I get the chance.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I'm sharing a drink they call loneliness because it's better then drinking alone 

Now I'm trying to think which song it is that I know that lyric from. I believe it's a Dropkick Murphys song, then again, it could be something else.

Wait... Is it The Wild Rover? In which case, it's a cover.

EDIT: Completely wrong; it's good ol' Billy Joel! My mind drew a bit of a blank there.

Now I'm trying to think which song it is that I know that lyric from. I believe it's a Dropkick Murphys song, then again, it could be something else.

Wait... Is it The Wild Rover? In which case, it's a cover.

EDIT: Completely wrong; it's good ol' Billy Joel! My mind drew a bit of a blank there.

Was slowly losing faith in you..... question did you google the lyrics?

I am happy little Vegemite.

your mother's cunt huehue 

jk, I like Sprite. And that's it. Sprite is Love, Sprite is Life

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty 

Haha! I just get through too much of it full stop. Seriously... I drink like two to three litres a day (sugar free stuff).

I would totally do that, if the closest shop that stocked it wasn't 40 minutes away. It is only in exam times where the procrastination is so strong that I can stand to make the walk :L

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

water. all the time, 3 liters a day

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

You vile individual:

1. Only Americans call whisky "scotch", I see you're from the UK, so just don't.
  2. Famous Grouse is the absolute shittest whisky knocking about with the exception perhaps of supermarket own-brand whisky.
  3. Cheap whisky should be drank with coke, not pepsi.
  4. You better be drinking those single malt whiskies with water, or over ice. Not coke, or pepsi.
  5. Y u buy Irish whisky?!?!

First of all Scotch is not an American name for whiskey, it is a type of whiskey that is made from malted barley. Just like Bourbon is a type of whiskey that is made from a grain mixture (primarily corn). Also real whiskey drinkers don't add anything to their drink not even ice (but maybe some water can be added).

First of all Scotch is not an American name for whiskey, it is a type of whiskey that is made from malted barley. Just like Bourbon is a type of whiskey that is made from a grain mixture (primarily corn). Also real whiskey drinkers don't add anything to their drink not even ice (but maybe some water can be added).

A vital detail you missed out, scotch isn't just any old malt whiskey, it has to be made in Scotland.

Not that I'm a real whiskey drinker as I only drink it neat when I'm already hammered. I am partial to both an Old Fashioned and a Godfather though, preferably using bourbon rather than malt.

The odd night out aside, I mostly drink water, though I do drink a bit of cherry pepsi max, I'm not a drinking (alcohol) at home kind of person.

A vital detail you missed out, scotch isn't just any old malt whiskey, it has to be made in Scotland.

Not that I'm a real whiskey drinker as I only drink it neat when I'm already hammered. I am partial to both an Old Fashioned and a Godfather though, preferably using bourbon rather than malt.

The odd night out aside, I mostly drink water, though I do drink a bit of cherry pepsi max, I'm not a drinking (alcohol) at home kind of person.

Yes, I forgot to say that it has to be made in Scotland. But I'm pretty much the same I am more of a water drinker.

Fourth WHY THE HELL would you every add water/Ice to a single malt, you either chill the bottle or drink out of a frosted glass (you never take away from flavour off a good drink by adding water to it!

Just want to add this, as someone who ONLY drinks single malts. You always add 2-5 drops of distilled water to a single malt to open up the flavours. If you are a proper single malt connoisseur, you should know that  :P

Here's a video for some education: 

Also, your 4 bottle whiskey range is a good start, but those are just starter whiskeys... I would suggest trying out Arbelours A'bunadh variation (Cask Strength bottling) 

Edit: and since this is the What are you drinking? thread, This one got over 2 weeks ago:

post-825-0-71995900-1422195197.jpg

These two are what I'm alternating with right now:

post-825-0-93542800-1422195235.jpg

post-825-0-71995900-1422195197.jpg

post-825-0-93542800-1422195235.jpg

post-66999-0-98872200-1422194450_thumb.j

post-66999-0-98872200-1422194450_thumb.j

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Also, your 4 bottle whiskey range is a good start, but those are just starter whiskeys... I would suggest trying out Arbelours A'bunadh variation (Cask Strength bottling) 

sadly only 1 off them has a bottle off whisky in it (Old Pulteney). the others I use as money boxes (mostly 1p and 2p coins).

I really want to try Glenfiddich 21yr and 30yr single malts but don't have the pennies saved up yet  :( 

(think the 21yr is about £110 starting price an the 30yr is about £600 starting).

oh and the reason for using a chilled whisky or a frosted (ice cold glass) it that it will pull in pure water vapour form the air.

where as most people will use unpure (or treated) tap water to make ice which is not good.

personally I like the taste off whisky straight out of the bottle and served in a cold glass. so thats how I normally drink it when I want to relax. but if I'm gaming or out with mate then I will drink it with coke/pepsi to help pace my self.

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

not to sure, but that might be the most unhealthiest drink so far :)

I'm trying to improve my health, but it's just not working for me. I'm addicted.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Cold unsweetened Lipton Yellow Label tea... Not the best, but cheaper per mL compared to bottled tea...

I would totally do that, if the closest shop that stocked it wasn't 40 minutes away. It is only in exam times where the procrastination is so strong that I can stand to make the walk :L

I buy it at the local wholesaler. Either that or Lidl - it's hellish cheap in Lidl £3.69 for four 2lt bottles.