A few questions for those who live in New Zealand (Not a ask the X thread)

joelthezombie15

For scenery like in the pictures you posted, the South Island is good especially in summer.

In the South Island the temperature gets up to about 35 C during the day in summer. It sounds hot but it's actually fairly pleasant cause it's not humid at all. During the night though it gets cold enough enough to need a couple blankets.

In winter it occasionally snows and often gets down to around 0 C.

That sounds perfect :p

Yeah they're fairly common...

Have i ever told you i hate you wind :/ why must you ruin NZ for me :(

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Its texas... thats a negative :P

and i dont live in tucson  i live in mesa 

I dont like heat though (I know ive lived in az for 16 years) I want cold like actual cold weather. 

Fine.

It can hit 100 degrees in the summer, but that happens sparingly. It's mostly 90's with random humidity.

And the winters get pretty cold. It usually snows, where I live at least, once a year/every other year. Usually 40-60's all winter. And the days it does go below freezing, it isn't humid (so no rain/snow).

Basically, our spring and autumn/fall are short. The winters and summers are long. It snowed on Easter once (recently), and can usually stay 80's+ into October.

Texas is bipolar.

For scenery like in the pictures you posted, the South Island is good especially in summer.

In the South Island the temperature gets up to about 35 C during the day in summer. It sounds hot but it's actually fairly pleasant cause it's not humid at all. During the night though it gets cold enough enough to need a couple blankets.

In winter it occasionally snows and often gets down to around 0 C.

I like how the two NZ guys are in Australia. Why? lol

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Texas is bipolar.

Yes it is, and ikr it makes me laugh.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

I noticed that too. lol

Melbourne is so much better. Better quality of life, better roads, better public transport, better living costs. I could continue..

Melbourne is so much better. Better quality of life, better roads, better public transport, better living costs. I could continue..

From what I've heard, the living costs are much higher than in, say, the UK. :| The pay is higher as a consequence, but still.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

True, I would not recommend PA. Worst governor in the country and the job market here sucks. On to the next state

Well, I live in PA and I'd have to disagree.  Pittsburgh is #3 on best job market city in the country.  However with how corrupt our government is, 911, sandy hook and boston bombing were all government jobs sadly, and now with the recent NSA BS, I am afraid our government IE Obama will become the next Hitler.  Granted our previous presidents have helped contribute to the problem greatly, Obama is going for sole dictatorship!!

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I moved from NZ to Japan when I was only around 1 year old. Then when I was about 3 or 4 I moved to Australia and I've lived here ever since. But I visit NZ every year and I'm still a NZ citizen.

Well, I live in PA and I'd have to disagree.  Pittsburgh is #3 on best job market city in the country.  However with how corrupt our government is, 911, sandy hook and boston bombing were all government jobs sadly, and now with the recent NSA BS, I am afraid our government IE Obama will become the next Hitler.  Granted our previous presidents have helped contribute to the problem greatly, Obama is going for sole dictatorship!!

Good to know it isn't all of PA. Just don't go looking for a job in NEPA.

I love Pittsburgh btw, beautiful city and I'm a huge Steelers fan

Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife. And hide yo' husband, because they're raping everybody out here!

Hahahah, the irony.

† Christian Member †

Hahahah, the irony.

Irony? Nah, rape isn't a problem here. But we do get shootings and the rare occasion of child/domestic abuse in the news.

What about Australia :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Yep all americans

#merica

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Hey, I am a true blooded KIWI :)

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Are there big bugs mostly spiders. (If you post a picture i will report you so dont be a jerk)

As other have said, the weta ut not very common, you have to go looking for them realy.

What is the rate of living?

Good but expensive realy.

What are the taxes like?

We have  15% GST and taxes can be found by Google.

What are the best cities to live in?

Depends, Auckland If u like the city but very expensive housing.

What is the crime rate like?

No real shootings as guns are restricted, quite useless police for anything other than major things.

What are some good places to visit?

Those pics are mainly fiordland I think. The how country is good, but it is different when u live here.

What is the weather like?

Depends on the part of the country.

Anymore?

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

I thought the main reason is Jobs since well paid jobs over in NZ is hard to come by

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Irony? Nah, rape isn't a problem here. But we do get shootings and the rare occasion of child/domestic abuse in the news.

It may not be a problem, but it's more of a problem than it is in Austin.

The irony part was you saying that and living in Tucson imo.

† Christian Member †

Are there big bugs mostly spiders. (If you post a picture i will report you so dont be a jerk)

As other have said, the weta ut not very common, you have to go looking for them realy.

What are the taxes like?

No real shootings as guns are restricted, quite useless police for anything other than major things.

Those pics are mainly fiordland I think. The how country is good, but it is different when u live here.

Anymore?

GST of 15% damn, Australia is 33% though I still plan on shipping my cars over there if/when I manage to emigrate if the UK quits raping me.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

What about Australia :P

Spiders, no

What are the taxes like?

Anymore?

I like the country too but those pictures were really cool. 

Okay thanks 

(are the hobbits still there?)

GST of 15% damn, Australia is 33% though I still plan on shipping my cars over there if/when I manage to emigrate if the UK quits raping me.

Aussie GST is not on everything though and in the end it is still cheaper there.

Green Machine

Aussie GST is not on everything though and in the end it is still cheaper there.

Ahh that's good then

I would suggest moving to australia its bigger we are getting nbn 100 down 40 up min we have so many beutifull places but newzelands good to and i rearly c spiders it is over publicised plus we have cute kowalas (they are not bear scientificualy proven)

I would suggest moving to australia its bigger we are getting nbn 100 down 40 up min we have so many beutifull places but newzelands good to and i rearly c spiders it is over publicised plus we have cute kowalas (they are not bear scientificualy proven)

again, spiders. no thanks