What language should I learn ?

Hi everyone,

I have asked a couple of tech questions but this time my question belongs in the "Off Topic" area. 

I will have a lot of free time when I am done with my exams and I want to learn a new language. At this time I know two foreign languages (English and German/Deutsch). 

And now to the question:

Should I learn Italian or Russian ? I just want your opinions.Thanks : ).

Italian, because it's cooler.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Chinese is definitely helpful in business context, but C++ is definitely a cool language :) :) :) :) :) :) heheheheheh

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Italian, imagine walking up to the girls and saying they're beautiful....

They'd be on there knees

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Spanish would be more useful than both but italian seems like a cooler romantic language.

System: Thinkpad T460

Out of the ones you listed, Russian!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hi everyone,

I have asked a couple of tech questions but this time my question belongs in the "Off Topic" area. 

I will have a lot of free time when I am done with my exams and I want to learn a new language. At this time I know two foreign languages (English and German/Deutsch). 

And now to the question:

Should I learn Italian or Russian ? I just want your opinions.Thanks : ).

Out of those two, Russian. Alternatively you could learn the second most important language after English which is Spanish. Way more practical to know Spanish.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

You're Bulgarian so definitely Russian.They have a lot of common vocabulary.

Italian would be harder for you to learn. Because I live in Romania, Italian is almost like speaking my own language. They are very very veeery much alike.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Japanese or Chinese are extremely helpful languages to learn in business settings, especially in computer and heavy industries like steel or semiconductors.

I took Japanese for four years and continued it here in Japan, and I love it. I have a friend who just came back from a 2-year stint in Taiwan, and he's picking up Japanese a little bit just from chatting with me over SMS. The characters more often than not have the same exact meaning. All Japanese does is change the pronunciations and add conjunctions. It's really cool. I might try going the other way at some point, just to learn another language. Learning languages is fun, just so long as you do it in a way that isn't a contemporary language course, because I learned more Japanese in the first month here than in four years of taking formal classes in high school, with a Japanese Japanese teacher.

most people are daunted by the amount of characters, but it's not that hard once you get used to learning how they work.

Asian languages for me are just far, far more interesting than the Romantic languages and even Germanic or Slavic languages, because I will actually be able to use the Japanese I learn now in my career years and years down the road. I don't want to learn spanish because I have literally zero interest in going to those countries. Technological advances are going to start happening the most in China, Japan and Taiwan, as they have been doing for the past four decades. China is going to just explode in the next few years, and the people who can speak Chinese will be very, very successful indeed.

So, not good news for the average American.

out of these russian

spanish is cool too. it is spoken in many places you culd travel to ;)

hitting on girls in mexico is much easier in spanish, but pshhht

:D 

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

Out of the two i would say Italian, not only is it an awesome language it'll give you a base in latin(ish) and with it you'll be able to pick up some French and Spanish when listening

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Polish, because I want to know how to speak it. Although if it is only out of those two then Italian I guess. I'd much rather go down on a guy who speaks Italian than Russian.

I've always wanted to learn Italian, too. Every word spoken just seems to flow into the next, it sounds so good. :D

It is a very musical language alright :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Out of those two, I'd recommend Russian. IMO it's more useful (especially considering your location, and even more so in the business front). However there are more useful languages than those two, but pick whatever feels interesting to you. One possibility could also be improving your English (and I'm not saying it's bad, not at all) to a master's level (like @-TesseracT- suggested), that can also open a lot of doors for you.

Another possibility could be coding: if you're into computers (especially software-wise), you could start to learn programming. It can come in useful later in life, like developing mobile apps and such. This isn't limited to just mobile apps, but seeing a lot of software market is going mobile, that can become useful in work.

If you're only interested in those two languages (Russian and Italian), I understand. Even if you know you wouldn't be using a language later in life, who knows what will happen in the future? Like I have zero motivation learning Swedish in high school, but instead I use that time in classes to learn Japanese online, even though I probably won't be ever using that language in my life, who knows? Future is unpredictable. At least better for me to learn something even remotely useful than just sit in class and do nothing useful.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I suggest learning German, Japanese or Mandarin if you want something that's useful...

or learn Filipino (Tagalog) for the heck of it...

I suggest learning German, Japanese or Mandarin if you want something that's useful...

German is also a good one. And considering the OP's location (again), in case jobs get scarce, and if you could speak German well, finding a job will prove to be much smaller issue (Seeing Bulgaria is part of EU, so you can even work abroad without needing other legal documents than just a valid ID), since there are over 100 million native German speakers, and it's known in almost half of Europe, so yeah... Definitely not a useless language. Not necessary to know, but knowing it can help in the future.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

German is also a good one. And considering the OP's location (again), in case jobs get scarce, and if you could speak German well, finding a job will prove to be much smaller issue (Seeing Bulgaria is part of EU, so you can even work abroad without needing other legal documents than just a valid ID), since there are over 100 million native German speakers, and it's known in almost half of Europe, so yeah... Definitely not a useless language. Not necessary to know, but knowing it can help in the future.

FYI I said in a the main post that I do indeed know German. 

I do know there are much more practical languages to learn (Spanish, Chinese and so on). However I am going with Italian because I am more interested in learning Italian than any other language.

Thanks for the great responses that all you guys and girls provided. : )

FYI I said in a the main post that I do indeed know German. 

I do know there are much more practical languages to learn (Spanish, Chinese and so on). However I am going with Italian because I am more interested in learning Italian than any other language.

Thanks for the great responses that all you guys and girls provided. : )

You should go and try to learn Bosnian..

It would be interesting! 

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W