The Water Cooling Gallery

26 minutes ago, CaptainSav916 said:

I thought it was but I didn't want to look like a fool for assuming it... It's a sleek case I must say! I'm digging the case, I wouldn't have even known it was wrapped until you said something.

I found the website and the combs. Did you have to disconnect the pins and feed them through yourself? I'm not trying to do something that tedious. This is what I've found more on the lines of what I was looking for. What do you think? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA6P4G36727&cm_re=cable_comb-_-9SIAA6P4G36727-_-Product

I'm running a AIO. I've built an average computer before but this is my first actual custom PC.

I made the cables from scratch (they're extensions), so I threaded them through the combs before plugging in to connectors. Making scratch cables is a rather time consuming task, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the time! And for a one off it is probably cheaper to just buy some ready made cables, and you can even get them with combs already in place. Those combs you linked are OK... I have used something very similar in the past, and they are a quick and easy method of making your cables look tidier. Actually though, removing cables from one end of a connector is not that hard... you just need the right tool and it takes no time at all. 

Getting in to this whole custom thing is a learning curve for sure. This is the most effort I've put in to a build, and I underestimated how much time that would be. It's an organic process over time though... a couple of years ago I don't think I would have imagined doing it, but the more you do, the more adventurous and bold you get, and you want to keep pushing yourself... at least I do anyway. :)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

What did you use to do the bending? Looking really nice! I hope mine looks half as good 

Current Build 'Black Ice'

NZXT H200I | Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming | Asus Strix GTX 1080 A8G | 16GB Corsair LPX 2400 | Samsung 970 Pro 500GB NVME M.2 | x2 2TB WD Blue | Intel 545s 500GB | 550w Corsair RMx

On 28/10/2016 at 11:15 PM, ZakeyKyle said:

What did you use to do the bending? Looking really nice! I hope mine looks half as good 

I used EK 16mm PETG, a heatgun (obviously lol) and Monsoon mandrels... although to be honest I could have done without those for the most part. I didn't need them for the bending as such, but they did come in handy for measuring. I screwed them down to a piece of wood, so I could make marks on the wood and therefore make the bends exactly where I needed... this was really useful where I had two bends in one tube, as I had to be super accurate with the second bend.

There is definitely a learning curve, and you will need some practice. Takes a bit of time to know how far to hold the tube from the heat, how fast to turn it, how much of it to heat up etc. and when it's ready to bend. Not ALL that difficult though, but I suggest you get twice the tubing you'll think you'll need! :)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

15 hours ago, atomicus said:

I used EK 16mm PETG, a heatgun (obviously lol) and Monsoon mandrels... although to be honest I could have done without those for the most part. I didn't need them for the bending as such, but they did come in handy for measuring. I screwed them down to a piece of wood, so I could make marks on the wood and therefore make the bends exactly where I needed... this was really useful where I had two bends in one tube, as I had to be super accurate with the second bend.

There is definitely a learning curve, and you will need some practice. Takes a bit of time to know how far to hold the tube from the heat, how fast to turn it, how much of it to heat up etc. and when it's ready to bend. Not ALL that difficult though, but I suggest you get twice the tubing you'll think you'll need! :)

I'm getting something like 6 meters of the same tube and I was planning on getting those Mandrels! I found them in a watercooling bending kit from Monsoon, it's pretty neat really. 

Current Build 'Black Ice'

NZXT H200I | Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming | Asus Strix GTX 1080 A8G | 16GB Corsair LPX 2400 | Samsung 970 Pro 500GB NVME M.2 | x2 2TB WD Blue | Intel 545s 500GB | 550w Corsair RMx

On 9.10.2016 at 11:31 PM, Jumper118 said:

its orange. i like the orange, dont like the sabertooth boards, dont like fans on ram. like overkill pumpage. dont like green pcb on 90 degree gpu slot thing. 

After I burned the cpu, I improve a little bit with your feedback and suggestions.  

DSC_0369.JPGDSC_0366.JPG

LEDsDSC_0378.JPG

A little bit darker orangeDSC_0380.JPG

Feedback is requested at any time, at best as a comment

Comments are very welcome

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 6:52 AM, SmashinMachine said:

After I burned the cpu, I improve a little bit with your feedback and suggestions.  

The bottom looks like ICEE Machine barrels lmao

1 hour ago, CaptainSav916 said:

The bottom looks like ICEE Machine barrels lmao

o.O If you've any suggestions, then let me know

9 hours ago, SmashinMachine said:

o.O If you've any suggestions, then let me know

I'm not saying theres anything wrong with it, im only saying thats the first thing that came to mind when i saw your build

Finally received the remaining parts for my loop.  (function over form)

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

1 minute ago, Dark said:

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

looks  good. I suggest you to sleeve the cables. Then will looks like Black Mamba :D

Just now, SmashinMachine said:

looks  good. I suggest you to sleeve the cables. Then will looks like Black Mamba :D

I certainly considered it but to be completely honest, these are likely the only photos I'll take of the system and no one by myself and my wife will see it.  So spending the money and putting in the time to sleeve isn't all that desirable. 

But thanks for the comment and suggestion.

44 minutes ago, Dark said:

Nice to see another 540 with a loop in it. I ended up moving my 360 to the back as the temps were bothering me.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Nice to see another 540 with a loop in it. I ended up moving my 360 to the back as the temps were bothering me.

What kind of temps were you seeing?

So far I've seen a max of 40c on the gpu's after consecutive benchmarks and my fans on medium.  

My loop is single pass (crossflow) rads going-- pump -> 360 -> 240 -> cpu -> gpu1 -> gpu2 ->res

1 minute ago, Dark said:

What kind of temps were you seeing?

So far I've seen a max of 40c on the gpu's after consecutive benchmarks and my fans on medium.  

My loop is single pass (crossflow) rads going-- pump -> 360 -> 240 -> cpu -> gpu1 -> gpu2 ->res

Well all the hot air in the loop, caused the ram to bake, back of the cards were on fire too. I was really lacking air flow with the high fpi 360.  Nothing was getting passively cooled. Ram sensor on the board had them at 50c. Back of the cards were hotter then that. In benchmarks the system did better but gaming sessions for a few hours started to hot box pretty bad. I normally keep the fans at 70% while gaming, with the rad in front the cards would hit 50c. With the rad in the back and same fan speeds top card would be 44 and bottom 40c. Ended up putting everything on water with the rad movement.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Don't think this is breaking the rules.   It is Water cooling.  Just Water cooling in Progress.   

I finally got tired of screwing around and trying to "make it work"  

I think this will come together well....

20161112_022626.jpg

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

After wasting money on a gtx 1080 again, I get to throw more stuff at the spare rig. Not seeing the big deal with parallel loops. May put it in my other case and toss a 480 rad on top of the 360 and won't even notice the difference to series. 

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

After wasting money on a gtx 1080 again, I get to throw more stuff at the spare rig. Not seeing the big deal with parallel loops. May put it in my other case and toss a 480 rad on top of the 360 and won't even notice the difference to series. 

parallel loops are suppose to perform worse. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

7 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

parallel loops are suppose to perform worse. 

That would be based off 100 different variables. But that is what I hear. These fans are quiet, even at max if 1200. So that's where they run while gaming. Pump is on number 2 out of 5. 

5 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Love the way parallel loops look. I'd sacrifice a few degrees for the set up, which I'm planning on doing. 

5 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

That would be based off 100 different variables. But that is what I hear. These fans are quiet, even at max if 1200. So that's where they run while gaming. Pump is on number 2 out of 5. 

but when you use cable ties and soft tubing surly you care more about $/performance than the looks?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

36 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

but when you use cable ties and soft tubing surly you care more about $/performance than the looks?

Well it performs better then air or the aio's that were previously used. I also didn't see the need to get compression fittings when hard tubing would be the end goal. I have a bag full of 1/2" fittings when I got a pair of rads I wanted. Also didn't wonna dump a more money into a PC I don't care for. I have it on Craigslist but I'm not gonna get a reasonable offer. If I care about performance and money I'd take this dam 1080 back again and go back to the old cards. But I told myself if I put a block on it I'll keep it. 

I was having lots of trouble with my old setup.  Mainly related to heat even with my custom loop.  So I decided to stop screwing around and go with a case that would allow me to do the cooling I really need.   

So far my Max CPU temp with a 4.4 Ghz OC is 51C and my max GPU temp is 37C...

Still a WiP but almost done.   Just need to clean it up a bit and get my cable extensions and do something about the Red and orange LEDs in the upper right hand side. 

Completely original and not inspired one bit by any other machine.  Nope not a bit at all....  

20161120_233358.jpg

Rampage V Edition 10

2x MSI 1080 Seahawk EKs in SLI 

32Gb of Trident z Memory at 3000mhz.  

950 Pro for the boot Drive.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

On 21/11/2016 at 2:58 AM, KWelz said:

Completely original and not inspired one bit by any other machine.  Nope not a bit at all....

Is that Skunkworks?LOL

Amazing build, are you going to do something about those red cables?

3 minutes ago, Baconbh8 said:

Is that Skunkworks?LOL

Amazing build, are you going to do something about those red cables?

I have custom cables on order from mainframe customs. 

I have already eplaced the 6800K with a 6850K for more lanes. 

Also upgraded to 64Gb of Ram.  Although this forced me to reduce the speed to 2800 so I am. It sure if u am going to keep it it not.