The Water Cooling Gallery

On 11/18/2016 at 11:18 PM, Jumper118 said:

parallel loops are suppose to perform worse. 

Not, necessarily.....  IMHO

Well I finally got around to change my water loop

This it how it looked before:

2016-11-29 22.11.02.jpg

Tubes here were a mess, because I didn't even think about using any angled fittings.

So this time I decided to use fittings and make everything look a bit more clean.

I also decided to use non colored tubes and rather have white coolant. Also moved my pump/res combo to the bottom of the case, and not on the radiator anymore.

This is how it looks now :) 

2016-11-30 19.22.16.jpg

2016-11-30 19.23.06.jpg

2016-11-30 19.23.18.jpg

I know it's still not perfect, but it's much better now.

And I came acros problem with this new tube from EKWB: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-duraclear-9-5-12-7mm

I was not able to put those white top firrings to the end ... that tube seems to be too big, and I barely managed to get it to the point it is now.

But for now it seems like there are no leaks :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Well, there are some extremely beautiful rigs on this site. So, here is my WIP so far.

Lian-Li PC 60 Case

Asus Rampage Extreme III Motherboard

Intel 980x Extreme Edition 3.33Ghz OCed to 4.25Ghz with Swiftech Apoge XT Waterblock

XFX R9 290x with GPU Heatkiller 3 and matching Backplane.

2 x Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSDs in RAID 0 (Yes Striped)

LG Bluray Drive

24 GB GSkill RAM DDR3

Top Rad AuquaComputer Airplex Modularity 140 with Built in D5 Pump & Additional Reservoir-Copper Edition

Bottom Rad AquaComputer Airplex Modularity 360 3x120MM-Copper Edition

All tubing is PETG Hardline Tubing.

Power Supply: Corsair 750w Fully Modular so I could do all my cable sleeving myself

OpenBuilds OX CNC machine that I built to help me with some of my more fancy stuff.

Next build I do will be a much larger more "modern" case that will allow me the space I need. For this one, I had to cram everything into a standard Mid-Tower ATX case. I absolutely love my Lian-Li case.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

Finished my PC this weekend!

Specs are:

i7 4790k

GTX 980

Asus Z97 Gryphon with a custom cover

2x 2TB Seagate HDDs

256 GB SSD

Housed in a Parvum Systems S2.5

Reservoir: Bitspower Z-Multi 150mm Water Tank

Res-Mount: Singularity Computers Etheral Core V3

Radiators: EK-CoolStream SE240

Pump: EK D5 with the Bitspower Premium D5 Kit

CPU-Block: EK-Supremacy EVO

GPU-Block: EK-FC980 GTX

Tubing: Alphacool 13/10mm satin acrylic

Fittings: Alphacool

large.DSC_0707.JPG

Spoiler

large.DSC_0169.jpglarge.DSC_0140.jpg

large.DSC_0789.JPGlarge.DSC_0782.JPGlarge.DSC_0765.JPGlarge.DSC_0757.JPGlarge.DSC_0714.JPGlarge.DSC_0722.JPGlarge.DSC_0756.JPG

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

10 minutes ago, SQZY98 said:

Specs are:

i7 4790k

GTX 980

2x 2TB Seagate HDDs

256 GB SSD

All the blocks plus pump are from EK, satin tubing from Alphacool along with all of the fittings

Hide contents

kind of looks like a model thats had way too much airbrushing in photoshop. 

got any real pictures of it?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

8 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

kind of looks like a model thats had way too much airbrushing in photoshop. 

got any real pictures of it?

Open the spoiler. All of the photos are straight out of the camera. Dont have photoshop installed yet.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

2 minutes ago, SQZY98 said:

Open the spoiler. All of the photos are straight out of the camera. Dont have photoshop installed yet.

they seem a bit blurry :P 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

5 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

they seem a bit blurry :P 

Oh, yeah. Admitedly not the best pics. Actually, I removed all of the dust on the first pictures. Incredible what difference that makes

~Quibiss

1 hour ago, SQZY98 said:

All the blocks plus pump are from EK, satin tubing from Alphacool along with all of the fittings

That looks great. What's the mount you used for the reservoir out of interest?

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

4 minutes ago, THFourteen said:

That looks great. What's the mount you used for the reservoir out of interest?

It's one from Singularity Computers.

~Quibiss

6 hours ago, SQZY98 said:

Specs are:

i7 4790k

GTX 980

2x 2TB Seagate HDDs

256 GB SSD

Absolutely loving that satin tubing. Very nice.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

4 hours ago, SQZY98 said:

You should get the satin reservoir to match the tubing. That would look great I'm sure!

Nice build though. Loving the tubing and the cables.

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

12 hours ago, amvoith said:

You should get the satin reservoir to match the tubing. That would look great I'm sure!

Nice build though. Loving the tubing and the cables.

That would be something to add later for sure! The only thing is that I can't see the fluid moving anymore :) It's interesting to see how the satin tubing makes the color appear different, more blue-ish.

~Quibiss

On 12/12/2016 at 7:46 PM, SQZY98 said:

That Satin tubing looks ace! Where did you get that? Did you bend it just the same as you would regular PETG? What pump is it you have there?

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

On 12/12/2016 at 9:33 PM, SQZY98 said:

Nice. 

No way I'm spending that amount of money on a mount though :-(

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

On 14.12.2016 at 2:36 AM, atomicus said:

That Satin tubing looks ace! Where did you get that? Did you bend it just the same as you would regular PETG? What pump is it you have there?

The tubing is Alphacools 13/10mm satin tubing. Note that it's acrylic. I haven't worked with PETG before so I'm not too sure as to where the differences are. Most important thing is that you heat it evenly until it's spaghetti-like. When you want to correct a bend you have to heat the entire area again, otherwise you get spidercracks. And don't point with too much heat at one area, that could cause it to bubble. This video could help, in case you haven't seen it yet :) Bending was kind of paintful to be honest, happy to be done now ^^. I use EKs D5 pump with a Bitspower Premium D5 Kit. It was pretty much the only top that was slim enough to fit in the back, wouldn't have bought it otherwise. It's so expensive.

On 14.12.2016 at 11:53 AM, THFourteen said:

Nice. 

No way I'm spending that amount of money on a mount though :-(

Yea the price is pretty steep unfortunately. All I can say is that it's excellent quality and something different than the plastic stuff. I kind of wanted to support Singularity Computers as well.

~Quibiss

Just some of the builds I did recently :)

I'm thinking of doing a dual-system, with two independent loops, in a Phanteks Enthoo Elite when/if it releases. Although, the In Win 909 and Mudrerbox MKII are both very eye-catching cases to me at the moment as well. I'm also considering something a little bit different, like glass tubing, chrome/nickel tubing, or steel-braided tubing.

NCase M1 Build

Spoiler

_DSC0913.jpg_DSC0917.jpg_DSC0928.jpg_DSC0931.jpg_DSC0939.jpg

Phanteks Evolv Glass Build

Spoiler

_DSC0102_small.jpg_DSC0110_small.jpg_DSC0115_small.jpg_DSC0117_small.jpg_DSC0118_small.jpg

Current Build, on the recently reviewed OpenTestBench. No fancy pictures of it at the moment, just crappy phone pictures

Spoiler

tempguts.jpg_DSC0100.jpg15497719_553165964883262_1428762383_n.jpg

17 hours ago, Sazexa said:

I'm thinking of doing a dual-system, with two independent loops, in a Phanteks Enthoo Elite when/if it releases. Although, the In Win 909 and Mudrerbox MKII are both very eye-catching cases to me at the moment as well. I'm also considering something a little bit different, like glass tubing, chrome/nickel tubing, or steel-braided tubing.

NCase M1 Build

--snip--

--snip--

Current Build, on the recently reviewed OpenTestBench. No fancy pictures of it at the moment, just crappy phone pictures

--snip--

I am enjoying the EK satin tubing a lot on your builds. Very nice.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

I'm liking that parralel setup. Nothing like going against the grain. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, SonoDanshi said:

I am enjoying the EK satin tubing a lot on your builds. Very nice.

Thanks! I've been considering some alternatives. Such as matte-black copper tubing. Or steel-braided soft tubing.

57 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

I'm liking that parralel setup. Nothing like going against the grain. 

I think it makes for a very clean set up. Plus EK blocks aren't too restrictive. Not sure the flow rate, but on a 480*60 rad with NF-F12's, I keep an i7-6950X (OC'd to 4.0 GHz, 1.25V) and two 1080's below 50°C when gaming. So it works lol.

7 minutes ago, Sazexa said:

Thanks! I've been considering some alternatives. Such as matte-black copper tubing. Or steel-braided soft tubing.

I think it makes for a very clean set up. Plus EK blocks aren't too restrictive. Not sure the flow rate, but on a 480*60 rad with NF-F12's, I keep an i7-6950X (OC'd to 4.0 GHz, 1.25V) and two 1080's below 50°C when gaming. So it works lol.

Isn't bad at all considering those fans. I hate using them on my high fpi rads.  Wanted to use a 480 on my parrallel rig but I don't feel like getting a 4th case to just have sit around. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

28 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Isn't bad at all considering those fans. I hate using them on my high fpi rads.  Wanted to use a 480 on my parrallel rig but I don't feel like getting a 4th case to just have sit around. 

Yeah, 480 seems to be going by the way side. 360 is pretty popular these days. The fans do well on this rad. The loudest component of my build is either the pump or HDD.

On 12/18/2016 at 4:40 PM, Sazexa said:

NCase M1 Build

That NCase build looks like it was super fun the build. How bad is it on terms of maintenance? do you have to work some risky water cooling magic ?