GTX 760 @ $250. Bad release pricing?

MooseParade

I'd rather buy a GTX 760, OC it and buy the new Never Settle coupon off ebay for like $30-$40 like I did with the current Never Settle bundle.

This way I get the best of both worlds.

For that price you can now get a Sapphire 7970

760 price is off the mark by a long shot. Not proportional to value. I'll be waiting for AMD's next train this time, hopefully they have a card that isn't fugly.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Its $320-350 in Australia :( not fair at all

Why does no one know about RadeonPro?

Please enlighten me...I'm not a nvidia fanboy, just a critical consumer.  To my knowledge, RadeonPro is set of driver updates designed by a third party, not AMD.  None-the-less if they improve frame-pacing and, more importantly, the user experience (fewer dropped/runt frames), then I'm all for it.  I was under the impression that they only improved the FPS of specific games, but didn't address the underlying issues inherent to runt frames.  Although AMD will soon release its own set of solutions for frame-pacing, in the meantime we should all send our emails demanding an update to Ryan at rshrout@pcper.com.   :D

Please enlighten me...I'm not a nvidia fanboy, just a critical consumer.  To my knowledge, RadeonPro is set of driver updates designed by a third party, not AMD.  None-the-less if they improve frame-pacing and, more importantly, the user experience (fewer dropped/runt frames), then I'm all for it.  I was under the impression that they only improved the FPS of specific games, but didn't address the underlying issues inherent to runt frames.  Although AMD will soon release its own set of solutions for frame-pacing, in the meantime we should all send our emails demanding an update to Ryan at rshrout@pcper.com.   :D

V_V I posted a thread, it's a 3rd party program not separate drivers but a program with dynamic v-sync and dynamic frame-pacing so it literally fixes he problem you mentioned ._.

It also forces programs that don't have xFire support to xFire ^_^

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16010-radeon-pro-a-brand-new-software-that-fixes-most-xfire-issues/

i created this thread long ago. it does stuff nvidia has never dreamed of.

The silicon-lottery applies to GPUs as it does to CPUs. This is why Stock clock benchmarks are more important than OC benchmarks. Stock clocks are guaranteed where as OC clocks are not.

the linus oc are basically guaranteed actually some stock oc cards have the overclock linus has on his 7950  

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16010-radeon-pro-a-brand-new-software-that-fixes-most-xfire-issues/

q_q explaining this to everyone and everything whenever they talk about micro-stuttering and I mention RadeonPro makes me die a little inside

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

the linus oc are basically guaranteed actually some stock oc cards have the overclock linus has on his 7950  

Um, no. That fundamentally negates the very definition of the word "guaranteed"

i reeeeally think linus should do a quick vid in this ... this is something that improves the gaming industry as a whole and would finally make nvidia shut up about all the runts and how they are better then try to sell you it for single gpus. infact these new gpus are single so why does people still go on about this when comparing to the 7950 which is priced at 260 and 249 after mail in rebate at newegg..... more performance overall at the exact same price and it is a single gpu so no runt issues 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Thank you ^_^

ok ok fine. let me change the statement a bit... even shoddy gpus should at least max out at the speeds linus has chosen for his overclocks. though, there exist the chance that you can have a very very bad card that just falls short of the linus oc

i reeeeally think linus should do a quick vid in this ... this is something that improves the gaming industry as a whole and would finally make nvidia shut up about all the runts and how they are better then try to sell you it for single gpus. infact these new gpus are single so why does people still go on about this when comparing to the 7950 which is priced at 260 and 249 after mail in rebate at newegg..... more performance overall at the exact same price and it is a single gpu so no runt issues 

Have you contacted him, or Ryan @ PCPer about it?...write something up for everyone to send to them...just stop complaining about it  :blink:

i've tried before. believe you me.

Have you contacted him, or Ryan @ PCPer about it?...write something up for everyone to send to them...just stop complaining about it  :blink:

linus doesnt wish to do it at this time because they do not have a capture card. Ryan from pcper refuses to aknowledge radeonpro anymore because nvidia has slipped him money.

linus doesnt wish to do it at this time because they do not have a capture card. Ryan from pcper refuses to aknowledge radeonpro anymore because nvidia has slipped him money.

...source?  or did a little parakeet tell you this?  Seriously though, what about TomsHardware?  They're getting paid off too?  If it's such a magical program then why doesn't AMD just do it themselves or hire the guys behind it...they're getting school by some free third party software?  That's almost worse than having the problems in the first place!  When I see a proper review of the performance changes, then yes I'll consider an AMD card.  Until then, please stick to facts, not slander.

Here in New Zealand the GTX 760 is priced against the HD 7970 Gigahertz.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

...source?  or did a little parakeet tell you this?  Seriously though, what about TomsHardware?  They're getting paid off too?  If it's such a magical program then why doesn't AMD just do it themselves or hire the guys behind it...they're getting school by some free third party software?  That's almost worse than having the problems in the first place!  When I see a proper review of the performance changes, then yes I'll consider an AMD card.  Until then, please stick to facts, not slander.

tomshardware did some stuff with radeonpro at one point. and they showed how well it worked. that is even shown on my radeonpro thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16010-radeon-pro-a-brand-new-software-that-fixes-most-xfire-issues

For them it's all about competition.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

In Australia, it costs the same as a 7950 ~320-350$ and I have to say, an overclocked 7950 destroys it.

A 7950 also comes with more VRAM, higher memory bus and 4 games.

The choice is obvious here.

The silicon-lottery applies to GPUs as it does to CPUs. This is why Stock clock benchmarks are more important than OC benchmarks. Stock clocks are guaranteed where as OC clocks are not.

Have you heard of the binning process? Even just going by your logic (Which i can already tell you, Linus is using moderate overclocks that 95% of card owners can achieve), the process in which the 7950 Boost is differentiated from the 7970GHz compared with the 760 from the 680/770 will generally mean the the 7950s are generally better binned, ahead of the 7870 Tahiti LEs, while the 760s are just heavily crippled 770/680s.

Have you heard of the binning process? Even just going by your logic (Which i can already tell you, Linus is using moderate overclocks that 95% of card owners can achieve), the process in which the 7950 Boost is differentiated from the 7970GHz compared with the 760 from the 680/770 will generally mean the the 7950s are generally better binned, ahead of the 7870 Tahiti LEs, while the 760s are just heavily crippled 770/680s.

Yes, I know about chip binning. The same thing is done with Intel/AMD CPUs. That still doesn't mean the silicon-lottery doesn't apply. That was my point. I'm not comparing which manufacturer bins chips better. Especially when AMD and Nvidia cards have different architectures so to compare the binning process with that in mind is kind of a moot point.

tomshardware did some stuff with radeonpro at one point. and they showed how well it worked. that is even shown on my radeonpro thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16010-radeon-pro-a-brand-new-software-that-fixes-most-xfire-issues

K Thanks!  I still think you should call up PCPer...here:  http://youtu.be/1-np04pSL24?t=1h42m15s    :D

There is something that everyone seems to forget when talking about overclocking AMD & Nvidia cards.

Even if you think the clocks Linus is using are not attainable by everyone, remember that AMD cards have unlocked voltage, so no matter what, those 7950 & 7970 clocks are attainable by everyone, the only difference is that some people will need to over-volt while others won't.

If you run a 760 @ 660 Ti clocks it will perform similarly or worse depending on the game's need for bandwidth or GPU horsepower, Nvidia went around that by upping the clocks, effectively eating away the overclocking potential of the card.