radeon pro. a brand new software that fixes most xfire issues!!!

ShiverMePenguins

http://www.radeonpro.info/

now remember, i use spoilers and quotes in order to allow users to easily distinguish between features of radeonpro and have attempted to format this threads op in such a way that all information is delivered in the most efficient way possible. if you have any questions or comments i welcome them. please let me know how i did, and if you have any relevant information i would be pleased to add it.

a performance comparison of the 7990 with radeonpro compared to a nvidia 690. 

Here is a comparison between RadeonPro Dynamic V-Sync & Nvidia's Adaptive V-Sync by Tom's Hardware.
link to toms hardware review http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7990-devil13-7970-x2,3329-11.html

as you can see even from a 3rd party review site such as toms hardware, testing shows that radeonpro creates a significant imrpovement to amd architechture. now remember, actual performance will vary due to the sandbox nature of custom pc's, but this is indicative of what will happen for the end user.

Nvidia Adaptive
Detail%20Frame%20Rate%2003%20SLI%20Adapt

RadeonPro
Detail%20Frame%20Rate%20Crossfire%2005%2

now that we got that out of the way i have something to say. to anyone complaining about stuttering and sprouting missinformation in recommendation thread please google radeonpro, and learn more of the software. it is a very good fix (though not complete) in things like latency and micro stutter. i cannot notice the difference between my 660ti's and my girlfriends 7870's.  and to be honest, i only have nvidia cards because i do some work that benefits from cuda, as well as playing and working in unreal engine three. if those 2 were a non issue, i would have gotten 7870's or 7950's.

and for those too lazy to go to radeonpro's website there are 2 features/abilities that radeonpro has. they are called

dfc - dynamic framerate control

and

dvc - dynamic vsync control.

for dfc, here is a direct copy paste to their website

Dynamic Frame rate Control feature or DFC allows for real time control of maximum rendered frames displayed per second. DFC is aimed at providing smoother gameplay by limiting the maximum displayed frames per second for games whose frame latency vary too much, for example, if a game is keeping frame rate between 50 and 80 FPS, you can set a limit of 45 FPS and enjoy a smoother experience thanks to more stable frame latency. Even if the game is capable to deliver 60 FPS, DFC set to 60 FPS as target can also help by smoothing the frame latency, try titles like Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the stuttering seem on those games with plain V-sync is removed by using DFC + V-sync on.

- See more at: http://www.radeonpro.info/features/dynamic-frame-rate-control/#sthash.SZyFEfA3.dpu

basically what that means, is that if your minimum is 55 fps, and the maximum 66 fps, you're getting too much variance in your framerate. so by lowering the framerate on the software level, you then get a smoother experience. take for it if you will, a car going full throttle on the interstate. efficiency starts to get very bad right (down in the <10 mpg range for hybrids). but if you lower your speed to the right amount, your efficiency goes back up to 35 mpg or so. 

for dvc here is a direct copy paste

Dynamic V-sync Control or DVC feature dynamically turns display vertical synchronization on or off based on sustained frame rate vs. display’s refresh rate. When DVC is on, RadeonPro monitors frame rate in real time and when it is equal or greater than display’s refresh rate (e.g. 60 Hz), v-sync is kept on to avoid tearing and improve gaming smoothness, whereas when sustained frame rate is below display’s refresh rate, v-sync is turned off to reduce stuttering. Keep in mind some tearing can be visible while v-sync is off. - See more at: http://www.radeonpro.info/features/dynamic-vsync-control/#sthash.M01VgfDE.dpuf

this is very similar to nvidias "adaptive vsync", in terms that it turns vsync off when fps is lower than refresh rate, and vsync turns on when it is higher than the refresh rate. enabling both when crosfiring helps to force a constant fps in which case your frames will be delivered evenly instead of sporadically. by doing this, YOU DO LOSE MAXIMUM FRAMERATE, but the visual experience is improved, and minimum fps is oftentimes improved as well by proxy. 

what is triple buffering 

In 
computer graphicstriple buffering is similar to double buffering but provides a speed improvement. In double buffering the program must wait until the finished drawing is copied or swapped before starting the next drawing. This waiting period could be several milliseconds during which neither buffer can be touched.

In triple buffering the program has two back buffers and can immediately start drawing in the one that is not involved in such copying. The third buffer, the front buffer, is read by the graphics card to display the image on the monitor. Once the monitor has been drawn, the front buffer is flipped with (or copied from) the back buffer holding the last complete screen. Since one of the back buffers is always complete, the graphics card never has to wait for the software to complete. Consequently, the software and the graphics card are completely independent, and can run at their own pace. Finally, the displayed image was started without waiting for synchronization and thus with minimum lag.[1]

Due to the software algorithm not having to poll the graphics hardware for monitor refresh events, the algorithm is free to run as fast as possible. This can mean that several drawings that are never displayed are written to the back buffers. This is not the only method of triple buffering available, but is the most prevalent on the PC architecture where the speed of the target machine is highly variable.

Another method of triple buffering involves synchronizing with the monitor frame rate. Drawing is not done if both back buffers contain finished images that have not been displayed yet. This avoids wasting CPU drawing undisplayed images and also results in a more constant frame rate (smoother movement of moving objects), but with increased latency.[1] This is the case when using triple buffering in DirectX, where a chain of 3 buffers are rendered and always displayed.

Triple buffering implies three buffers, but the method can be extended to as many buffers as is practical for the application. Usually, there is no advantage to using more than three buffers.

triple buffering is basically this, the gpu will get told to render a frame, it will render frame, but now show the finalized image till it is ready.

the "normal" way to deliver a frame to your screen is to deliver it line by line, from top to bottom. so if you have triple buffering enabled, it won't show you the rendered frame till it is completely finished.

triple buffering helps with certain performance issues, and visual as well. without being too technical you should leave triple buffering enabled along with dfc and dvc. all of those WILL introduce a slight amount of mouse lag, but the visual enhancements are well worth it, and arguably better for twitch gameplay. just get a better mouse.

another radeonpro function is osd "on screen display function"

On-Screen Display or OSD functions in RadeonPro can show current playing game information and also GPU data like temperature, clocks and GPU utilization, all in real time.

osdgpumonitoring.jpg

- See more at: http://www.radeonpro.info/features/osd-functions/#sthash.xrHqn4Vg.dpuf

this is a usefull feature because it will show you in game all the truly relevant information. how many ms are your frames delayed (technically) what is your "hardware level framerate", temperatures, usage by percentage, amount of vram used, fan speed, core/memory clocks, you name it. EVERYTHING you would possibly need to know for an osd function/support utility is right there. no fiddling with console commands in game or anything. TAH DAHHH

There are even more functions and features of radeon pro, such as sweetfx integration, fxaa, smaa support. dual fxaa smaa capabilities and more. it literally is a better software than amd's own CCC (catalyst control center). 

Knock yourself out with self discovery (not really, i discovered and learned it for you, you are absorbing my knowledge because i self discovered it and have passed it onto you. have fun with that mind twister)

Good find :), I will have to download and tinker with the software a bit :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

http://www.radeonpro.info/

now that we got that out of the way i have something to say. to anyone complaining about stuttering and sprouting missinformation in recommendation thread please google radeonpro, and learn more of the software. it is a very good fix (though not complete) in things like latency and micro stutter. i cannot notice the difference between my 660ti's and my girlfriends 7870's.  and to be honest, i only have nvidia cards because i do some work that benefits from cuda, as well as playing and working in unreal engine three. if those 2 were a non issue, i would have gotten 7870's or 7950's.

Hasn't this software fixed this issue all along? Or did they only fix shuttering but not the frame rating issue?

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

From the rumors I've heard, the code being used on this software is the one that's being integrated on the prototype drivers.

Hasn't this software fixed this issue all along? Or did they only fix shuttering but not the frame rating issue?

yes it has. it fixes pretty much all the issues.

i made this thread because of all of the "RYAN SAID RYAN SAID" people that are woefully ignorant of 3rd party software and miss-represent a company based upon incorrect knowledge.

Great news for amd users, i never doubted that they would sort the drivers out. 7990 gonna be such a good card!

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

yes it has. it fixes pretty much all the issues.

i made this thread because of all of the "RYAN SAID RYAN SAID" people that are woefully ignorant of 3rd party software and miss-represent a company based upon incorrect knowledge.

Ya like I said Ryan Shrout will not be promoting anything other than his own solution because he is running an agenda of his own.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Great news for amd users, i never doubted that they would sort the drivers out. 7990 gonna be such a good card!

Ah it's nothing great I mean CF 7970 will still be better but at least it's an option for people to run CF that only have one PCI - E x16 lane.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Ah it's nothing great I mean CF 7970 will still be better but at least it's an option for people to run CF that only have one PCI - E x16 lane.

true, i myself have only one x16 lane : ( boohoo

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

i have edited the first post with a plethora of information on radeonpro's and its functions. i plainly explain each acronym and run things in spoilers and quotes for an easier reading experience. i hope that this provides a clear explanation and insight into this software, this thread was intended to help every user out there have a better computing and gaming experience.

if you want to also learn how to overclock/underclock your cards for a more stable platform (for the gpu itself, can't fix the rest of the computer... OR CAN I!?!?!?!?!?) please let me know through pm's. it is a complicated process, but hopefully i can explain it in terms that will help even general users to get a better performing system in the long run.

as always with these things (radeonpro, underclocking, etc) you do lose maximum framerates, but what every single person on earth will not tell you, is that minimum is what matters. it doens't matter if your card outputs at 300 fps, if it dips below a rate that you (the end user) considers "laggy". this "laggy" is failed frame delivery often times "screen tearing". this screen tearing is where a gpu literally goes "herp derp what just happened", and doesn't render a frame properly. things will look jagged and out of place. there are also "runt" frames (where a frame just doesn't render at all and it feels like you are warping). by improving frame rates, input lag on the gpu's end, and controlling the framerate in these degree's you will have a more consistent performing system, which brings the viability of crossfire systems into play.

another inherrent issue in sli/xfire is the fact that you are operating 2 seperate pcie lanes to deliver what YOU would consider the same image. dual gpu cards do not encounter this issue as heavily, because even though they operate on a xfire sli bridge, they are on the same card and communicate more quickly with fewer errors. 

that would be similar (in a real world experience) to reading lips with someone 5 feet away, to vocally expressing what you want. much better communication happens and both parties work well together. 

certain benchmarks will show this when comparing say 7970ghz xfire to a 7990. the input lag is less, stuttering less, and framerates nearly the same. it still at this moment in time cannot communicate as well as one card, but there is progress being made, and hopefully in the future we have more dual gpu cards out there, because that can only provide a better heterogeneous and paralleled experience to computing/gaming.

Very good read, thank you very much.
Here is a comparison between RadeonPro Dynamic V-Sync & Nvidia's Adaptive V-Sync by Tom's Hardware.

Nvidia Adaptive

RadeonPro

AMD really needs to hire the guy that wrote RadeonPro and take the software in-house.

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

looks good, I'll check it out as soon as I can. :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Excellent thread, thanks for sharing this info.

It has helped me.

Thanks for pointing the most important functions of radeonpro, Im too lazy to read the entire manual on the web, but eventually Im gonna have to read it, just need that little push to start using radeonpro and setting it properly.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

I personally will not use this software until it is certifyed and officaly sanctioned by AMD. That said with a single card I have had no issues with CCC.

I use RadeonPro mostly for: 

1. Dynamic V-Sync.

2. SMAA/FXAA integration.

3. SweetFX integration (support SweetFX 1.4).

4. Custom Ambient Occlusion(AO) profile for some older games.

5. Set proccesor affinity for each game.

6. Ability to record gameplay.

7. Different clock profile for each game.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I personally will not use this software until it is certifyed and officaly sanctioned by AMD. That said with a single card I have had no issues with CCC.

CCC itself isn't the problem, it has nothing to do with anything.

What the OP meant was that RadeonPro adds features that weren't readily available before on the vanilla control panel.

What the OP meant was that RadeonPro adds features that weren't readily available before on the vanilla control panel.

I understand but I like to keep things simple and otimized like all my games on Steam and all my settings in one control panle.

I understand but I like to keep things simple and otimized like all my games on Steam and all my settings in one control panle.

That's what i did, use RadeonPro and uninstalled CCC.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

don't know what to tell you. ccc isn't NEEDED at all. it provides a useless function for video cards as all other software out there performs more efficient functions. and it isn't needed for fx cpu's at all. everything can and should be limited to bios control when overclocking a processor.

Very good read, thank you very much.

Nvidia Adaptive

RadeonPro

thank you so much putting into original post. i forgot about the tomshardware reviews.

AMD really needs to hire the guy that wrote RadeonPro and take the software in-house.

they definitely do. 3rd party and modders refine stuff so much better than some of these corporations it isn't even funny. this is on a whole other level from optifine in minecraft.

Excellent thread, thanks for sharing this info.

It has helped me.

you are very welcome sire ^.^

Thanks for pointing the most important functions of radeonpro, Im too lazy to read the entire manual on the web, but eventually Im gonna have to read it, just need that little push to start using radeonpro and setting it properly.

thats what i wrote it for. but to be honest i'm dissapointed you are too lazy to read about 2,000 words.

looks good, I'll check it out as soon as I can. :D

you definitely should

I use RadeonPro mostly for: 

1. Dynamic V-Sync.

2. SMAA/FXAA integration.

3. SweetFX integration (support SweetFX 1.4).

4. Custom Ambient Occlusion(AO) profile for some older games.

5. Set proccesor affinity for each game.

6. Ability to record gameplay.

7. Different clock profile for each game.

msi afterburner on steroids amiright?

pretty much. because hey, since we have pc's why not improve on them in anyway possible, especially on the software level.

This is excellent!