GTX 760 @ $250. Bad release pricing?

MooseParade

It seems like the 760 you saw which could barely overclock was an exception rather than the norm. I looked though TechPowerUp's reviews and the average overclock they achived on their 6 different cards were 13% on the base clock and 21.5% on the memory.

Nvidia stock version

MSI TwinFrozr

Palit JetStream

Asus DirectCU II

Gigabyte WindForce OC

EVGA with ACX Cooler

LOL 13 percent...Is that even considered OCing?

If I was a consumer I would think paying up an extra 30$ to get a higher tier card would be a good deal.

And then you're sitting there regretting getting a 7xxx gen card when the new gen is just months away. May not be a solid argument but this is the case with many people. Plus, you're sacrificing a cool feature set for a slightly more expensive card that just has slightly more raw power.

And then you're sitting there regretting getting a 7xxx gen card when the new gen is just months away. May not be a solid argument but this is the case with many people. Plus, you're sacrificing a cool feature set for a slightly more expensive card that just has slightly more raw power.

Different opinions for different people I suppose.

Keep complaining, the 760 is $330 or more in Australia.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

LOL 13 percent...Is that even considered OCing?

Oh I made a small error. 5 out of 6 of those cards were factory overclocked, so compared to a stock card the overclock in percentage is quite a lot higher. Probably closer to 20%.

The 760 was never meant to go up against the higher-end cards like the 7950/7970. It's the successor to the 660 Ti. That's it. If you want a card that beats the 7950 then get a 770 or 780.

All this bickering about what card beats what that isn't even in the same tier is just silly.

No it isn't silly. The 7950 is an old ass card. It came out before the 660ti. By now, the 760 should EASILY be able to beat it regardless of whether it's one tier above. [and honestly it's not even really a tier above, it's in the same price range]

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

No it isn't silly. The 7950 is an old ass card. It came out before the 660ti. By now, the 760 should EASILY be able to beat it regardless of whether it's one tier above. [and honestly it's not even really a tier above, it's in the same price range]

You don't get what I'm saying. Enjoy w/e card you pick.

Horrible pricing because what moron would want another 660ti? when you could get a 7950 for $50 more half a year ago?

No offence morons I'm not buying a new gpu this year anyway :P I do that every 2 years or more

This gpu wont last past 1 year either lol

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

In Australia gtx 760 is $340 - $350
Buying a new gtx 660ti costs $30-$40 less ....

well, I actually find the pricing to be quite reasonable, the only thing I don't like  about  the 760 is the reduced cuda cores.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Linus doesn't have the setup to address AMD's poor frame pacing, pcper does: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-760-2GB-Review-GK104-250">http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-760-2GB-Review-GK104-250.  PCPer: 'What really makes the GeForce GTX 760 a stand out card before even looking at the benchmarks is the price: MSRP of $249.'

To be fair, AMD will maybe fix their frame pacing with new drivers...but I doubt they'll fully match nVidia.

The GTX 760 is price great. Now why everyone say that it is replacing the 660Ti is beyond me. Is nvidia not going to be releasing a 760Ti? And if so, why would that be? Now on the AMD side of things, I think its a very clever marketing move to try and compete with the 700 series launch.

Linus doesn't have the setup to address AMD's poor frame pacing, pcper does: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-760-2GB-Review-GK104-250">http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-760-2GB-Review-GK104-250.  PCPer: 'What really makes the GeForce GTX 760 a stand out card before even looking at the benchmarks is the price: MSRP of $249.'

To be fair, AMD will maybe fix their frame pacing with new drivers...but I doubt they'll fully match nVidia.

^ This.

/thread

Why does no one know about RadeonPro?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Why does no one know about RadeonPro?

Same could be said about Nvidia's Tesla cards or Quadro cards...

Because they're workstation cards?

Same could be said about Nvidia's Tesla cards or Quadro cards...

Because they're workstation cards?

RadeonPro isn't workstation, RadeonPro is a 3rd party program that fixes micro-stuttering and enables crossfire for non-crossfire enabled programs

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

RadeonPro isn't workstation, RadeonPro is a 3rd party program that fixes micro-stuttering and enables crossfire for non-crossfire enabled programs

My bad. I was confused with FirePro. Or w/e it's called.

My bad. I was confused with FirePro. Or w/e it's called.

No problem, the names are very similar.

To be honest if AMD wanted to beat the titan they could just get a failed FirePro card and make a Radeon Titan xD

The 760 was never meant to go up against the higher-end cards like the 7950/7970. It's the successor to the 660 Ti. That's it. If you want a card that beats the 7950 then get a 770 or 780.

All this bickering about what card beats what that isn't even in the same tier is just silly.

The prices are close enough for it to be the same tier.

Also, this being 1½ generations later would naturally make it a better card for the price, which it still isn't. 

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

No problem, the names are very similar.

To be honest if AMD wanted to beat the titan they could just get a failed FirePro card and make a Radeon Titan xD

Very true, seeing as how that's what Nvidia did. I think they're just gonna put their bet on their next gen cards instead of doing what nvidia did. And if they did, you'll get nvidia fanboys saying crap like "AMD is just copying nvdia!"

Like the whole Windows copies Apple, Apple copies Windows, Android copies iOS... etc.

The prices are close enough for it to be the same tier.

Also, this being 1½ generations later would naturally make it a better card for the price, which it still isn't. 

It's like you don't even get how new generations & tier-tier comparisons even work... AMD hasn't even released their new generation of cards yet. And we still don't know if there will even be a 760 Ti or not.

It's like you're comparing a PS4 to an Xbox 360.

It's like you don't even get how new generations & tier-tier comparisons even work... AMD hasn't even released their new generation of cards yet. And we still don't know if there will even be a 760 Ti or not.

But if the xbox 360 performed close to the ps4 and came with 4 games the I personally would get the xbox 360 xD (As long as it still gets games obviously)

Yeah... The thing i'm saying is that the xbox 360 beats the PS4, is almost the same price and is that 1½ generation older. And comes with free games. 

I'm just saying it's ridicoulous that even if you make comparison's that's completely unfair to AMD they still win.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.