AMD Budget future proof build, Would this work?

Hi guys !

I want to build a game desktop that can:
-be upgraded in the future 
-Play games on ultra and also as much as possible in the future

So i have chosen the components listed below and i would like to know if this set up wil work without bottlenecks

and some advice on the Case and PSU would be great !

1. Budget & Location

2. Aim
The system is going to be used for the standard stuf: Gaming, Music , Movies, Internet, Downloading ( No edditng involved )
3. Monitors
I own a Asus 27" TFT LED VS278Q and i might want a second screen in the future.
5. Why are you upgrading?
My old system is going to my little sister.  
5. peripherals 
Steel series Apex gaming keyboard,
Steel series frost blue gaming headset
Logitech gaming mouse

Components list

CPU: AMD FX-6300, 3,5 GHz (4,1 GHz Turbo Boost) AM3+ 102,90€ @ (Alternate.nl) 
CPU CoolerEnermax Liqmax 120S T.B Apollish 69,99€ @ (Alternate.nl) 
Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming AM3+  107,00€ @ (Alternate.nl) 
MemoryCrucial 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit (BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0C, Ballistix, XMP, LP) 139,90€ @ (Alternate.nl) 
Storage:Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe, 240 GB PCIe SSD(PCIe x8, MKNP44SC240GB-DX, MLC) 350€ @ (Alternate.nl)
Video CardSAPPHIRE R9 290 OC Vapor-X TRI-X 4 GB GDDR5 354,00€ @ (Alternate.nl) 
Power Supply: Advice would be nice!

Case: Advice would be nice!
Total: 1123,07

The reason that i want to buy the components from alternate.nl ( Dutch site )
is becaus of the warranty. When i import my components from another country, the manufacturer wont give warranty and most company`s

i spoke with ( asus, Club3d ect ect ) told me that they dont send repaird components to a different country.

Thank you

€1200 and you spend 350 of it on a 240gb SSD?

You need to get your priorities fixed. Drop that SSD to a normal SSD and get Intel, AM3+ is dead and terrible

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

AMD and future proof does not currently go together well.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

AMD and future-proof does not belong in the same sentence; not to mention future-proof is pretty dumb anyway.

If you had the money for watercooler for fx series; go Intel instead, you can get cheap B85 or H81 motherboards with a low/midend i5(4460 or 4590); and it would be better than fx-6300 even with overclock.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

u could go with a corsair spec 01 red as case and a corsair cx430m 80+ bronze certified psu

FX-6300 + R9-290 is pretty much a no-go. Settle for something realistic like a R9-285 or R9-270X.

Also, future-proof and AMD FX don't belong.

Not to be a giant dick to this forum, but being a dutchy you might also want to create a post on nl.hardware.info.

Thank you

I have to ask: Why do you want a AMD CPU? The AM3+ Socket is pretty outdated and not really "future proof" at this time. Using a i3 will give you similar performance in gaming(if that is your primary use) and will give you better upgradeability in the long run(to a i7 or Xeon, whatever you desire).

AM3 is dead, you don't need 16gb of RAM, you don't need the SSD, and a 212 evo would be fine for a cooler

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

refer to this build as a guide

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($25.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.24 @ Directron)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290X 4GB Video Card  ($269.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1014.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-22 05:03 EST-0500

this is miles better than the FX build

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

So manny comments in such a short periode :P

My knowledge is limited about intel, so please correct me when needed.

And if i switch to intel, what cpu/mobo should i use ?

So my idea was to use this system for max 2 years , caus of the 1200 euro`s i have max. Afther that i should be able to spend more and switch to intel.
If i buy intel now, i will have to cut down on the graphic card and pci ssd and In 2 years i will be forced to upgrade again right ?
AMD is not future proof, but the six core should manage for another 2 years. So AMD in combination with the PCI SSD and the Vapor vid card should make it easier to keep playing ultra and less expencive to switch to intel in 2 years since those 2 components can be used in the next system aswel.

Thank you for the fast replies ^_^

And he has 1200€, drop that SSD and get a 2nd 290x with a PSU with more power. And THAT'S future proof, bullet proof, girl proof, everything.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

So manny reactions in such a short periode :P

The reason i wanted AMD is becaus its cheap to discard in the future and works prett

You won't need to discard an i5 haswell any time soon, don't worry about that.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Don't really like his build tbh. Cheap case, cheap fan, overspecced PSU (yes i know, crossfire, but i dont like CF/SLI either).

like i said it a build reference guide

case do not affect the performance of the PC

that PSU is on sale so basically i just pick it coz why not? when it the same price as the 650W version

your CPU and GPU are the main factors

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

refer to this build as a guide

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.88 @ OutletPC)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($25.88 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($62.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.24 @ Directron)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290X 4GB Video Card  ($269.99 @ NCIX US)

Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1014.92

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-22 05:03 EST-0500

this is miles better than the FX build

As a dutch myself this build would work. I would change the GPU to a 970, basicly same price, less heat, less power consumption, same(ish) performance and less noice!

Amd and future proof is a NO GO, as mentioned before.

Also this SSD is good, its just what you prefere. I'd like to go with a Samsung, but thats just me... Also for an SSD get 250gb or more, I have a 120 gb, and its full in no time. This CPU cooler is fine aswell, as it cool my I7 4790k perfectly fine!

Just try it on alternate, and see what the price gets to.

Also that price is in $ so its not even close to 1200€

Main rig / To swap the 970 for a ref card?!

It does. It can dampen sound, provide better airflow and ease of installation.

Linus also rave about this case except the mounting bracket for the PCI-E

good value case

if you opt for other case of course you pay more

like i said it a build reference guide

case do not affect the performance of the PC

that PSU is on sale so basically i just pick it coz why not? when it the same price as the 650W version

your CPU and GPU are the main factors

Yeah the PSU is on sale in america lol.

Availability and options in the Netherlands are different though. Like in the states you don't really see Be Quiet! that much, because it's so expensive. But for us it's a very good option, being neighours to germany.

Linky;

http://nl.hardware.info/wensenlijst/producten/220716-115948-253576-248018-213379-220847-264106-217188

This is a good PC, but for 12 euro's more I would opt for a EVGA G2 750W instead of that PSU.

Linus also rave about this case except the mounting bracket for the PCI-E

good value case

if you opt for other case of course you pay more

At his budget you don't need to skimp on cooling and case. See my build in the link above.

This is a good PC, but for 12 euro's more I would opt for a EVGA G2 750W instead of that PSU.

Maybe, that PSU has a really good fan though. Silent Wings 3, 6fase motor, FDB bearing. Together with the Be quiet casefans and cpu fan, and a gpu which shuts off it's fans during idle and that's one silent machine :)

Need to look what's inside that EVGA unit though.

Maybe, that PSU has a really good fan though. Silent Wings 3, 6fase motor, FDB bearing. Together with the Be quiet casefans and cpu fan, and a gpu which shuts off it's fans during idle and that's one silent machine :)

Need to look what's inside that EVGA unit though.

EVGA G2 units have the best review on jonnyguru for 12 euro I would opt for making it SLI ready especially when you get a SLI board.

EVGA G2 units have the best review on jonnyguru for 12 euro I would opt for making it SLI ready especially when you get a SLI board.

meh;

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules/NDReviews/images/EVGAG2750/DSC_6567.jpg

Oh well, atleast it's not sleeve.

EDIT: oh, it stops the fan in idle mode. Nevermind! :)

meh;

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules/NDReviews/images/EVGAG2750/DSC_6567.jpg

Oh well, atleast it's not sleeve.

EDIT: oh, it stops the fan in idle mode. Nevermind! :)

Can't open that link but well: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=380

Edit: versus the Straight power 10 (yeah this is 800W, still) http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=399