Please Help. Dream PC has become my personal hell

GJWPC

Hello, i recently got together the money for my "DREAM COMPUTER" but it has sadly been a horrifying experience, I am getting a laundry list of problems when trying to specific games to the maximum settings.

1. Screen Tearing both in game and on cut scene cinematic's "Vsync makes it worse not better"

2. The sound from my Gpu is Distorted / Crackling on both the DVI - HDMI adaptor and my Display port - HDMI adaptor.

2. lower then expected frame rates

3. computer Crashing

4. resolution not displaying nicely on my monitor "looks to big"

5. Sometimes after crashing my Rampage V will say over clocking fail and make me reset the bios settings, even tho its not been over-clocked... its set to Ezmode Default.....

I got all my parts from PC Case gear and had the computer built by U-mart who were hesitant to even build the computer for me because i did not buy the parts trough them, anyway they somehow broke my first PSU corsair 1200i so i have sent that off for a refund and had to find another $400+ for my already over budget pc build, as if trying to find someone to build the pc for me wasn't enough Drama on its own.

OK so without any more Delay here are my system Specs i really hope that someone here can help me, i always watch linustech its the best place for good solid Information.

Ps. i am using a mini display port to HDMI adaptor that came with my XFX R9 295x2, Monitor is a Sony Smart tv i think 50hz refresh according to there webpage. 

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/21/2015, 21:42:33
Machine name: OVERPOWERED
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r5.141029-1500)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: All Series
BIOS: 0603
Processor: Intel® Core i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16286MB RAM
Page File: 3701MB used, 28968MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series "XFX R9 295x2"
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67B9)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67B9&SUBSYS_0B2A1002&REV_00
Display Memory: 11967 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8127 MB
Shared Memory: 3840 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SONY TV " i did some looking around online i think its refresh rate is 50hz"
Monitor Id: SNY4803
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI, 
Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1333 (English)
Driver Version: 14.501.1003.0
DDI Version: 11.1
Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: DMA
Miracast: Not Supported
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
Power P-states: Not Supported
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/21/2014 13:44:20, 1348928 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: 
D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
DXVA-HD: Not Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

Added my DXDiag.txt for anyone wanting a closer look.

DxDiag.txt

DxDiag.txt

Your GPU probably has some problem, RMA it

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Sounds like you got a dud of a GPU man.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

RMA dat gpu.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Yeah i though that might be the case lol FML

Wait, you actually let some one build all those expensive stuffs for you and screw it????

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

I had a problem similar to this once. It could either be the GPU, like people are saying, the ram, or something as simple as settings and drivers. First you'll wan't to go into the bios and make sure everything is running to spec. make sure the ram is running at the necessary frequency and voltage, also check cas latency if you can. Next, make sure that your PCI express lane used by your graphics card is running at the correct speed. Sometimes auto detect doesn't do it right, and when you have two GPUs on one card you will probably need the full PCI express 3.0 X16 bandwidth. Also check your drivers. Crashes and improper overscan correction can be caused by bad drivers. Start with your motherboard drivers form the online website (chipset drivers, then lan drivers, then sata, then at your discretion) and then move on to your graphics card (clean install) and then on to your peripherals. If overscan isn't fixed, go into the catalyst drivers and look for the overscan correction settings. Toy around with them until it looks good. If you want to get your full pixels' worth, go into your TV's settings and look for an option to turn overscan off. The setting may also be called zoom. If the problems persists, I'd recommend checking everything else before the GPU since it uses an AIO Water cooler, which is a pain to remove from the case. First I'd check all of your onboard connectors. make sure they are in the right place and snuggly attached. Then remove all of your ram and test each slot by taking a single ram stick and placing it in a slot, turning on the motherboard, seeing if the problem persists, and moving down the line. when all of the slots check out, do something similar, but this time you'll be checking the RAM. Place a single dim in  ram slot and then check to make sure it works. If it does, fill the next slot that will not create dual channel ram (all of the unpaired lanes only. usually, paired lanes are every other lane, so the ones that are a different color) and when all of the single channel ram slots are filled, fill all of the rest. If your problems still persist, then you may need to RMA your graphics card. Sorry bro.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Damn dude why didn't you just build it yourself. Did they pay for the PSU that they broke?

Nop i had to get a new one from them costing me $400+ ontop of the parts i already had but the faulty one should be refunded soon, i did not build the pc myself becuse i have never once built a pc and wouldn't know how to put it all together let alone test the parts and set all the settings so it's optimal performance. 

I had a problem similar to this once. It could either be the GPU, like people are saying, the ram, or something as simple as settings and drivers. First you'll wan't to go into the bios and make sure everything is running to spec. make sure the ram is running at the necessary frequency and voltage, also check cas latency if you can. Next, make sure that your PCI express lane used by your graphics card is running at the correct speed. Sometimes auto detect doesn't do it right, and when you have two GPUs on one card you will probably need the full PCI express 3.0 X16 bandwidth. Also check your drivers. Crashes and improper overscan correction can be caused by bad drivers. Start with your motherboard drivers form the online website (chipset drivers, then lan drivers, then sata, then at your discretion) and then move on to your graphics card (clean install) and then on to your peripherals. If overscan isn't fixed, go into the catalyst drivers and look for the overscan correction settings. Toy around with them until it looks good. If you want to get your full pixels' worth, go into your TV's settings and look for an option to turn overscan off. The setting may also be called zoom. If the problems persists, I'd recommend checking everything else before the GPU since it uses an AIO Water cooler, which is a pain to remove from the case. First I'd check all of your onboard connectors. make sure they are in the right place and snuggly attached. Then remove all of your ram and test each slot by taking a single ram stick and placing it in a slot, turning on the motherboard, seeing if the problem persists, and moving down the line. when all of the slots check out, do something similar, but this time you'll be checking the RAM. Place a single dim in  ram slot and then check to make sure it works. If it does, fill the next slot that will not create dual channel ram (all of the unpaired lanes only. usually, paired lanes are every other lane, so the ones that are a different color) and when all of the single channel ram slots are filled, fill all of the rest. If your problems still persist, then you may need to RMA your graphics card. Sorry bro.

Its really Strange because its only in some instances like take for instance when i play FFXIV ARR or GuildWars 2 i get basicaly Flawless gaming apart from some FPS issus in heavly load areas on FFXIV, but when it comes to assasins creed games or saints row im getting Choppy as hell screen tearing and in cutsceans the FPS drop down to 23fps, in Assasins creed Freeddom cry i crash when trying to change settings and it lags at highest setting also it is tearing like all hell.

playing Tomb raider on the highest possible settings i get a amazing picture no tearing but only around 35-50 fps, i expect more from the r9 295x2, are my expectations to high ?

ill try some of the suggestions you proposed although at the risk of a bit silly the idea of me messing around with things i dont really understand scares me wich is why i did not build the pc.. i guess it was to much to expect an expert to build it correctly /sigh.

Next time, please learn how to build them by yourself.

"Identify the problem before applying a solution." -USAFRet

Nop i had to get a new one from them costing me $400+ ontop of the parts i already had but the faulty one should be refunded soon, i did not build the pc myself becuse i have never once built a pc and wouldn't know how to put it all together let alone test the parts and set all the settings so it's optimal performance. 

You can't build a computer but you understand that system info? You probably couldn't screw it up as much as the people you had build it for you.

Hello, i recently got together the money for my "DREAM COMPUTER" but it has sadly been a horrifying experience, I am getting a laundry list of problems when trying to specific games to the maximum settings.

1. Screen Tearing both in game and on cut scene cinematic's "Vsync makes it worse not better"

2. The sound from my Gpu is Distorted / Crackling on both the DVI - HDMI adaptor and my Display port - HDMI adaptor.

2. lower then expected frame rates

3. computer Crashing

4. resolution not displaying nicely on my monitor "looks to big"

5. Sometimes after crashing my Rampage V will say over clocking fail and make me reset the bios settings, even tho its not been over-clocked... its set to Ezmode Default.....

-snip-

1. If your TV is 50 Hz and Vsync is setting it to 60 Hz you will get screen tearing (though I don't think it is the same issue more on that later). Also as a fellow TV user be prepared for me to start ranting about settings to find in the TV to fix most of these issues (nothing personal, just a lot of personal fun from when I was fixing the issues). I've been missing with HTPC builds since I had a TV tuner and a GT 8400. 

First thing you want to do is set the resolution to that of the native screen resolution of the TV. If you can look up your TV model because certain TVs say supports 1080p yet have 1366 x 768 panels and just downscale the signal. Right click on desktop and select resolution to set Windows as the TV's native panel resolution. Now most content on TVs isn't native 1080p yet it fills the screen. That is because of pixel interpolation or stretching the image. My TV has something called view mode. It is found on the remote but your mileage my vary. It may also be located in your TV's menu. Usually it has options called dot by dot, wide, s wide, s stretch, stretch, zoom, s zoom, wide zoom. It does stuff like this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFzo4LLMn1Q

Go ahead and set it to dot by dot, native, or off. You'll also want to find an aspect ratio option and set it to 16:9, it should be in the same menu subsystem. When done correctly your image may be smaller than the screen. I doubt Catalyst control was configured before me typing so if you did configure and it is correctly taking up the screen then good, if you didn't configure and it is taking up the screen then look for distortion, if distortion = yes then recheck resolution, aspect ratio, or pixel interpolation, if distortion = no then good, if the screen is smaller than the edges of the TV and doesn't seem to have distortion then good!

Next you'll want to go into Catalyst Control Center and find something similar to "My flat panel display options" or click around in the menu til you find a tab with a bar with overscanning and underscanning. If you picture is smaller than the edges of the screen then you'll want to adjust that bar until the edges cleanly match the corner of the TV. 

The fun doesn't stop though! TVs usually have a feature for frame interpolation! Which is the TV making fake frames to simulate higher FPS. It adds a stupid amount of latency and often visual artifacting when used on dynamic content. It often exponentially increases any frame tearing or shimmering you see in a picture. The settings is usually only good for static content like film. For Sony the name of the option should be MotionFlow. You'll want to find it in the menus and turn it off. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_interpolation#HDTV_implementations

Lastly if you TV has presets for the panel such as Dynamic, Dynamic fixed, sports, movies, computer, games, user, etc. You'll want to set this to computer or games. Yes, the picture will look slightly ugly compared to the settings you've configured under user but it also disables much of the post processing of the image. Which helps reduce latency and also shimmering I've found. By this point your TV should probably be usable. I would experiment if screen tearing is still occurring with Vsync on. 

2. Possibly related to another user's sound issue. I don't have a fix for it yet.

3. GPUs may not be working in Crossfire or you have a frame rate killer setting on max. Such certain implementations of AA. 

4. Crashes could be driver related. Noticed some people having trouble with Omega. 

5. See 1.

6. My Asus Z87 Hero did that on stock clocks too. Clear the CMOS and then grab the newest BIOS from the Asus website. 

1. If your TV is 50 Hz and Vsync is setting it to 60 Hz you will get screen tearing (though I don't think it is the same issue more on that later). Also as a fellow TV user be prepared for me to start ranting about settings to find in the TV to fix most of these issues (nothing personal, just a lot of personal fun from when I was fixing the issues). I've been missing with HTPC builds since I had a TV tuner and a GT 8400. 

First thing you want to do is set the resolution to that of the native screen resolution of the TV. If you can look up your TV model because certain TVs say supports 1080p yet have 1366 x 768 panels and just downscale the signal. Right click on desktop and select resolution to set Windows as the TV's native panel resolution. Now most content on TVs isn't native 1080p yet it fills the screen. That is because of pixel interpolation or stretching the image. My TV has something called view mode. It is found on the remote but your mileage my vary. It may also be located in your TV's menu. Usually it has options called dot by dot, wide, s wide, s stretch, stretch, zoom, s zoom, wide zoom. It does stuff like this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFzo4LLMn1Q

Go ahead and set it to dot by dot, native, or off. You'll also want to find an aspect ratio option and set it to 16:9, it should be in the same menu subsystem. When done correctly your image may be smaller than the screen. I doubt Catalyst control was configured before me typing so if you did configure and it is correctly taking up the screen then good, if you didn't configure and it is taking up the screen then look for distortion, if distortion = yes then recheck resolution, aspect ratio, or pixel interpolation, if distortion = no then good, if the screen is smaller than the edges of the TV and doesn't seem to have distortion then good!

Next you'll want to go into Catalyst Control Center and find something similar to "My flat panel display options" or click around in the menu til you find a tab with a bar with overscanning and underscanning. If you picture is smaller than the edges of the screen then you'll want to adjust that bar until the edges cleanly match the corner of the TV. 

The fun doesn't stop though! TVs usually have a feature for frame interpolation! Which is the TV making fake frames to simulate higher FPS. It adds a stupid amount of latency and often visual artifacting when used on dynamic content. It often exponentially increases any frame tearing or shimmering you see in a picture. The settings is usually only good for static content like film. For Sony the name of the option should be MotionFlow. You'll want to find it in the menus and turn it off. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_interpolation#HDTV_implementations

Lastly if you TV has presets for the panel such as Dynamic, Dynamic fixed, sports, movies, computer, games, user, etc. You'll want to set this to computer or games. Yes, the picture will look slightly ugly compared to the settings you've configured under user but it also disables much of the post processing of the image. Which helps reduce latency and also shimmering I've found. By this point your TV should probably be usable. I would experiment if screen tearing is still occurring with Vsync on. 

2. Possibly related to another user's sound issue. I don't have a fix for it yet.

3. GPUs may not be working in Crossfire or you have a frame rate killer setting on max. Such certain implementations of AA. 

4. Crashes could be driver related. Noticed some people having trouble with Omega. 

5. See 1.

6. My Asus Z87 Hero did that on stock clocks too. Clear the CMOS and then grab the newest BIOS from the Asus website. 

thank you ill try all of that, allso going to run some benchmarks and post here so people can tell me what it all means lol. 

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0

FPS:

Score:

Min FPS:

Max FPS:

System

Platform:

Windows 8 (build 9200) 64bit

CPU model:

Intel® Core i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3497MHz) x6

GPU model:

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 14.501.1003.0 (4095MB) x2