Please Help. Dream PC has become my personal hell

GJWPC

that sounds like a GPU overheating issue

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

that sounds like a GPU overheating issue

never seen it go over 55c, i do have a PSU Corsair 1200i setup with corsaid link i wonder if it is crashing the pc, the r9 295x2 can pull 500w so maybe its getting confused honestly i got no idea i think ill bring it back into Umart and have them look everything over and set it up correctly this time is the GPU is faulty im sure they can tell me and ill RMA the thing.

Why oh why wouldn't you just build it yourself its sooo easy. Theres tons of guides on youtube and you got the forum to answer all your questions.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

never seen it go over 55c, i do have a PSU Corsair 1200i setup with corsaid link i wonder if it is crashing the pc, the r9 295x2 can pull 500w so maybe its getting confused honestly i got no idea i think ill bring it back into Umart and have them look everything over and set it up correctly this time is the GPU is faulty im sure they can tell me and ill RMA the thing.

yea that is pretty weird for the 295x2 to do that

you might be the unlucky one to get a faulty GPU

dual GPU cards seem to have a higher chance of failure

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I'm no expert on dual GPU's, but could it be that possibly the reason why some games work and others don't is just the graphics card using the less-faulty GPU chip for some and the faulty for others? I'm assuming dual graphics cards work like Crossfire with better scaling, does anyone else know if that is even possible?

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

You should have bought two GTX 980s instead and SLI them.

No he shouldn't have.

As others have said it sounds like a problem with your GPU. RMA it.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

I'm no expert on dual GPU's, but could it be that possibly the reason why some games work and others don't is just the graphics card using the less-faulty GPU chip for some and the faulty for others? I'm assuming dual graphics cards work like Crossfire with better scaling, does anyone else know if that is even possible?

dual GPU has internal lanes to communicate between the GPUs so in a way it already enabled SLi or CF unless the games do not support SLi or CF

then only one gpu will be working

his issue is the GPU run fine at first

then the performance drops drops and drops like a plane crashing

Dual GPU's Is like 2 drives in raid 0, more chance of failure

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Score:

So the score of 4136 is closer to that of a single R9 290x. Since the R9 295x2 has each gpu core slightly overclocked it should be slightly higher than the R9 290x. Bit-Tech's R9 295x2 got 5528 and their R9 290x got 3914.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/04/08/amd-radeon-r9-295x2-review/8

Before you RMA the GPU there is a couple of things we should probably rule out first. The first is that crossfire is enabled / faulty driver install. The second is if there is a faulty component before the the gpu. So I would re install the AMD drivers then check the option in catalyst control center for crossfire being enabled. If nothing changes I would run a cpu benchmark and compare results against tech website's benchmarks of the same cpu. If those benchmarks are similar and crossfire is enabled and the problem persists then we're probably looking at a dud card. I would contact whoever the brand is for troubleshooting / RMA. 

Also here is Sony's guide for the stretch feature (dot by dot).

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42879/~/the-picture-on-the-tv-screen-appears-stretched-or-squeezed.  

So the score of 4136 is closer to that of a single R9 290x. Since the R9 295x2 has each gpu core slightly overclocked it should be slightly higher than the R9 290x. Bit-Tech's R9 295x2 got 5528 and their R9 290x got 3914.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/04/08/amd-radeon-r9-295x2-review/8

Before you RMA the GPU there is a couple of things we should probably rule out first. The first is that crossfire is enabled / faulty driver install. The second is if there is a faulty component before the the gpu. So I would re install the AMD drivers then check the option in catalyst control center for crossfire being enabled. If nothing changes I would run a cpu benchmark and compare results against tech website's benchmarks of the same cpu. If those benchmarks are similar and crossfire is enabled and the problem persists then we're probably looking at a dud card. I would contact whoever the brand is for troubleshooting / RMA. 

Also here is Sony's guide for the stretch feature (dot by dot).

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42879/~/the-picture-on-the-tv-screen-appears-stretched-or-squeezed.  

It could also be that One of the R9 290X cores is a dud while the other is working, and so crossfire is not enabling on its own. I've set up crossfire before, and when I did I noticed that after a couple restarts the software recognized it automatically. Perhaps it is not enabling for him because something is interfering with the crossfire connection strength and the software is not having it with the reduced connection quality.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

It could also be that One of the R9 290X cores is a dud while the other is working, and so crossfire is not enabling on its own. I've set up crossfire before, and when I did I noticed that after a couple restarts the software recognized it automatically. Perhaps it is not enabling for him because something is interfering with the crossfire connection strength and the software is not having it with the reduced connection quality.

I included that in the second to last sentence of that middle paragraph. Hoping to rule out everything else before they have to RMA the GPU since the 5830k has no Intel graphics to fall back on during the RMA process. Doesn't help we have no idea what U-mart did and the fact they already broke one PSU. Speaking of which the R9 295x2 has some funky requirement that each 8 pin has to be on separate rails or something doesn't it? 

Yea it needs 2 rails 24amps each, I have tryed the benches both with crossfire enabled and disabled I get the same results

Your GPU probably has some problem, RMA it

i agree

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Yea it needs 2 rails 24amps each, I have tryed the benches both with crossfire enabled and disabled I get the same results

Ok, I would try re installing your driver.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

If nothing changes, then I'd compare cpu benchmarks to make sure it isn't pre GPU. Though at this point it is pointing towards a faulty card. As a fellow dual gpu owner (GTX 690) if you can get a refund I'd pick up 2 R9 290Xs or 2 GTX 980s instead. There is just a lot more options open for those cards. Like bigger better selection of water blocks for custom loops. Usually better overclocking since more cooling surface per gpu. Also easier troubleshooting because you can just pull a card if it breaks.

Ok, I would try re installing your driver.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

If nothing changes, then I'd compare cpu benchmarks to make sure it isn't pre GPU. Though at this point it is pointing towards a faulty card. As a fellow dual gpu owner (GTX 690) if you can get a refund I'd pick up 2 R9 290Xs or 2 GTX 980s instead. There is just a lot more options open for those cards. Like bigger better selection of water blocks for custom loops. Usually better overclocking since more cooling surface per gpu. Also easier troubleshooting because you can just pull a card if it breaks.

K ill try the fresh driver is that dosent work ill try my hardest to get a refund and replace it with a GTX980 i dont know if i can afford 2 right now tho.

ok well i have made it all pritty stable im really confused about this cards power consumption tho, the guy at u-mart was telling me that the 2 8bit rails with 24amps is a system minimum and not a requirement, mine is hooked into a single 12V rail from the psu corsair 1200i and the guy says this is fine becuse it has enough to power it i dont really understand but he kinda sounds like his full of shit.   

the Corsair only has one rail he said im like .... WTF 

ok well i have made it all pritty stable im really confused about this cards power consumption tho, the guy at u-mart was telling me that the 2 8bit rails with 24amps is a system minimum and not a requirement, mine is hooked into a single 12V rail from the psu corsair 1200i and the guy says this is fine becuse it has enough to power it i dont really understand but he kinda sounds like his full of shit.   

I had double checked into that, the psu should have enough. It is 28 amps per rail or 50 amps total on one rail it seems.

http://www.amd.com/Documents/Selecting-a-System-Power-Supply-for-the-AMD-Radeon-R9-295X2-Graphics-Card.pdf