Gamer Dies After 3-Day Binge At Internet Cafe In Taiwan

hijynx

even if he is responsible for his actions i dont see how that would in anyway make introducing a system to stop things like this from happening a bad thing.

If it turns out he is capable of controlling himself, then it is the responsibilities of others to to look out for the welfare of other individuals and its still not the responsibility of the individual to look out for their own welfare? This isn't like drinking oneself to death at a bar as in this scenario provided by you he is in his right mind with no impairments to their judgements. This scenario also leads to forcing others to interfere with the rights and freedoms of a capable individual. Now I am not saying that there couldn't be or shouldn't be things in place that could help prevent this, but the duty of care for a capable individual should lie with the individual, the business in question would have at the very most a minor role to play

And as for deciding what to do with people who cant look after themselves, its not that difficult, its society's responsibility to provide care for them.

So you wish to force care upon people who do not wish it? Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree, but at what point do we in society determine who's rights and freedoms should be violated to force this care on individuals?

If it turns out he is capable of controlling himself, then it is the responsibilities of others to to look out for the welfare of other individuals and its still not the responsibility of the individual to look out for their own welfare? This isn't like drinking oneself to death at a bar as in this scenario provided by you he is in his right mind with no impairments to their judgements. This scenario also leads to forcing others to interfere with the rights and freedoms of a capable individual. Now I am not saying that there couldn't be or shouldn't be things in place that could help prevent this, but the duty of care for a capable individual should lie with the individual, the business in question would have at the very most a minor role to play

So you wish to force care upon people who do not wish it? Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree, but at what point do we in society determine who's rights and freedoms should be violated to force this care on individuals?

We know for a fact that after 8 hours the chances of deep vein thrombosis is significantly increased, we also know that not moving or sleeping for more than 24 hours is borderline fatal for many people.  Turning of the net after a certain time frame is not unreasonable as most patrons of internet cafes aren't even on for that long so it would only interfere with those who genuinely need help.   It's neither a major thing nor to implement nor does it have a cost and would not interfere with those who have the ability to look after themselves.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-long-can-humans-stay/

Humans can stay awake for a pretty long time apparently. And I'm sure he went to the bathroom couple of in 24 hours so it's not like he didn't move at all. But yes thrombosis chances rise high. But still I think this person was predispositioned for this to happen. Get hundred people to do this and only one may die. (just a guess).

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-long-can-humans-stay/

Humans can stay awake for a pretty long time apparently. And I'm sure he went to the bathroom couple of in 24 hours so it's not like he didn't move at all. But yes thrombosis chances rise high. But still I think this person was predispositioned for this to happen. Get hundred people to do this and only one may die. (just a guess).

It's not the lack of sleep per se, it's the idleness and exhaustion that lead to the point of being cognitively dysfunctional and blood clots.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

We know for a fact that after 8 hours the chances of deep vein thrombosis is significantly increased, we also know that not moving or sleeping for more than 24 hours is borderline fatal for many people.  Turning of the net after a certain time frame is not unreasonable as most patrons of internet cafes aren't even on for that long so it would only interfere with those who genuinely need help.   It's neither a major thing nor to implement nor does it have a cost and would not interfere with those who have the ability to look after themselves.

Wut?? I stayed up more than 24 hours loads of times.

(not gaming though but still)

Wut?? I stayed up more than 24 hours loads of times.

(not gaming though but still)

many people have stayed awake for longer, As I said, it's the cognitive dysfunction and idleness that is the issue,  If you stay awake for 10 days but remain active you won't develop blood clots, however in all likelihood you will start to make mistakes.

Yes, these are the things that businesses can do to prevent events such as this.

Lol then moms and shit are gonna say gaming and computers is bad for you.

If you're addicted and play for 3 days straight they might be.