Business grade Ultrabook

neystro

Hi guys, 

I'm currently looking for a new laptop, I'm looking to spend between 1k to 2k$ in Canada.

I was looking at the lenovo T440s (and the new T450s) but I want to know if there is other good altenative that I should consider. This is what I'm looking for in a ultrabook:

Important:

13 to 15 inch

Mostly light weight.

1080 or more screen, Mate finish, IPS prefer, without touch

Good quality keyboard

At least 8gb of ram

256gb ssd

8-9 hours battery or more

Next gen of intel cpu.

Optional:

Intel Wifi (for better compatibility with Linux)

Easy to upgrade (ram, ssd)

Build to last.

Thank you in advance.

Asus UX303LA and UX303LN

Edit: Not sure about battery life

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-13-9343-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC

This one.

Asus UX303LA and UX303LN

Edit: Not sure about battery life

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

linovo y50

Gigabyte aorus X3

Msi GT60

ultrabook means nothing to you huh

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

linovo y50

Gigabyte aorus X3

Msi GT60

I currently own a y580, I'm tired of carring a brick! I want something slim and light. I wont do any gaming on it, only programming and web surfing. 

Uhh.... Do you like macbooks and MacOS? If yes, they are great ultrabooks with great battery life. They are a bit pricey, but i believe they worth it. 

I currently own a y580, I'm tired of carring a brick! I want something slim and light. I wont do any gaming on it, only programming and web surfing. 

then go with the gigabyte aorus X3 

i weighs 3.9 Lbs

http://www.amazon.com/Aorus-X3-Plus-CF1-i7-4860HQ-Gaming/dp/B00NC1ZOGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421759722&sr=8-1&keywords=Gigabyte+aorus+X3&pebp=1421759726699&peasin=B00NC1ZOGE#productDetails

Spoiler

looking at review: the battery life is not enough for my use I need a least 7h30 (this is the very minimum) , and there a lot of negative comment about the keyboard (having some flex). But thanks for you help, really appreciated!

Uhh.... Do you like macbooks and MacOS? If yes, they are great ultrabooks with great battery life. They are a bit pricey, but i believe they worth it. 

I will have to install linux on it. I would prefer something else that a macboooks but I also need to consider them! Thanks!

I will have to install linux on it. I would prefer something else that a macboooks but I also need to consider them! Thanks!

I highly suggest you wait for reviews of that New Dell XPS 13. Dell promised 15 hours of battery life and reviewers said it has a nice touchpad and keyboard.

One review is out already

http://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-reviews/dell-xps-13-2015-review/

Spoiler

It's kind of predictable, but T series Thinkpads are probably your best bet.

I'm personally very partial to Fujitsu Lifebooks, but they're best when it comes to normal form factor laptops. Their ultrabooks aren't so great. Something like the S904 is pricey if you can even find it with an SSD and with the matte non-touch screen.

At the moment, I really like the Dell xps 13 (That bezel). Isn't there any other brands that have similar product? HP Samsung Sony?

Since the MacOS is Unix based, i don't believe you'll have any problems with the instalation. I personally don't really like/care about Apple products, but macbooks are freaking amazing. ;)

Great battery life, great screen, exellent build quality and nice hardware. I really believe that you can't go wrong with macbooks.  The only disadvantage is the stupidly expensive apple accessories.

MacOS is linux based

Great battery life, great screen

The screens are horribly, atrociously glossy.

And it's not Linux based. It's Unix and Linux is Unix-like. The difference is that the software is not free as in 'freedom'.

Since the MacOS is Unix based, i don't believe you'll have any problems with the instalation. I personally don't really like/care about Apple products, but macbooks are freaking amazing. ;)

Great battery life, great screen, exellent build quality and nice hardware. I really believe that you can't go wrong with macbooks.  The only disadvantage is the stupidly expensive apple accessories.

The problem with installing Linux on a mac product is that the bios and bootloader are locked. There are way to unlock them but I think it's voiding your warranty (not sure about that) it's not voiding your warranty. I will still consider them when I'll make my final purchase.

The screens are horribly, atrociously glossy.

And it's not Linux based. It's Unix and Linux is Unix-like. The difference is that the software is not free as in 'freedom'.

Yeah, i know. I didn't mean to write linux in the first place. (wasn't fast on editing the comment haha :P )

What i didn't know is that you will void the warranty if you try to unlock them. 

Dell xps 13. It has everything you want and more.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.