Where would a bullet do more damage?

TheMidnightNarwhal

In real life? The chest. 

Chest, because vital organs (lungs, heart and such)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The chest in general, although if you get very lucky it could pass through without damaging vital organs. In the stomach you're pretty much guaranteed to take organ damage.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

chest is a quicker death, stomach is slow agonizing death as your stomach acids leech out and eat your insides. If no help is coming they're equally fatal, but if help is coming, there is a point in time where a gut wound is saveable while a chest wound is not.

Plus it's not like one chest shot is equal to another. Heart is obviously fatal, but there are even areas on the chest that miss vital organs. Same with gut shots. There's still a chance of missing the stomach/intestines.

With regards to CS:GO damage, that's entirely unrealistic. Bullets don't work that way and humans don't have hit points.

Depends... Chest has a higher chance of killing you quicker (Heart, lungs, etc)

Whilst stomach would probably be slower (and more painful), due to internal bleeding, and almost guaranteed organ damage.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Does a bullet do more damage in the stomach or the chest? Comparing this tot he CS:GO damage chart ha ha...

IRL

definitely the chest, more vital organs to hit, also, if it smashes your ribs to pieces, you probably wont be sitting up anytime

being shot in the stomach, it is very fleshy, and would not necessarily immediately take somebody out, they could probably still get up and attack back

ALSO, most soldiers wear plate carriers with SAPI plates, not full body armour, and the top of the chest is less protected than the stomach, so you are most likely to penetrate at higher angles, also the recoil could result in a neck or head shot on subsequent follow up shots - people are taught to aim for the chest, not the stomach

comparison.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

i hear there is a major artery in the leg. 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

in the balls in real life xD i mean the guy would lose his balls and suffer for the rest of his life xDDD

note: if you get shot by a .50 BMG, just forget where it hit, you'll be blown to pieces if that hits you no matter where.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

I could just think of this. 

JgixN5w.jpg

By this logic, the head. :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

In real life it depends, if you are wearing a vest and are shot with a bullet that penetrates the armor it's velocity slows and causes a lot less damage. Without armor, the most damage is done around the stomach, hitting the liver or kidneys are often a guarenteed death. Hitting the heart also can cause this but that is just one vital organ to hit. Your lower abdominal area has many that can cause death including your stomach, a hole through your stomach and intestines can cause acid spill from your stomach burning the inside of your body and causing acid burns and permanent damage. The best place to put a bullet is center mass, if you miss the dead center you have a huge chance to hit many vital organs.

there's actually some president ((not of the US) and i've forgotten his name) but he got shot in the stomach and the acid leaked out and killed him a slowly and painfully :/ a chest shot would kill you quickly and it's also a larger target - best place to shoot someone if you need to do it quickly IRL

By this logic, the head. :P

Aiming for the head is never a good idea unless it's all you can see, you should always aim for center mass or the legs/ arms to incapacitate someone if you plan to capture them (which can also cause death so shooting a potential captive is generally a bad practice).

Did I make it in before the caliber debate?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro