How intelligent are you in general? (Be honest!)

Go to solution Solved by kpreg,

Meh, I'm smart and all but not the smartest of my grade. People perceive me as a genius becuase I can build and understand computers. One time i told someone my specs and they thought I was talking in another luanguage, quite literally.

I use to think I was really intelligent, until I got to college, where Calc 1 beat my shit in.

Now I think I'm stupid with a good sense of humor and a lot of wit.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

My friends and family always tell me that I'm a genius, but I never really cared about "being more intelligent than others".

I refuse to take an IQ test because I believe them to be an arbitrary way of measuring ones' "collective intelligence".

The only thing that I like to use my intelligence for is the betterment of other peoples' lives (or at least I try to make a valiant effort to do so).

So I guess I don't really know how intelligent I truly am; but then again, do any of us really know?

Take that for what you will.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

I'm not the smartest, but Im not dumb either. I'm in the best school in my county, and do well in it. I'm retarded at some subjects though, as I on,y really focus on computing (wonder why

This feels much like asking: How much do you earn?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

This feels much like asking: How much do you earn?

The amount you make is easy to determine. IQ is not. A lot of people in this thread are also full of themselves. 

The amount you make is easy to determine. IQ is not. A lot of people in this thread are also full of themselves. 

If a thread were made for that question then the same would be true there.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

People find me really f*cking dumb.

But when I talk about my work (IT and stuff) there all like :o

So whats your job again?

You are a Carpenter you said well sh*t, get yourself a beer and get the f out.

IQ = IDGAF

Hmm good question, I maxed out on the military draft IQ test (9/9 categories) and thus was able to serve in any branch I wanted, but other than that I have only taken unofficial/ non-standardized IQ tests (four or five of them) which ranged in score between 136 and 142. So I guess in that ballpark.

The military test couldn't be translated into normal IQ points, that's what they told me at least. Though it seemed fairly standard.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If a thread were made for that question then the same would be true there.

Well yea, but liars are always going to lie. 

Well yea, but liars are always going to lie. 

yfX2KDp.png

-bump lel-

I could have been smart but I have done some things in my life that I now regret and have damaged my brain. I used to be really smart, since I had a rough start to my life but I was able to become "advanced" in my school only after a few years of "special learning"(yeah, not the good kind of special learning). One of the dumb things that I did was that I electrocuted myself and that really did damage to me(lost a whole bunch of memory which I unfortunately gained back), but I have done other things that I'm not really proud of. I'm not as creative as I used to be and my memory is terrible, but I am pretty good with problem solving and other things(its moments like this when my brain just turns off). I'm not going to take an IQ test(don't want extra sadness), but I just hate tests in general(I got a 15 on my ACT since I slept though most of it lol).

are-you-wizard.jpg

You can interpret that the way you want.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

I'm so smart I'll make everyone else look no sharper than a cue ball. B)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

tbh I don't know and don't really care, but one thing that I don't like is how a lot of people say that im a smart guy in school,because I have really good grades(atm best from class). The whole grade system sucks imo and doesnt mean much. I'd rather have a pass/didnt pass system or something else I dunno. The reason I get good grades is because I usually can study really good and memorize the more theoretical stuff(so when I have to say something about what I learned/write a test) but Im not so good when it comes to the more hands on stuff(I study Mechanical Engineering) and I would much rather improve in that and be a less clumsy guy than have 1s and 2s(As and Bs in my country).

Especially when I see what someone like my grandfather who is really into cars can do, like when he knows every part of the car and also is really really good with hands on stuff as he has a lot of experience and he really inspires me and for example he made a Buggy all by himself with gear switching and everything, a scooter engine, wheels from a cart or something like that and he used it to learn children how to learn the basics of driving, gear switching, etc. He also pretty much works on his house, electricall instalation and everything really there is to working on a house mainly by himself, he taught me how guns work, he made a target pistol all by himself and much more, etc., and he is just so good at all this stuff and I think this is so impressive sure he didnt have as good grades back in school but he didnt care about that too much, he grew up and lived in a village, so right form the start he was taught the more "hands on stuff" and he will forever be my idol even now he has done most of the work on his house(and there was a LOT of work to do there) and now he just bought parts of an old scooter he used to have and wants to assemble it and make it functional he is just so talented

but the fact that im clumsy and a lazy bastuuurd doesnt really help :P 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

-bump lel-

I could have been smart but I have done some things in my life that I now regret and have damaged my brain. I used to be really smart, since I had a rough start to my life but I was able to become "advanced" in my school only after a few years of "special learning"(yeah, not the good kind of special learning). One of the dumb things that I did was that I electrocuted myself and that really did damage to me(lost a whole bunch of memory which I unfortunately gained back), but I have done other things that I'm not really proud of. I'm not as creative as I used to be and my memory is terrible, but I am pretty good with problem solving and other things(its moments like this when my brain just turns off). I'm not going to take an IQ test(don't want extra sadness), but I just hate tests in general(I got a 15 on my ACT since I slept though most of it lol).

Dat bump.

Welcome to the 'rough'life start club :P (though with me it was only financial problems.)

I'm so smart I'll make everyone else look no sharper than a cue ball. B)

Ooo mate, look out :D you might hurt somebody with that level of sharpness

tbh I don't know and don't really care, but one thing that I don't like is how a lot of people say that im a smart guy in school,because I have really good grades(atm best from class). The whole grade system sucks imo and doesnt mean much. I'd rather have a pass/didnt pass system or something else I dunno. The reason I get good grades is because I usually can study really good and memorize the more theoretical stuff(so when I have to say something about what I learned/write a test) but Im not so good when it comes to the more hands on stuff(I study Mechanical Engineering) and I would much rather improve in that and be a less clumsy guy than have 1s and 2s(As and Bs in my country).

Especially when I see what someone like my grandfather who is really into cars can do, like when he knows every part of the car and also is really really good with hands on stuff as he has a lot of experience and he really inspires me and for example he made a Buggy all by himself with gear switching and everything, a scooter engine, wheels from a cart or something like that and he used it to learn children how to learn the basics of driving, gear switching, etc. He also pretty much works on his house, electricall instalation and everything really there is to working on a house mainly by himself, he taught me how guns work, he made a target pistol all by himself and much more, etc., and he is just so good at all this stuff and I think this is so impressive sure he didnt have as good grades back in school but he didnt care about that too much, he grew up and lived in a village, so right form the start he was taught the more "hands on stuff" and he will forever be my idol even now he has done most of the work on his house(and there was a LOT of work to do there) and now he just bought parts of an old scooter he used to have and wants to assemble it and make it functional he is just so talented

but the fact that im clumsy and a lazy bastuuurd doesnt really help :P

Pass/didn't pass is indeed being used here on SOME tests I have seen, but most of it is still grades.

You can interpret that the way you want.

Jogostar! Thought you were gone, haven't seen you in a while.