White Obsidian - Update No.3

Looking awesome! I would love to paint my 650D white... :P

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

Yellow coolant would probably make the most sense but if it were me I would go with some kind of two tone scheme on the white background. I am partial to red and dark purple(more like violet) but that is up to you. You should defiantly sleeve the PSU in white and whatever colour the coolant/tubing is though.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I know it was a joke, but the beige old school 900D looks incredible, when it first came out I was wondering where to buy it, and then I read somewhere that it was a joke :(.

Really looking forward to this build though, simply because the 900D is a monster and a beautiful looking case, and also because I have the same motherboard :D

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Seeing as I'm busy studying for exams this week, I figured I'd do something small and easy.

Can you think of what it might be?  ;)

d8P4tYz.jpg?1

SiVyP08.jpg?1

Or a waterblock :) if there are any waterblocks for this motherboard

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

this is going to be awesome.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

If you use acrylic tubing then I definetly recommend you get some color in thr coolant. mayhem dyes work great for that and they dont clog up your system.

• 1 month later...

So I guess I took a bit longer time than I planed for, as I ran into some unexpected problems.

First off, I finished my change on the motherboard going from yellow on the heatsinks to white, making them look much better.

ovNshfs.jpg?2

As for the problems, I accidentaly lost two of the screws used on these and they aren't the most common as they are M2.5. :/

And seeing as every thing was closed around christmas it took me some time to get some to replace them.

Now as for the case it's on a good ways to being completely assembled, I did go with some changes on the looks because after some thought on how I would manage to paint the front panels I decided to leave them alone and in my opinion it looks really good.

ukOUM0T.jpg?1

Er4UAGu.jpg?1

v1877VZ.jpg?1

I like where this is going :), looks really good, can't wait for the next update, keep it up! :P

is the aluminium of the 900d black or is it just painted? otherwise you could sand it back to silver, would look better with the white imo....

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

imo some black accents on the 5.25inch bays would look beast

I thought about that after I painted it, and you can take the fasteners off but I don't know how difficult it will be. Another part is I might scratch the paint in the attempt and that would suck majorly.

is the aluminium of the 900d black or is it just painted? otherwise you could sand it back to silver, would look better with the white imo....

It's anodized black, so I would need to strip it down if I wanted to get to bare aluminium.

Looks great so far. Wish I had a white 900d

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Peek-a-boo, an almost complete white 900D

7JGfaoe.jpg?1

Some of you keen eyed people may notice a few thingies that seem a bit wrong, well yes there are! :)

The two bottom doors have a few issues, as the one you can see in the pic above, the magnets just won't hold it in place. Now this was also the case when it was shipped it wouldn't hold properly altough it didn't really show.

Now however it won't hold at all, what I think it is, are the hinges for it are just not moving properly.

The other door however has another issue, I chipped a piece of paint off it, and I needed to touch up the paint on it. Should be fine and put on the case within a day or two.

And last but not least it has an heatsink on the CPU and no watercooling, well I'm waiting on some parts, and I have yet to buy fittings.

But, can't you simply just slap some primer on the front aluminum panel and just paint over the aluminum?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So empty, many space, such large, is dis doges house ? what do ? wow. (also, nice :P)

But, can't you simply just slap some primer on the front aluminum panel and just paint over the aluminum?

I could, but I actually like the way the front looks right now. Having something that breaks it up looks good in my opinion.