White Obsidian - Update No.3

White Obsidian

So this is a project I've had simmering in the back of my head ever since I saw the 900D, it would probably look good in white.

So after months of waiting the case finally arrived and I could tearing it down.

NfBUuBf.jpgXB3yWcf.jpg

(I apologize for the bad pictures, someone had run off with my camera).

Now for the rest of the build I'm pretty fixed on the MB and CPU, but the rest I'm sort of wondering what I should do with so I'm really open to suggestions.

As for the watercooling I'm a rookie, so I'll take any suggestions to what's good to use and such.

Components:

MB:   MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX

CPU: Intel 4770K

GPU: Nvidia GeForce Titan

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB x3

PSU:  Corsair AX860i

Watercooling:

CPU Block: EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel

GPU Block: EK-FC Titan SE - Acetal+Nickel + EK-FC Titan SE Backplate - Black

Radiators: EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (480) x2

Pump: EK-D5 Vario X-TOP - Acetal (incl. pump)

Reservoir: EK-RES X3 250 x2 (I have a small idea with this)

Fittings: Haven't decided on which fittings I want yet.

Tubing: TUBE PrimoChill PrimoFlex™ Advanced LRT™ 15,9 / 9,5mm - Elegant White

Coolant: Haven't purchased any yet, not decied on what colour I want either.

That was a joke from Corsair.

I know, but that is how it would kind of look

I have seen that and I did want one even though it's beige and not actually white.

the sabertooth will look super small like a mitx board inside a medium tower case

There aren't that many motherboards out there that won't, and for the colour scheme I'm going for the Sabertooth fits perfectly.

PC Components:

MB = Asus Z87 Sabertooth

CPU = Intel 4770K

The rest that I would buy, if I was the one Building this rig:

RAM = Kingston Beast 1600MHz+ dont need to be faster then this cause you wont get loads more Preformance out of it.

GPU = GTX 780 any standard PCB card

SSDs = Kingston/Samsung/Crucial/Corsair/intel @ 240GB+

PSU = Any 600Watt+ Bronze/Silver/Gold modular Quality Manifacture that suits Your Colour scheme

Watercooling:

CPU Block = EK - Supremacy Clean CSQ - Plexi

GPU Block = EK - FC Titan SE - Acetal with backplate

Radiators = Bottom; Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 480mm, Top; Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Coppar 360mm. You wont be needing more RADsurface than this even if you go DualGPU setup =D cause a little rule of thumb is For Each Block you put in the loop You go +1 120mmRADsurface

Pump = Alphacool VPP655 Single Edition (Laing D5)

Reservoir =  Any one You Like that suits YOur Build =D

Fittings = Personaly I like Monsoon's 19mm/13mm ones casue U get that Thick sweet Tubing

Tubing = I think its Up to the Builder, I go with XSPC clear Highflex cause I use Mayhams Pastel Coolant

Coolant = EK/Mayham, what ever suits the build.  

Fans = Personaly in my Custom Loop I have GT AP15 "1800rpms" running in Push in the bottom and Pull in the Top of my little Case. All I can say is go for Fans with high static pressure other than that what ever floats Your boat.

One Thing to think about when doing Custom WC is the Routing of the Loop, Go RES->PUMP then it's all up to YOU how the rest goes (U want the Outlet of the RES to be higher then the Inlet of the Pump, so the Pump wont go Dry) 
As Straight Tubing Routs as possible will give the best Performance but we're talking about a few degress so just dont do to narrow Curves and the Flow of the Loop will soldier on.

hope this was a little Help on the way and if there are any Q's just ask away =D, I'm on LTT allmost every day.

//enRödjävel
i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

PC Components:

MB = Asus Z87 Sabertooth

CPU = Intel 4770K

RAM = Kingston Beast 1600MHz+ dont need to be faster then this cause you wont get loads more Preformance out of it.

PSU = Any 600Watt+ Bronze/Silver/Gold modular Quality Manifacture that suits Your Colour scheme

I already have a GTX Titan and a Corsair 860i so that's sorted.

One of my biggest things with going watercooled on this is that it's silent when running, and I've been looking around a bit as to what are the best silent fans, got any ideas or suggestions on that? The list for watercooling parts looks good as well! :)

What linus would suggest for fans: if they're visible corsair air series, when not visible definitely noctua NF-F12's :)

I would really like to see how this case would look in white!

Beige isn't white.

I already have a GTX Titan and a Corsair 860i so that's sorted.

One of my biggest things with going watercooled on this is that it's silent when running, and I've been looking around a bit as to what are the best silent fans, got any ideas or suggestions on that? The list for watercooling parts looks good as well! :)

Ohh so a sweet GPU and PSU, nice.

For silent fans, with the RADsurface of 7x120mm or more You can go with what ever Fans You fancy =D cause its overkill. Just take the Nicest looking fans You find, I like the style of the GT AP15's but Noiseblockes NB e-Loop B12-PS (PWM) & Enermax Cluster UCCL12 PWM are Two damn fine looking Fans that are really Quiet and can spinn in really low RPMs like 500-1500 +/-10%. the Enermax is a white/aluminium shroud with white "sharp" fanblades and a "discrete" white lighting effect, and the Noiseblocker is a black shroud with white "soft" fanblades without Lighting effect. 

noiseblockers NB-eLoop

Dsc_0754-1.jpg?t=gallery&k=a4605b8e

Enermax Clusters

Img_2573.jpg?t=gallery&k=f7012a00

just to get a look at em hehe,.. dont know if you can get the Enermax anymore in the US but here in Sweden I know for a fact (cause I bought some, 6 of em) that they are available.

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Beige isn't white.

Then use your eyes, 

PC Components:

MB = Asus Z87 Sabertooth

CPU = Intel 4770K

Watercooling:

CPU Block = EK - Supremacy Clean CSQ - Plexi

GPU Block = EK - FC Titan SE - Acetal with backplate

Radiators = Bottom; Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 480mm, Top; Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Coppar 360mm. You wont be needing more RADsurface than this even if you go DualGPU setup =D cause a little rule of thumb is For Each Block you put in the loop You go +1 120mmRADsurface

Pump = Alphacool VPP655 Single Edition (Laing D5)

Reservoir =  Any one You Like that suits YOur Build =D

Fittings = Personaly I like Monsoon's 19mm/13mm ones casue U get that Thick sweet Tubing

Tubing = I think its Up to the Builder, I go with XSPC clear Highflex cause I use Mayhams Pastel Coolant

Coolant = EK/Mayham, what ever suits the build.  

Fans = Personaly in my Custom Loop I have GT AP15 "1800rpms" running in Push in the bottom and Pull in the Top of my little Case. All I can say is go for Fans with high static pressure other than that what ever floats Your boat.

One Thing to think about when doing Custom WC is the Routing of the Loop, Go RES->PUMP then it's all up to YOU how the rest goes (U want the Outlet of the RES to be higher then the Inlet of the Pump, so the Pump wont go Dry) 
As Straight Tubing Routs as possible will give the best Performance but we're talking about a few degress so just dont do to narrow Curves and the Flow of the Loop will soldier on.

hope this was a little Help on the way and if there are any Q's just ask away =D, I'm on LTT allmost every day.

//enRödjävel

I should get the samsung 840 pro 240G/480G it's an excelent ssd

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Changed things around, updates will no longer be put in the first post.

• 4 months later...

Update No.1

WjuAuJl.jpg

Finally finished taking the case apart exect from the top dust cover which I have no clue how to remove as of yet.

7Zm30m7.jpg

Now I have discovered a few annoyments with this case so far, I got one maget to hold a bottom sidecover on that is weak, noticed this when I took it apart and tired it about a bit more. Not sure if I can fix this or not hopefully I can, because when the case arrived the bottom cover kept unlocking and dropping down.

Another was that there was gaps all around the window on the sidepanel, if this would have had any effect or not I don't know yet.    :P

And for those who wondered what a pretty much barebone 900D looks like:

ZtYqXvu.jpg

Update No.2

Finally got time to put into this project again.

I have been way too busy with school and work the last few months, so this case has sorta been put on the sidelines for a bit.

WrUjH44.jpg

I got my watercooling that I ordered weeks ago.EK ran out of the radiators the day I put in my order  :(

I'm guessing this is what most people want to see though, the case is 95% painted. The only part that isn't painted is a plastic bit on the front, because I forgot to pick up some primer for it, and the paint wouldn't stick at all without it. :/

QGg2rh2.jpg

aJnuPuv.jpg

yNNFn9B.jpg

Z0oTdQA.jpg

m6rpEOW.jpg

You can barely see the plastic bit in the corner on this last pic, hopefully I will have that piece sorted out within a week.

Some of you might have noticed that the case itself isn't in this pic, that is because it is in its box and I couldn't be bothered to take it out  :D 

Now the probably won't be any major updates on this for atleast a couple of weeks as I'm busy with exams at the moment, but during december I hope to be able to put out more updates.

I should also be able to finish this in december I hope.

Looks great!  Hopefully it won't be another 5-6 months for the next update.  J/K!  LOL

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

dis gonna be gwed

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Updated the components list in the first post.

Now I do have a crazy idea for my watercooling loop, whether or not it's capable to do I guess I need someone better at watercooling to tell me.

I want to try and run two resevoirs in parallel, so the loop sorta splits before the resevoirs and the rejoins again and goes on to the pump.

I also haven't decided on fittings yet, I leaning towards Bitpower fittings in matte black but I'm still not 100% sure on it. I would like to hear people's input on this.

And finally the coolant, should I go clear, or in some colour maybe black?

they need a white obsidian line imo

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

oooo aaaaaaa i like it i want morrrre :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

DIS GOTTA FOLLOW

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D