White Obsidian - Update No.3

I could, but I actually like the way the front looks right now. Having something that breaks it up looks good in my opinion.

I agree, it makes the white really glow when you see the black aluminum in the front! LOOKS SO SEXY, can't wait to see a final shot!

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

Love the look of your white 900D  :)

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

• 3 months later...

Hey I was also trying to paint a white 900D after being inspired by this fellow over at http://www.overclock.net/t/1469789/build-log-snefs-bloody-angel. Could u enlighten me on how you painted your case white? 

I took it apart completely, sanded it down litely with some 600 grit sandpaper. Put a few layers of primer on, and then the white topcoat.

For the people who have been following this build log, I'm sorry for not having had any updates in the last few months I've been caught up in my studies and waiting on parts for the watercooling. The build will hopefully be finished after my exams are done at the end of this month.

I took it apart completely, sanded it down litely with some 600 grit sandpaper. Put a few layers of primer on, and then the white topcoat.

For the people who have been following this build log, I'm sorry for not having had any updates in the last few months I've been caught up in my studies and waiting on parts for the watercooling. The build will hopefully be finished after my exams are done at the end of this month.

If you are not busy with work could you post some close ups on the paint job just wanted to know if its shine or matt.

White Obsidian

So this is a project I've had simmering in the back of my head ever since I saw the 900D, it would probably look good in white.

So after months of waiting the case finally arrived and I could tearing it down.

NfBUuBf.jpgXB3yWcf.jpg

(I apologize for the bad pictures, someone had run off with my camera).

Now for the rest of the build I'm pretty fixed on the MB and CPU, but the rest I'm sort of wondering what I should do with so I'm really open to suggestions.

As for the watercooling I'm a rookie, so I'll take any suggestions to what's good to use and such.

Components:

MB:   MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX

CPU: Intel 4770K

GPU: Nvidia GeForce Titan

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB x3

PSU:  Corsair AX860i

Watercooling:

CPU Block: EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel

GPU Block: EK-FC Titan SE - Acetal+Nickel + EK-FC Titan SE Backplate - Black

Radiators: EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (480) x2

Pump: EK-D5 Vario X-TOP - Acetal (incl. pump)

Reservoir: EK-RES X3 250 x2 (I have a small idea with this)

Fittings: Haven't decided on which fittings I want yet.

Tubing: TUBE PrimoChill PrimoFlex™ Advanced LRT™ 15,9 / 9,5mm - Elegant White

Coolant: Haven't purchased any yet, not decied on what colour I want either.

like it so much im going to copy your setup but all in pink

like it so much im going to copy your setup but all in pink

Why you have you said that on 2 different topics already ? oke saw another one so its 3 now. oke nevermind 4 

If you are not busy with work could you post some close ups on the paint job just wanted to know if its shine or matt.

I don't have any cameras at the moment, but it's a semi-gloss paint I've used. So it's not very shiny but it's not dead matte either.