What's Your Favorite Web Browser?

says the person with 16gb of ram, do you think your ram will get tired if you use it too much?

I also use a THinkpad with 4GB of RAM, on which Chrome is worse than useless. 

(Plus I do have reasons for 16GB of ram, and they are 3d modeling and multiple VMs, which leaves on average about 3GB free)

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Opera. I love it.

Ah, really, what exactly do you love about it? :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

why? are you troll'en or legit...

actually IE looks better on Win 8 while Chrome on Win 7

Chrome Master Race; Chrome and IE are the only sane choices in today's browser landscape IMHO.

Cheers,

Linus

Topic 1,000,001 about this subject...

But, who's counting? :P JK

I also use a THinkpad with 4GB of RAM, on which Chrome is worse than useless. 

(Plus I do have reasons for 16GB of ram, and they are 3d modeling and multiple VMs, which leaves on average about 3GB free)

idk why your chrome uses so much ram, you probably have 50 tabs open on your laptop which is just weird.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Do you think that no one in their right mind would use IE?

idk why your chrome uses so much ram, you probably have 50 tabs open on your laptop which is just weird.

Opening up 1 tab (Gmail) with only chrome and the OS running (os is Linux mint 32 bit) takes up 1.5GB of 3.8GB usable, while opening teh same page with Firefox takes less than 500MB total. I find it completely useless, especially using more than a few (3) tabs like I generally do.

That said, I still do not like firefox either. There is no perfect browser imo.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Opening up 1 tab (Gmail) with only chrome and the OS running (os is Linux mint 32 bit) takes up 1.5GB of 3.8GB usable, while opening teh same page with Firefox takes less than 500MB total. I find it completely useless, especially using more than a few (3) tabs like I generally do.

That said, I still do not like firefox either. There is no perfect browser imo.

so you still have 2gb left, i don't get these stupid complaints.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I don't know exactly lol. It just feels so fluid and looks so clean

I mean, Firefox and Chrome are very clean looking as well but I was catch myself going back to Opera for some reason :P

Cool! B)

BTW, can you add the word "it" after "about" to your quote of my post, please? I fixed it on the original.

so you still have 2gb left, i don't get these stupid complaints.

Open up more than one tab and you don't. Right now with the forum (this one), youtube, twitter and gmail open it has 200MB of RAM free.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Open up more than one tab and you don't. Right now with the forum (this one), youtube, twitter and gmail open it has 200MB of RAM free.

It sounds like you have some kind of memory leak somewhere. Even if Google Chrome takes up 6GB you should have more than 200MB free, even with your other applications open.

It sounds like you have some kind of memory leak somewhere. Even if Google Chrome takes up 6GB you should have more than 200MB free, even with your other applications open.

I question how I could have 6 of 4GB free ever in even a completely leak free world.

There may be a memory leak, but it is a problem that has been there for well over a year. At this point it is a feature of chrome, not a problem with it. (problem may not exist in windows or OSX, but I have not tested it there).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

actually IE looks better on Win 8 while Chrome on Win 7

*unfriends bubblewhale*

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

firefox masterrace

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

On a mac you can't beat Safari, its integration and fluidness on the OS is unmatched by Chrome or Firefox. Anywhere else I go Chrome, mainly because of the extensions I use and that no matter where I install it I feel like it is the same. Also can't stand the new Firefox UI, and how slow it responds.

Firefox... because addons and sync...

Chrome is nice but it feels like I've got a fork bomb once I've got more than 10 tabs open... and it doesn't automagically clear history and cache when I close it...

Opera is best for my older devices...

I tried Rockmelt but it had too much social media integration for my taste...

what do you think

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Firefox.

I bet all the Chrome votes came from people who just use it because of Linus. :P

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I've been noticing lately that Chrome is really slow and it seems to eat up a lot of my RAM. So I'm looking at switching to a new browser for a while to see if there's any improvement. So, what's your  favorite web browser?

Safari (On the mac, the windows version sucks, if its on windows then I use chrome) so sue me all you want but I love that I can see tabs that I was browsing on my Iphone, Ipad and Macbook Pro at the same time and also, it actually saves the dang tabs that I was browsing when I quit it, Every times I try to do that on Chrome, (I'm positive that the feature was enabled) sometimes it would save 4-5 of the 20 tabs I had opened at the time, sometimes it won't save anything at all -.-

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Safari (On the mac, the windows version sucks, if its on windows then I use chrome) so sue me all you want but I love that I can see tabs that I was browsing on my Iphone, Ipad and Macbook Pro at the same time and also, it actually saves the dang tabs that I was browsing when I quit it, Every times I try to do that on Chrome, (I'm positive that the feature was enabled) sometimes it would save 4-5 of the 20 tabs I had opened at the time, sometimes it won't save anything at all -.-

Yea can't believe I forgot Safari! I love it on Mac!

Chrome does slow down a lot on my PC too, considering I only have 2GB RAM installed (basically lots of things slow down because of this).

It's still my favourite though since it's super speedy with just 1-2 tabs. I do that often.

2nd fave of course is Mozilla.

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

Waterfox, which is based on Firefox but 64-bit. When Chrome was first released, it was the fastest so I went from Firefox to that then it got slow so I went back to Firefox but it wasn't fast enough coming from Google's new browser so I used Firefox Nightly with some dev modifications, it was by far the faster browser I've ever used. But now stable Firefox and Nightly are both having issues so I'm on Waterfox. :(

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!