H1Z1 Devs SOE offering "No questions asked" refunds.

Almercenary

So after there was an uproar over the "pay2win" aidrops which gave out guns and other sorts of shit that was hard to find legitimately, they are now offering a refund.

“If you feel like the airdrops are an issue for you, you may immediately request a refund,” - Smedley person

Looking at the rocky launch, I think many will be requesting there money back.

http://www.pcgamer.com/soe-offering-refunds-on-h1z1-for-those-upset-with-airdrops/

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

New Rule:

Never pre-order, or buy a game at launch.

That's not even a new rule, it's been like that for most of the calendar year of 2014

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That's not even a new rule, it's been like that for most of the calendar year of 2014

Yea, true true.  I really haven't started doing this until after ESO.  After that game, I decided never again.  I would rather play the tons of games that I get on Steam for $20 or less the year after they are released.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

New Rule:

This early access though.. it's not going to be at launch for awhile.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

This early access though.. it's not going to be at launch for awhile.

What was the other zombie game that was supposed to launch today?  Its supposed to be in Turkey or something?  I think it has "Light" in its name.

EDIT*

Found it, Dying Light.  I guess it was delayed until the 27th.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

What was the other zombie game that was supposed to launch today?  Its supposed to be in Turkey or something?  I think it has "Light" in its name.

Dying light? I thought it launches the 27th? That game would be a game I would wait to see reviews for.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I can't believe they are actually agreeing to give refunds.  I thought the strategy was release shitty games and not give refunds.  This doesn't make up for the blatant lie, though.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Dying light? I thought it launches the 27th? That game would be a game I would wait to see reviews for.

Yes, it comes out on the 27th

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

No, they shouldn't get their money back. They knew what they were doing when they decided to buy into ALPHA release testing. This is ridiculous!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

No, they shouldn't get their money back. They knew what they were doing when they decided to buy into ALPHA release testing. This is ridiculous!

You don't seem to involved at all, so who cares. Was obviously a stupid decision to ever believe SOE wouldnt lie about the game's inentions, you should be fine with people... not being scammed...

You don't seem to involved at all, so who cares. Was obviously a stupid decision to ever believe SOE wouldnt lie about the game's inentions, you should be fine with people... not being scammed...

I'm sorry, could you explain what you are trying to say here?  How is it a scam?

The game is in alpha-alpha release. It was obvious early access would be met with horrendous bugs, even being unable to play outright. The people who bought this game knew that, but they bought it anyways. Now that they cannot play at early release they demand their money back like it was something unforeseen? No. They don't get that money back. Maybe it will teach them responsibility.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Eh good for Sony for recognizing people don't like being lied to.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

99% of early access games aren't worth it in my opinion. Especially of this genre. Even though DayZ wasn't that good on the Arma 2 engine, it's still way better than any zombie survival game since. 

At least they did a refund, unlike other companies out there.  <_< 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

i think that they should fuckin offer refunds after they basically added in items that ruined the purpose of playing the game...................

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'm sorry, could you explain what you are trying to say here? How is it a scam?

The game is in alpha-alpha release. It was obvious early access would be met with horrendous bugs, even being unable to play outright. The people who bought this game knew that, but they bought it anyways. Now that they cannot play at early release they demand their money back like it was something unforeseen? No. They don't get that money back. Maybe it will teach them responsibility.

Most people who want a refund what it because they were lied to. On multiple occasions a developer said that drops would not include guns, water, food, etc because such features would ruin the point of the game. Surprise surprise, the game is out and the drops contain all of those things; thus the game is practically pay2win and it is ruined for most players. The company lied and broke their game with micro transactions, that's why people want a refund; not bugs.

I swear, at this point, I'm gonna have to just learn programming and make my own survival zombie apocalypse game if I want a good one.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm sorry, could you explain what you are trying to say here?  How is it a scam?

THe devs clearly stated in prerelease that there would not be items such as weapons in airdrops. They went back on that after release. Thats why everyone is mad.

I swear, at this point, I'm gonna have to just learn programming and make my own survival zombie apocalypse game if I want a good one.

7DTD is great tbh, all the others are terrible though.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

they said for months the game wouldnt be pay to win, the day after release they patch it to make it pay to win. It wasn't even a preorder issue.

>three days before release, devs confirm there is 100% no microtransactions

>game is released and there are microtransactions

Stop defending it.

New Rule:

Agreed, except it shouldn't be a "new" rule we've been dealing with this kind of shit for the better part of the decade now.

-------

Current Rig

-------