I was looking at other AIO CPU water coolers and I found the totally badass Swiftech H220-X.  Since this is like a hybrid between an AIO and a custom loop, would I have to purge the liquid bi yearly, if I use the stock liquid?

Don't get an H220x.

If you want an AiO, buy a proper sealed one.

If you want a custom loop, buy a kit if you cant afford the $600 loop all at once.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Don't get an H220x.

If you want an AiO, buy a proper sealed one.

If you want a custom loop, buy a kit if you cant afford the $600 loop all at once.

Any reasons for this?

I have my H240X and I'm liking it.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Any reasons for this?

I have my H240X and I'm liking it.

they have louder than normal pumps, which have had quite a few reported failures already

also the only reason someone would buy an H2xx cooler is if they wanted to expand it, and the components used in that cooler are basically the cheapest quality possible custom loop.

the pump/res combo on the H2xx coolers also allows more evaporation, and will easily let bubbles into the loop if you move or transport the system

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What is a normal pump and how loud is it? What makes the pump on this louder?

Mind linking where these reports are of the H220-X pump that has failed?

How does the pump res combo allow more evaporation of all things? How does this then let bubbles in? By magic?

the components used in that cooler are basically the cheapest quality possible custom loop.

Umm the pump on the 220x is a mcp30 and is rather well regarded, the water block is also fairly well looked upon.

Also I expanded mine already to include a 120x3 radiator because I had one and it was begging to be used.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

they have louder than normal pumps, which have had quite a few reported failures already

also the only reason someone would buy an H2xx cooler is if they wanted to expand it, and the components used in that cooler are basically the cheapest quality possible custom loop.

the pump/res combo on the H2xx coolers also allows more evaporation, and will easily let bubbles into the loop if you move or transport the system

Just bought a H220X a few days ago for my FX 8370. Interesting.

Who cares if it isnt sealed? Its prefilled, and ready to go. Let alone the value of what you get with it. Plus it fixed the problem of 5.25 drive bay mounted pumps in my H440 I also ordered.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Umm the pump on the 220x is a mcp30 and is rather well regarded, the water block is also fairly well looked upon.

Also I expanded mine already to include a 120x3 radiator because I had one and it was begging to be used.

I know.

The mcp30 is a tiny loud pump with low flow rate and high pressure. Definitely not good for silence.

Spoiler

Where are all the facts to back these statements? You keep doing this.

its basically an MCP355 with a custom pump top

these 3000rpm tiny pumps are loud because they have to spin so fast to get a decent flow rate

Spoiler

its basically an MCP355 with a custom pump top

these 3000rpm tiny pumps are loud because they have to spin so fast to get a decent flow rate

Except it's not an MCP355 or any Laing DDC for that matter. The impeller in a D5, a DDC and the Swiftech MCP30/MCP50X are the same size btw, and spin at the same rates. Perhaps this will help not make any more statements without basis: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/258153-a-review-of-the-swiftech-h220-x/

Except it's not an MCP355 or any Laing DDC for that matter. The impeller in a D5, a DDC and the Swiftech MCP30/MCP50X are the same size btw, and spin at the same rates. Perhaps this will help not make any more statements without basis: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/258153-a-review-of-the-swiftech-h220-x/

???

what does the impeller matter? this is about the motor in the pump...

a larger motor has more torque, and can spin at slower speeds with less noise while still maintaining the pressure and flow rate

i also forgot to mention the stick fans are horrible

Spoiler

???

what does the impeller matter? this is about the motor in the pump...

a larger motor has more torque, and can spin at slower speeds with less noise while still maintaining the pressure and flow rate

i also forgot to mention the stick fans are horrible

What exactly do you think is the rotating part inside a pump? It's not a fan.

What exactly do you think is the rotating part inside a pump? It's not a fan.

sc2_105.jpg

Spoiler

Funny, you comment about how loud it is and I myself don't notice it on mine and most reviewers comment that you can not hear it over the fan; which itself is barely audible. Also you can just use the included pwm hub to actually control the speed of the pump itself. Hence, it sort of defeats the argument of loudness. Sort of like a person complaining how a pwm fan is too loud when they also have a mobo and software than can decrease the speed...

One minor addition is if you compare it with full custom loops, of course it is not as good, but when compared to other closed loop all in ones, it is far better. This of course is why people are choosing the swiftech due to it being less than the higher cost custom loops but being far better than comparable aios. Keep in mind most aios move half or a quarter the amount of fluid through their pumps within the hour. You might want to get your comparisons straight and think in the right order of magnitude rather than just complaining that it is cheaper than expensive custom loops with the best materials or louder than much cheaper and less efficient aio coolers.

As for the coolant, it is practically vacuum sealed upon getting it, which would be nigh impossible to do yourself with a custom loop and had no air bubbles when running. If you run low you can easily top it off with practically no trouble.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I have a swiftech 220x and i can only hear the pump because I'm literally rubbing my face against it because of how close i sit to my pc, if it wasn't for that then i couldn't hear it!  I think the damn thing is just fine and a little noise wont kill anyone.  I mean cmon at-least you know its working if you can hear it am i right?!

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

I have the H220X.

Yes, you CAN hear the Pump. You can hear any Pump, because they have moving parts! Atleast if you get close enough.

The only thing that is a littel annoying is that you have to make sure the Radiator/Pump is decoupled from the Case because it will transfer Vibrations and be loud.

In my Air 240 the Rad touches the metal Part of the case which leads to Vibration noise. But even that noise is nothing compared to Noiseblocker eloops spinning at 1000rpm, which should tell you that it is not exactly loud.

Also i have my case sitting 50cm away from me on my desk ;)

Also the MCP30 Pump is a decent Pump, it is similar to a Laing DDC design and can Push 600l/h, it is far better than the pumps in other Aio's. ;)

Also to answer your Question:

If you leave it closed, swiftech says the coolent will be good for ~2-3 Years. after that you should change it ;)

But you can also change it to whatever you want;)

There is a dang cap on the side that you can twist and just add distilled water to top it off.... I don't see how there is such a big hissy fit over it in the first place.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

you can change the water you even have a little window. with other AIOs you never know for sure. and then ther is the cooper Rad not aluminium like most other AIOs.