David Cameron wants to ban encryption

tom564

"consider banning the popular encrypted online messaging apps"

this is why decentralized software is needed !!!

Tox  and Ricochet  FTW

but what he is trying to do wont happen lol ...

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

How can you effectively ban an app in a country? Will they force UK ISPs to firewall all Internet traffic like China does?

just like how brazil banned the secret app

http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-removes-secret-from-app-store-in-brazil/#!

just ban it from a country specific app store (by request)

might be effective against IOS devices  but wont happen on android because u will just get the APK from another source  :P

i wonder if u can just change the local of an IOS device to get the app instead

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If they banned encryption, they'd be ripped apart by hackers so damn fast...

Hang on don't they all ready have

Back door access due to being on of the 5 eyes countries? 

But back to this O dear better start using that MEGA encrypted chat

It's shows again that the understanding of technology is still in the dark ages

and that not all people who want privacy are doing it so they can commit a crime 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

And the rest of the world realizes how stupid our government is.

yeah because other governments are so much better american government cant even sort out the net ffs let alone things like free health care

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

And the rest of the world realizes how stupid our government is.

What country are you from?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

just like how brazil banned the secret app

http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-removes-secret-from-app-store-in-brazil/#!

just ban it from a country specific app store (by request)

might be effective against IOS devices  but wont happen on android because u will just get the APK from another source  :P

i wonder if u can just change the local of an IOS device to get the app instead

Thats until you start getting knocks on your door and branded as a terrorist as your network fingerprint showed you were using encryption, this already happens in some fucked up countries  

Now this is probably a long way off but we shouldn't be giving up our freedom a little at a time otherwise it'll be closer than we think 

Well he can go 3NixUoatlaULVExfwvbMSb391QnbvrZjRkXWO11ElHY= himself.

(http://encryption.online-toolz.com/tools/text-encryption-decryption.php)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

What a complete and utter imbecile.

"We will defend freedom of speech by abolishing freedom of speech"

It would help if he had even the slightest idea of what he is saying.

Ugh.

Fix your color to "automatic".

And looks like the article has either been pulled from The Guardian or your link is broken - I think the article was pulled.

Nah, I was reading it in school today.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

How can you effectively ban an app in a country? Will they force UK ISPs to firewall all Internet traffic like China does?

Still can use a VPN no problem for e.g. when the pirate bay was up.

Expert procrastinator.

Well he can go 3NixUoatlaULVExfwvbMSb391QnbvrZjRkXWO11ElHY= himself.

(http://encryption.online-toolz.com/tools/text-encryption-decryption.php)

PLnPZI7l3NA1UUg2raBbGaTP13TKp9yeJIi76TDIYTJXOPDp0561FXKC+QuXHLaVaknZXSJaIr2NNaw5m+t87A==. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Cameron is a pompous little prickhead just like the rest of Parliament, but he's also a cop-out bastard as well. I'm surprised he wasn't bending over and letting Obama use him as a footstool.

I say this as an englishman: Britain is still a fucking aristocracy, just as it has been since the beginning of time, and it's absolutely sickening to watch. I'm totally disappointed in Scotland not seceding, because at this point, I would have preferred if they had gone one step further, dug a gigantic crowbar into the border and split themselves off, because they do not need the misery of having the rich prats from the south banning and taxing every damn thing.

I'm starting to understand America's motives for seceding a little bit now, but I despise both of them.

Can't wait to see if Anonymous respond to this :-)

If encryption goes down, Anonymous (among others, you just watch) will hack and DDoS the absolute living shit out of every server they can get their Pings on.

In fact, I want to see them try to ban encryption, I want to see them try and erode privacy away, I want to see the British people finally snap and overthrow the control-freak greed-driven idiot bastards running that country.

If they ban encryption over there, everyone should just encrypt every single thing that they have and burn the encryption key. Everything would lock up and the system would seize overnight. Beautiful.

This would allow GGHQ to read all messages (Which they can all ready do Cough *FIVE EYES* COUGH  

without having to brake the encryption well by by freedom this would also allow 

The USA,Canada,Australia and New Zealand to read all your information would it not?

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Why would Cameron go against the human right to privacy?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

What do you guys think?

All the new powers hat the intelligence community has received since 9/11 haven't stopped a single terrorist attack.  Every single plot they foiled happened because of old-fashioned law enforcement without any of this unlimited access. 

Cameron should focus on protecting us from lightning, that kills 10x more people worldwide each year than terrorism does (and I'm even counting suicide bombers in war zones, not just stuff like 9/11, Madrid and Paris).