Gigabyte vs Asus

SodaYoda

Hey guys, I'v decided to get the GTX 970 but I can't decide between the ASUS STRIX or the GIGABYTE G1 Gaming.

Where I am, the Asus is $70 more than the Gigabyte. The only thing I know about the ASUS STRIX is that it has the feature where the fans stay idol when the GPU isn't under stress, but I've heard that the GIGABYTE G1 Gaming is extremely quiet anyway. So I was wondering if it's worth the $60 more to get the ASUS STRIX.

I've also seen benchmarks showing that the GIGABYTE G1 Gaming has slightly better performance (very slightly).

I should also mention that the Gigabyte Gpu matchs the colour scheme of the rest of my PC.

So in your opinion which one should i get? Some help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hell no it's not worth the extra $60 for the STRIX, the G1 is actually very quiet, I own it. It's also a binned chip so you can expect better overclocking. Superior cooler, list goes on.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I wouldnt pay $70 more, go for the Gigabyte.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

G1 for sure in this case

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hell no it's not worth the extra $60 for the STRIX, the G1 is actually very quiet, I own it. It's also a binned chip so you can expect better overclocking. Superior cooler, list goes on.

ok thanks!

i really like asus as a company, but the price :( With that said i actually prefer the g1 in terms of asthetics and would defintetly reccomend saving the $70.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Although I am an Asus Fanboy I'd go Gigabyte on this one. I really love their gpu's

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

Let me ask, how much does these cards cost for you?

1. Gigabyte G1 Gaming
  2. Gigabyte Windforce OC
  3. MSI Gaming 4G

Depending on prices, the Windforce and the MSI can save you some neat money that can be spent on games.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Let me ask, how much does these cards cost for you?

1. Gigabyte G1 Gaming
  2. Gigabyte Windforce OC
  3. MSI Gaming 4G

Depending on prices, the Windforce and the MSI can save you some neat money that can be spent on games.

there all practically the same, only a couple of dollars different