FX 8350 Opinions?

Im not an amd hater but i highly recommend intel,best performance and cooler processors.i owned and AMD A8 it overheats like hell(110C) and i switched to intel i3 now its fine ,cooler and more performance but get a graphic card intel hd graphics sucks anyway

I've read the same post you have made about FX cpus twice. You really dislike them. 

if they where a good option we would recommend them...i used one for a while and they are not.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I'm really hoping ZEN will be coming soon, AMD needs to lay off the gfx card game and get back to work on cpus. 

FX cpu's used to be much cheaper than the intel ones(about 1.5 years ago..) it's not the case anymore when you factor in a motherboard that is good enough to overclock an FX 8 core CPU (vrm design very important...at least 6+2 power phase) also you have to add the price of a cpu cooler to overclock the FX to avoid bottom of the barrel performance and if you add to that the added electricity cost...

There's no pcpartpicker Serbia unfortunately OP so i had to go with germany prices which are the closest to you, here's what you are looking at has a bare minimum on both side:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  (€124.90 @ Caseking)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€32.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (€79.78 @ Hardwareversand)

Total: €237.67

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-07 04:18 CET+0100

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€165.88 @ Home of Hardware DE)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€74.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Total: €240.77

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-07 04:19 CET+0100

3.10€ extra that are well worth it, you'll get them back after only 3 months using the overclocked FX cpu just in powerbill savings.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

If it is a good deal and a lot cheaper than what others are recommending an i5 setup, then there is still some potential in the FX8350 on a sabertooth board. from the prices i have seen (new) intel has changed its pricing and not much more than top range AMD.

its also personel choice, as for graphics cards bottlenecking depends on everything from ram speeds, hard drive interface, cooling solutions, generation of graphics cards, etc..

if your on a tight budget and do work like 3D drawing / video editing etc and an AMD rig is cheaper then it should be ok for a while. also i think if your going AMD then combine all 3 main components as they supposed to work better together (CPU, RAM, GPU)

All i can say is i currently run a FX6300 @ 3.7ghz and have 2x Asus 7790 o/c edition gpus, 16gig of 2133mhz ram and all the new games i play now run fine with no bottlenecking and i do 3D drawing work.

I think if you want the best of the best full on ultra settings then go for a Intel top of the range i5, i7 or X99 setup but it will cost a little or a lot more depending where you want to stop.

if you like the idea of filling up the pci-e slots on your sabertooth you could look at getting 2x last gen AMD cards and crossfire.

closed loop liquid cooler will also go nice with it.

I take no sides here on the Intel / AMD war, as i currently have an AMD but in the middle of building a fully scratch computer which will have Intel i7 4790K in it and Asus Strix 970 gpu. but thats a for the future and m-itx rig. the old AMD rig is still running games and applications really well at the moment so i don't see if someone wants to be different and make an AMD rig then no problem, at the same time like others have said its a shame but at the moment not sure what the future of AMD and AM3+ is.

nothing in computers stands still, i think if you want to futureproof it and want good performance intel is leading the way right now.

got to love Asus components

Dude, for the last time.  You cannot compare cross platform when it comes to the VRMs.  They use completely different components, and the grade of components is different.  There is a ton of evidence or people with FX chips not working with anything less than 6+2 VRM phases.  This is not theory, this is actually happening.

1. The base components for every single VRM are the same, they may be implemented differently but they perform the same job. (Stepping down the voltage from the PSU to the voltage the CPU requires)
  2. The grade of the component depends on the manufacturer and the cost of the motherboard as with any other computer part (though some companies such as Asus try to sell lemons as apples).
  3. The 'in theory' was a stab at what FX cpus should be able to run on, and can't. The sheer fact that they need a higher VRM phase count to run properly than an Intel CPU at the same power rating makes me think that AMD are trying to portray their FX cpus as being more efficient than they really are. (This is also more proof that they are closer to Intel P4s than they are to newer cpus, even though it is a different architecture.)
  4. Comparing the way I am is a good way to show just how little AMD has advanced in the efficiency department since 2008, which was when my Xeon was released, and which is also able to beat any FX cpu at the same clock, running with AMD's equivalent of 4 cores.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

My opinions varied.

When released, a godsend for budget video makers (wanting an i7). but now... @Faceman has it all covered pretty well and I agree with it completely, plus this DOES get posted almost daily as a topic, and while people are sick of the threads, they will keep on coming until ZEN arrives, this wall of text 'as it's put' is a great bit of information for a proposed buyer,... as well as I have experienced the difference myself with my Intel&AMD rig sharing the same room and comparisons were easily made.

I thank those who helped collab the information, making it easier for the un-initiated.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

• The grade of the component depends on the manufacturer and the cost of the motherboard as with any other computer part (though some companies such as Asus try to sell lemons as apples).
  • The 'in theory' was a stab at what FX cpus should be able to run on, and can't. The sheer fact that they need a higher VRM phase count to run properly than an Intel CPU at the same power rating makes me think that AMD are trying to portray their FX cpus as being more efficient than they really are. (This is also more proof that they are closer to Intel P4s than they are to newer cpus, even though it is a different architecture.)

And this is why you cannot compare cross platform.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I'm really hoping ZEN will be coming soon, AMD needs to lay off the gfx card game and get back to work on cpus. 

no, they should not. they MUST push at both boundaries, as if they slow down at GPUs the same will happen as now on CPUs

They have the GPU division that is competing and offers great performance.