4790K loud while playing Crysis 3.

sew999

Hi. When playing Crysis 3 my cpu making loud noise. Is this normal? I am using stock box cooling. Its something bad with cooler ?
I have heard that even stock box coolers must be quiet.
Here is the link with sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=og6al3z7vxg

I am using 4790K stock with box cooler.

First 10 seconds , that noise i am having when playing Crysis 3. Is this normal or something wrong?

stock coolers are usually quiet in the beginning, but get really loud after a while since the fan is just crap. try looking in an aftermarket cpu cooler. something for around 30$ will do

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-120mm/dp/B0068OI7T8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1420485567&sr=8-6&keywords=evo

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

I think it's a bad mount, 50°C idle is way too much.

Check if all the pins are mounted correctly and re-apply thermal paste if the cooler is mounted properly.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

You are using stock cooler which is bad at full load.

You can buy a cheap Air Cooler like Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

The boxed cooler is the same unit as with the i5-4670K, which doesn't have HT and only a 3.6ghz 4C load instead of 4.0ghz. Boxed cooler is severely underpowered for the i7-4790K, buy an upgrade.

The boxed cooler is the same unit as with the i5-4670K, which doesn't have HT and only a 3.6ghz 4C load instead of 4.0ghz. Boxed cooler is severely underpowered for the i7-4790K, buy an upgrade.

i agree...the 4790K is basicaly a factory overclocked part from intel and even though the stock cooler has the copper core in it it's still not enough to cool down such a beastly CPU...look for a 30$ hyper 212 cooler as this is what is offering the best bang for the buck and is very quiet as well and will allow you to overclock the CPU further if you ever feel like it in the future.

It will help your CPU lasting longer because it will run cooler as well.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

• 2 months later...

I have a 4790k That makes noise too. Its not the fan thats making the noise.. the processor makes little clicking noises.. Really fast little clicking noises. I guess thats the best way to describe it. Had a friend who works at micro center bring another processor over just to double check. He threw a 2 core pentuim in and its silent. then i returned my old 4790k for a new one. With the new one the processing noise is still there. Its quiet during idle. Loud and annoying during gameplay. Mines coupled with the Maximus vii Motherboard. Any Idea why its so loud during gameplay? I havnt overclocked anything and i have stock cooler with regular temps! Perhaps its just this CPU?!

Case: Corsair 760T White PSU: Corsair AX1200i Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula CPU: I7-4790k Cooler: Stock Cooler Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400mhz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Same thing with my i5 4690k stock cooler, loud as a hair dryer when playing cpu intensive games like watch dogs and crysis 3.

Thankfully it's still below 80c

I have a 4790k That makes noise too. Its not the fan thats making the noise.. the processor makes little clicking noises.. Really fast little clicking noises. I guess thats the best way to describe it. Had a friend who works at micro center bring another processor over just to double check. He threw a 2 core pentuim in and its silent. then i returned my old 4790k for a new one. With the new one the processing noise is still there. Its quiet during idle. Loud and annoying during gameplay. Mines coupled with the Maximus vii Motherboard. Any Idea why its so loud during gameplay? I havnt overclocked anything and i have stock cooler with regular temps! Perhaps its just this CPU?!

The cpu cannot make noise, it's most likely coming from the motherboard, some sort of coil while.

The CPU cannot make noise, it's most likely coming from the motherboard, some sort of coil while.

When i type coil whine, I too find myself typing coil while as a typo just like you did  .... very interesting. But yea its definitely coil whine of some sort. I swapped the processor and the noise went away. I'm aware that processors don't make noise lol but the noise is because of my processor. Maybe that says it better.

Case: Corsair 760T White PSU: Corsair AX1200i Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula CPU: I7-4790k Cooler: Stock Cooler Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400mhz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

When i type coil whine, I too find myself typing coil while as a typo just like you did  .... very interesting. But yea its definitely coil whine of some sort. I swapped the processor and the noise went away. I'm aware that processors don't make noise lol but the noise is because of my processor. Maybe that says it better.

More because of the power draw than the processor itself, if you were to disable  two cores or underclock it significantly, the noise would most likely go away as it did with the low power pentium.

More because of the power draw than the processor itself, if you were to disable  two cores or underclock it significantly, the noise would most likely go away as it did with the low power pentium.

Well its actually the combination of my MOBO and CPU because either component i switch out seems to make the noise go away. The only thing i havnt been able to test is an identical motherboard because there too much money. Id have to RMA it .. Do you think it would be worth it to do that or do you think the noise would still be there. i tried the 4790k on a cheaper msi mobo and it didnt make any noise

Well its actually the combination of my MOBO and CPU because either component i switch out seems to make the noise go away. The only thing i havnt been able to test is an identical motherboard because there too much money. Id have to RMA it .. Do you think it would be worth it to do that or do you think the noise would still be there. i tried the 4790k on a cheaper msi mobo and it didnt make any noise

I think doing an RMA on your motherboard is the only way you're gonna get rid of it. Your choice if you rather deal with an RMA or keep it as it is.