Kinda screwed up with cloning SSD and need some urgent help..

Jeroen1322

Hi guys!

I got a new SSD and want to clone my old one to my new one but it wasn't showing up so in storage menagerie i formated it and stuff and fooled around with it and it shows 120GB free of 120GB but i can't clone my old drive to it. This is what i get on screen with the software i use: post-14387-0-40675400-1420482215.png

In the storage manager it shows that the drive is MBR, just as my C drive.

i can't use WD or Samsung clone software because i don't have a WD or Samsung drive. And yes, i've tried. 

I don't know what to do and need some help!

Thanks! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

A few questions:

1. What is the exact problem? What happens when you select the drive (if you can) and click Next?
  2. Which drive in that screenshot is the problem drive (Disk0, Disk 1, Disk2, etc?)
  3. Which version of AOMEI Backupper are you using (huge difference between 1.6.2 and 2.0)?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The SSD has been formatted as GPT and your old one is MBR. Can't clone from MBR to GPT. Use disk part to clean the new SSD.

Most cloning software don't require you to create the partition first, the cloning process should do it automatically for you.

What brand is your SSD? Some will have their own cloning software on their site.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Hi guys!

I got a new SSD and want to clone my old one to my new one but it wasn't showing up so in storage menagerie i formated it and stuff and fooled around with it and it shows 120GB free of 120GB but i can't clone my old drive to it. This is what i get on screen with the software i use:  Capture.PNG

In the storage manager it shows that the drive is MBR, just as my C drive.

i can't use WD or Samsung clone software because i don't have a WD or Samsung drive. And yes, i've tried. 

I don't know what to do and need some help!

Thanks! 

Hey Jeroen1322,

@NumLock21 gave you some good advice. As a note there it says that this particular software does not support cross disk format cloning and you have to have the new SSD as MBR. Do have in mind that if you use your new SSD as MBR you might not get the full potential of it an miss on some important features. I see that your old SSD is a 60GB one so I'm guessing you have your OS plus a program or two on it. 
I would suggest a fresh install to avoid the formatting problems as well as any potential driver issue or data corruption issue. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/