Ubisoft poll hints at future Farcry settings

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Am i the only one who finds far cry boring (Singleplayer) and will at best watch a playthrough for few minutes on youtube ?

you are the only one here 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

So they are basically asking which fictional setting you already know and love would you like us to copy.

Seriously

futuristic scifi= Borderlands

Post apocalyptic= Fallout

Spaghetti Western= Red Dead Redemption

Zombies= every fucking game ever made

you must realize Red Dead redemption didn't invent Spaghetti Western, nor did borderlands created futuristic scifi, just because you can name some games that are the same genre that are mentioned here, doesn't mean they all are used up and nothing new to be created in the same genre 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

And please optimize them well for PC, tanks Ubisoft!  :D

Just wait till they don't optimize it at all for pc..

FC games are the best optimized games from ubisoft* , i'm sure some driver updates and patches it's gonna run just find as all the old FC games 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Over 9000.

and yet another poster who always seem to say something negative to please the crowd . i'm not talking abt you in general , but when does badwagon of hating Game companies stop ? it's kinda getting stale 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

and yet another poster who always seem to say something negative to please the crowd . i'm not talking abt you in general , but when does badwagon of hating Game companies stop ? it's kinda getting stale 

Not talking about me but you directly quote me and say "another poster"? Think what you will. My words are my own and I hate Far Cry. Ubisoft has failed because it is the truth. Sometimes there are just reasons to hate a game company—one of those is when they screw customers over time and time again. Luckily I wasn't born blind, so I can see the reasons why Ubisoft is absolute trash.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Farcry in the future on another planet WITH dinosaurs.. I'd buy that!

Also FC in mad max style game is fallout

With the exception of Far Cry 2 and Blood Dragon, Ubisoft has done nothing good with the series, Crytek should have never sold to them.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

A western would be awesome, imagine, red dead redemption but first person....

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Am i the only one who finds far cry boring (Singleplayer) and will at best watch a playthrough for few minutes on youtube ?

Not at all. Far cry 3 on easy with Ziggys mod Hardcore mode is awesome.

Steve

Over 9000.

So thats 1 topic behind GTA V topics count :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

How about Far Cry: Played it last year where they change the map and protagonist but leave everything else exactly the same...

Oh wait. They already did that didn't they.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

With the exception of Far Cry 2 and Blood Dragon, Ubisoft has done nothing good with the series, Crytek should have never sold to them.

They didn't did they. I know Crytek made the game but didn't Ubisoft always own the brand?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

They didn't did they. I know Crytek made the game but didn't Ubisoft always own the brand?

it was Ubisoft's brand , Crytek helped in creating FC 1 with Cry Engine 1 , then Ubisoft completely created a new Engine "Dunia" and made FC 2 , while Crytek were busy with Crysis

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

How about Far Cry: Played it last year where they change the map and protagonist but leave everything else exactly the same...

Oh wait. They already did that didn't they.

the poll was for a new experimental game like they did it with FC 3 Blood Dragon , i can only agree with you on FC 3 vs FC 4 , except that each FC game was different 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Blood Dragon was good but I'm not sure I would want a Blood Dragon 2.

Such surveys are not uncommon. The reason they are often not leaked is because of non-disclosure agreements and whatnot. I've done a lot of surveys in the past and a fair few related to games. the types of questions normally asked often relate to a title in development or planning stages, so they use surveys to gather feedback on settings, story, gameplay mechanics etc. More complete games may let you choose from various art works and character names.

I remember years ago completing a survey about Fosters Gold (Before it was announced or released). All I had to do was choose what bottle art I liked the most. The best part is I got a free case sent to me :)

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

I'm sort of in the same situation. I feel like picking one Far Cry game (2, 3, or 4) and playing it once is enough. I made the mistake of playing 3 after finishing 2 and completely losing my appetite for any more games based on the same open-world formula.

I don't feel like any of them are particularly bad games, but you really only need to pick one and play it once.

Some of these options for a future Far Cry game sound potentially interesting, but jesus, the setting is my least concern by far with this franchise.

4 has been better than I expected.

I'd like to see one in alaska, maybe with zombies.

Because reasons.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

No vampire one please but i have a rather urge to play western games after hearing that yes please :)

4 has been better than I expected.

I'd like to see one in alaska, maybe with zombies.

Because reasons.

Yea, there isnt enough zombie games hah. (Sarcasm, but maybe not) There is not a single zombieb breathtaking game.

We shall see what this year brings us. Maybe zombie mode on GTA V during halloween LOL.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Yea, there isnt enough zombie games hah. (Sarcasm, but maybe not) There is not a single zombieb breathtaking game.

We shall see what this year brings us. Maybe zombie mode on GTA V during halloween LOL.

That's been my problem, none of them have quite done it correctly. Each has it's own horrible problems

DayZ: Can't live long enough to enjoy it, horrible engine, horrible controls, etc

Dead Rising: 3rd person, comedy based

State of Decay: came the closest compared to the rest, but was released as an indie game, didn't look that great, had some bugs occasionally, not long enough or customizable enough. (despite there being mods on NM, there aren't any that expand the game etc.)

That's all I've really played, but none have come close to what I desire from a zombie survival game.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The ones set in Peru and Vietnam sound pretty good.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

NONE of them

how about thinking up some original ideas?

Far Cry 1 > every other far cry

But far cry 2 was so realistic. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That's been my problem, none of them have quite done it correctly. Each has it's own horrible problems

DayZ: Can't live long enough to enjoy it, horrible engine, horrible controls, etc

Dead Rising: 3rd person, comedy based

State of Decay: came the closest compared to the rest, but was released as an indie game, didn't look that great, had some bugs occasionally, not long enough or customizable enough. (despite there being mods on NM, there aren't any that expand the game etc.)

That's all I've really played, but none have come close to what I desire from a zombie survival game.

What about left4dead.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650