Who else is tired of the "same game a year/other year"?

ErickS89

I'm pretty much burned out of the same game that's released every year with little not no changes in game play, fire and shoot!  

They're getting stale and don't even try to immerse you into the game...

I'm not hating on the genre I'm hating on the companies just adding another number to the title with barely any changes!  

So who else is getting tired of this?

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

This has been the case for quite a while and although more people are starting to see this with certain games like call of duty, battlefield and assassin's creed as long as the companies involved will get the cash they will keep milking that cash cow until the cash-milk goes dry.

I'm pretty much burned out of the same game that's released every year with little not no changes in game play, fire and shoot!  

They're getting stale and don't even try to immerse you into the game...

I'm not hating on the genre I'm hating on the companies just adding another number to the title with barely any changes!  

So who else is getting tired of this?

your post is very similar to that of one i saw yesterday talking about the industry as a whole and how the quality of videogames is going downhill, i honestly play indie games and minecraft and whatnot more then any other game i own, i almost feel like having a balls to the walls gaming pc is worthless now days because of the lack of quality games to play anymore

This has been the case for quite a while and although more people are starting to see this with certain games like call of duty, battlefield and assassin's creed as long as the companies involved will get the cash they will keep milking that cash cow until the cash-milk goes dry.

Assassins creed is in a different boat than COD and Battlefield.  Battlefield and COD you just run around and shoot your targets, assassins creed while technically the same at least tries to bring you into the game.  The Ezio trilogy was awesome!

your post is very similar to that of one i saw yesterday talking about the industry as a whole and how the quality of videogames is going downhill, i honestly play indie games and minecraft and whatnot more then any other game i own, i almost feel like having a balls to the walls gaming pc is worthless now days because of the lack of quality games to play anymore

No, fun games are released and more often than you think but it's just games like COD or BF that get any media attention.  Take Japan for example, they hated the games that were on the system so much MS actually pulled out of Japan.   The PS3 had some awesome games but were not released outside of Japan.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Assassins creed is in a different boat than COD and Battlefield.  Battlefield and COD you just run around and shoot your targets, assassins creed while technically the same at least tries to bring you into the game.  The Ezio trilogy was awesome!

No more ezio, no more assassin's creed for me.

Ubi have confirmed at least 2 more games to be developed in the series on top of black flag.

They are gonna milk that cow.

And I knew about AC3 for a year 1/2 before it was announced, they had the entire story and setting planned out for over a decade and planned out how many games it would take to complete.

I would not call that milking...  Especially after AC3 you know the game after the next would continue the story anyway. 

AC was meant to cover all area's of history up until present, so far that's 1100ad>2015.   I'm saying 2015 as that's when the last expected AC game is meant to be released anyway.

I guess you could put Zelda into the same boat as well, each main branch is released every 5 years.  AC is currently starting the 4th installment and will have 2 games, black flag and the rest of installment 4.  

Zelda Mechanically hasn't changed since 1987 and each release is pretty good.

I'm Batman!

No, fun games are released and more often than you think but it's just games like COD or BF that get any media attention.  Take Japan for example, they hated the games that were on the system so much MS actually pulled out of Japan.   The PS3 had some awesome games but were not released outside of Japan.

Isn't the point of FPS to shoot targets?

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

After years and years, we now have Call of Duty: Dogs...

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

You have to understand that it still has to be the same game, it can't have different mechanics. Practically it needs to play the same, otherwise it'll stop being CoD or MW and start being something else entirely. If you want a different game then there are plenty of different games out there, but you can't ask the developers to significantly change the gameplay just for you, because they won't nor would it make any sense. MW4 will be almost the same as MW3, as will MW5 and 6 and 7. It's a franchise. How do you think people who buy MW4 would react if the game turned out to be different from MW3? They would be really pissed off.

If you're tired of MW3 then try CoD. If you're tired of CoD then try CS. If you're tired of CS then try TF2. If you're tired of TF2 then try Shootmania, and so on. Don't expect a franchise to change. They don't have to change their game because you're tired of it, it's you who has to change the game you're playing.

You have to understand that it still has to be the same game, it can't have different mechanics. Practically it needs to play the same, otherwise it'll stop being CoD or MW and start being something else entirely. If you want a different game then there are plenty of different games out there, but you can't ask the developers to significantly change the gameplay just for you, because they won't nor would it make any sense. MW4 will be almost the same as MW3, as will MW5 and 6 and 7. It's a franchise. How do you think people who buy MW4 would react if the game turned out to be different from MW3? They would be really pissed off.

If you're tired of MW3 then try CoD. If you're tired of CoD then try CS. If you're tired of CS then try TF2. If you're tired of TF2 then try Shootmania, and so on. Don't expect a franchise to change. They don't have to change their game because you're tired of it, it's you who has to change the game you're playing.

There still needs to be improvements. It's not a sequel if it's the same game.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

It will certainly improve, but if you're tired of MW or CoD gameplay then don't expect the sequel to be any different. Because even though they do add new features to the game the core playstyle is almost exactly the same. They're not going to risk pissing off their customers and change the playstyle, that's not going to happen. If you're getting tired of the franchise then vote with your wallet and get a game you do enjoy playing.