Pentium 3 650 Blade Server

DrkNinja

I have a Pentium 3 650 Blade Server, and I have no idea what to do with it. It was given to me and I am tired of it just sitting there, any ideas?

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X | AORUS X670 Elite AX  | G.Skill DDR5 6000Mhz 2x16GB DIMMs

MSI RTX 4070 | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | 2 1TB WD HDDs

I have a Pentium 3 650 Blade Server, and I have no idea what to do with it. It was given to me and I am tired of it just sitting there, any ideas?

Put 2k/XP on it and play around for a bit

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

linux = win

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Take it to your local range and put some holes in it. If shooting is not for you, give it the local tech collection depot that will melt it for the metals in it. I don't see much of a use for it.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

any ideas that aren't about destroying or throwing said server blade away

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X | AORUS X670 Elite AX  | G.Skill DDR5 6000Mhz 2x16GB DIMMs

MSI RTX 4070 | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | 2 1TB WD HDDs

Hang it on your wall? Why not?

But just put linux on it and try stuff with it. 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

WTF is a pentium 3? The only pentium i know of is a pentium G3258

In terms of performance per watt, its abysmal. Anything below a Pentium 4 in a server is useless in a modern context. If your intending on using it for a 24/7 server, toss it and grab something made within the last 7-10 years. If its just going to be a prototype/playing about with server, then by all means toss linux on it and play about! Enterprise grade stuff is great fun to play about with, and once your done with it, you can probably sell it for a profit. 

Its something that at this point should only be in a museum or set up in a safe place for target practice.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Probably not worth it with high power consumption and low performance. But just keep it lol

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

any ideas that aren't about destroying or throwing said server blade away

donate it to a charity for poor African children to use. The problem is that said african children will likely not have access to enough power to use it for anything.

Take it to a thrift store. But then you're effectively throwing it away, and trust me, no-one in their right mind would actually buy a Pentium III in this day and age, let alone use it. The thrift store will let it sit on their shelves for a few months before throwing the damn thing in the bin.

There is no real viable application for that server anymore. Just throw it away.

I got given 4 PowerEdge 1950 1u servers. they are xeon 5450's (core2 quads).

There is no real practical application that the p3 would serve - it dosnt have virtualization (as far as I know) however you could experiment with networking, web hosting, Linux use etc... and decide if a server is something you want before investing more cash into one.

You could always make a really cool coffee table

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_III

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

throw it away, its useless

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

If your able to, turn it into a media center, its what I'm doing with my old P3 desktop, the projects has hit a wall though since the mobo will not recognize a HDD over 40GB (note that I was able to get an old 32MB graphics card pushing 1080p with no problems).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL