Pebble or Pebble Steel

Dilski

Hej!

I have been wanting to get a smart watch for a while now. I've looked at them and they are all too expensive or crap for me with the exception of a pebble. It ticks all the right boxes in my opinion and is what a smart watch should be.

A friend got the Pebble Steel for Christmas and he loves it. I've had a play and I am going to buy a pebble watch.

However, the issue lies on which one I should buy. I have looked at prices for new and used and it seems the Steel will cost me twice as much. What does the steel have which the other doesn't and is the steel really worth the double price?

Thank you in advance!

Cuz the steel takes more time to manufacture than the regular pebble.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hej!

I have been wanting to get a smart watch for a while now. I've looked at them and they are all too expensive or crap for me with the exception of a pebble. It ticks all the right boxes in my opinion and is what a smart watch should be.

A friend got the Pebble Steel for Christmas and he loves it. I've had a play and I am going to buy a pebble watch.

However, the issue lies on which one I should buy. I have looked at prices for new and used and it seems the Steel will cost me twice as much. What does the steel have which the other doesn't and is the steel really worth the done price?

Thank you in advance!

The Steel looks much better, has a better screen and some extra features, watch Linus's video for more of what it does, I don't actually own a pebble or pebble steel (because i'm poor) but I think that its great

edit: It is worth the price

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

The Steel looks much better, has a better screen and some extra features, watch Linus's video for more of what it does, I don't actually own a pebble or pebble steel (because i'm poor) but I think that its great

I don't think there are any extra features on the steel, the software is the same and the electronic are almost exactly the same.

I don't think there are any extra features on the steel, the software is the same and the electronic are almost exactly the same.

still, the more robust gorilla glass screen and the new look is worth it to me, if only I have the money to get it, i spent all my saving on a new computer  ^_^

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

However, the issue lies on which one I should buy. I have looked at prices for new and used and it seems the Steel will cost me twice as much. What does the steel have which the other doesn't and is the steel really worth the double price?

They are quite literally the same on the inside, just different looks and materials. Keep in mind that stainless steel and glass are much more expensive to produce and implement then plastic. In the end it feels and looks a lot nicer, but whether it's worth the cost or not is completely up to your personal preference. I would save my money and get the regular Pebble, my dad if given the choice would shell out the extra cash for the Steel without a single hesitation. 

"Rawr XD"

Its worth it for the better look and gorilla glass screen, not to mention the ability to load 8 watchfaces/apps instead of the original pebble's 4. I got a Pebble Steel at christmas and i think they're great.

PC Specs: i5 4690K, MSI GTX 970 Gaming, 16GB Crucial Ballistx Tactical at 1866Mhz, MSI Guard Pro, 120GB Crucial MX100, 4TB HGST HDD, NZXT H440 Black/Blue

Phone: Oneplus 3 w/ Moto 360 2nd gen

Consoles: New 3DS XL, Xbox One, Nintendo switch soon hopefully.