DARK SOULS II - $14.79 USD

Katsu-K1L

Eh with the controversy over some sort of HD / better looking version coming out and people who bought the original not getting an update I am not sure many people will be interested in buying anything Dark Souls right now.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I read somewhere that they are planning to release "new" DS2 like enhanced for PC? not sure if its true or not...but the article said it will not be free upgrade it will be seperate buy.

But still at that price i would say its a good buy :)

Edit: here

"It is complete. I have created a god. But I have no control over it."" -Ergo Proxy

I was so tempted... then I realized I STILL haven't finished the first one, and by the time I get around to finally doing it, I'll probably be able to get 2 during another sale for like 5 bucks.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

What's the point? "Definitive Edition" is coming.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

What's the point? "Definitive Edition" is coming.

ehh yea the remake is gonna be 60$ for a while so.....i got this while its cheap.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Got a refund on this game, so anyone else making a mistake buying it without knowledge of the "definitive" version can try it aswell.

I don't think i'm buying the definitive version until it's nearly free in some years time. I really don't want them to make much money on this re-release.

Shameful shit, from software.

Oh what?

I bought it a few days back thinking the graphical upgrade etc was free for PC players? :(

Honestly I was excited to get this game finally for 25 bucks and I did yesterday. Then I read this thread... had no clue about the revamped game. Then I got annoyed and was gonna try t be refund like someone said. But Fuck it. It's only 15 bucks. That article said April 3rd release date. If I enjoy this game for 4 months it will be worth it and I might buy the enhanced edition. If I don't like it, the it's only ,15 bucks...

Oh what?

I bought it a few days back thinking the graphical upgrade etc was free for PC players? :(

some patches are gonna come but the upgrade is going to be on DX11

My PC

Oh what?

Nope, if you haven't played it there is a chance you can get a refund. 

Honestly I was excited to get this game finally for 25 bucks and I did yesterday. Then I read this thread... had no clue about the revamped game. Then I got annoyed and was gonna try t be refund like someone said. But Fuck it. It's only 15 bucks. That article said April 3rd release date. If I enjoy this game for 4 months it will be worth it and I might buy the enhanced edition. If I don't like it, the it's only ,15 bucks...

You mean you'd actually buy into a business practice so horrible at full retail? Have you no spine? :/

Nope, if you haven't played it there is a chance you can get a refund. 

You mean you'd actually buy into a business practice so horrible at full retail? Have you no spine? :/

of course its a total scumbag move by this company for sure. but i always wanted to try DS2 and the price is right for me. then again i hated the first one so who knows.

People crying over the "HD" edition... guys it's only $14 vs $60 when they release the "HD" edition.  :rolleyes:  

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Eh with the controversy over some sort of HD / better looking version coming out and people who bought the original not getting an update I am not sure many people will be interested in buying anything Dark Souls right now.

What controversy? The only thing the new version has over the old is the newer graphics. And it's going to be a lot more than $15. Everyone gets all the new content, including people who already own the old game.

You mean you actually give a shit about MUH GRAFIX when the game already looks great and is a third of the price?

of course its a total scumbag move by this company for sure. but i always wanted to try DS2 and the price is right for me. then again i hated the first one so who knows.

I was talking about buying the re-release if you enjoyed DS2. That means you know the game could've just been patched, but willingly pay a dev pulling this shit. Just so you can enjoy a few extra perks. Don't you understand that it's this specific behaviour which is why we have those practices to begin with? That Day-One DLC's, unfinished games and cut content for future DLC sales or pre-order bonusses would've not been still present had people opted to deny themselves that one game just so they can vote away the bad practice?

This does not only apply to games either. This applies to all consumer/producer relations. They put out feelers or tests to gauge consumer behaviour, and adjust accordingly to the results. When you don't say no to bad practices, with your wallet mostly, nothing will change. I really people would start looking at the responsibilities they have as a consumer, and not play the victim card the whole time afterwards.

I asked for a refund on steam because of this very principle, had i known the enhancement was planned at purchase, i wouldn't have bought it either. And eventhough i absolutely love dark souls, i won't buy the second game until it's in the bargain bin at a steamdeal (<5 dollar) so they make nearly nothing out of my purchase. I might just not buy it at all, deciding how much of a dick From Software is going to be with this ordeal.

You mean you actually give a shit about MUH GRAFIX when the game already looks great and is a third of the price?

No, you misunderstood me completely. See above.

What controversy? The only thing the new version has over the old is the newer graphics. And it's going to be a lot more than $15. Everyone gets all the new content, including people who already own the old game.

I'm not certain but I think some content is exclusive to scholar of the first sin. I could be wrong on that though. Other than that its also dx11 which is not coming to the standard game. Depending on how it turns out, it could turn ds2 into a ghost town since ds2 and scholar aren't compatible... 

then again i hated the first one so who knows.

What are you...casual? 

What are you...casual? 

The game is too "Hard" lol

fookin casuals

My PC

I was talking about buying the re-release if you enjoyed DS2. That means you know the game could've just been patched, but willingly pay a dev pulling this shit. Just so you can enjoy a few extra perks. Don't you understand that it's this specific behaviour which is why we have those practices to begin with? That Day-One DLC's, unfinished games and cut content for future DLC sales or pre-order bonusses would've not been still present had people opted to deny themselves that one game just so they can vote away the bad practice?

This does not only apply to games either. This applies to all consumer/producer relations. They put out feelers or tests to gauge consumer behaviour, and adjust accordingly to the results. When you don't say no to bad practices, with your wallet mostly, nothing will change. I really people would start looking at the responsibilities they have as a consumer, and not play the victim card the whole time afterwards.

I asked for a refund on steam because of this very principle, had i known the enhancement was planned at purchase, i wouldn't have bought it either. And eventhough i absolutely love dark souls, i won't buy the second game until it's in the bargain bin at a steamdeal (<5 dollar) so they make nearly nothing out of my purchase. I might just not buy it at all, deciding how much of a dick From Software is going to be with this ordeal.

No, you misunderstood me completely. See above.

u get all the dlc's for 60 bucks whats the big deal

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

sigh. the PC controls are fucking atrocious. need a controller now..

A controller is HIGHLY recommended.

That is not true.  That is not what was said on Steam.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

u get all the dlc's for 60 bucks whats the big deal

The problem is that the old version becomes obsolete, seperate servers for multiplayer and the fact that you can't upgrade the old version to the new. You can't buy something like an "enhancement" DLC. So if you have the game now, with DLC's, in order to play multiplayer with someone with the new version, you have to rebuy the whole game with added DLC.