AMD 8350 vs i7 4790K

Go to solution Solved by TorqueS,

You can't compare those CPUs.Okay you can as they are consumer flagships but other than that..

The i7 costs almost twice as the 8350. 

If you're on a budget, the 8350 would seem like a good idea. 

If you have the money for an i7 4790K, then by all means, go for it. It's superior to the FX in every aspect(multi-threaded performance, single-threaded performance, power consumption etc.)

I'm an AMD guy as well, but I can't deny the superiority of the 4790K.

Good luck with your new PC!

So I have been looking at getting one of these CPUs but not too sure which one I should choose. 

Please don't just start an AMD vs Intel war because it isn't about that I want to hear actually a decent reason why I should get one over the other

AMD holds a deep place in my heart, but for literally almost everything the i7 4790K will simply destroy it

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I guess it would depend on what you are using it for, but the 4790k is surperior in basically every aspect.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

The 8350 is an octocore for a lot cheaper than the i7-4790k, but is also worse in overall performance. The i7-4790k is one of the most powerful CPUs available on the market, and the 8350 is an aging CPU. Unless you have an AMD-fanboyism there is little reason to consider it instead of an i5-4690k/i7-4790k.

For gaming, you generally want fewer fast cores, which the i7 provides, the 8350 chugs behind more on-par with the i5-4690k. For more professional scenarios you also want the stronger of the CPUs, If you can afford the intel option - go for it. It'll not disappoint, AMD is more for budget orientated systems. If you had to go AMD I'd rather check the newer FX9590 instead of the older 8350.

@MrGannyK follow your threads to see notifications. And welcome to our community :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

AMD holds a deep place in my heart, but for literally almost everything the i7 4790K will simply destroy it

I guess it would depend on what you are using it for, but the 4790k is surperior in basically every aspect.

In what areas is it better though?

I'll be using it for livestreaming and playing Minecraft and BF4

4790K wrecks The FX 8350 but if you're just gaming and Don't intened to do any serious editing work go for the i5 4690k

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

The 4790K is better in every way. The 8350 is a decent competitor to an i5, especially if you want use it for something that requires lots of cores over fewer, faster cores. In those situations it would do better than the i5, but it would be devastated by the i7 at just about everything.

There are none. If you were comparing it to a i5 it would be a different story.

For livestreaming and gaming the i7 would dominate

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

The 8350 is an octocore for a lot cheaper than the i7-4790k, but is also worse in overall performance. The i7-4790k is one of the most powerful CPUs available on the market, and the 8350 is an aging CPU. Unless you have an AMD-fanboyism there is little reason to consider it instead of an i5-4690k/i7-4790k.

Would the 4790K last longer as well?

if you don't want to overclock a Hyperthreaded Xeon will be really awesome, its priced similarly to an i5 but has 8 threads so it will help with streaming

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117316

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

4790K wrecks The FX 8350 but if you're just gaming and Don't intened to do any serious editing work go for the i5 4690k

I'm going to be livestreaming and recording as well :) 

Yes it will more than FX 8350!

I'm going to be livestreaming and recording as well :)

Its good for live streaming and recording too.

For livestreaming and gaming the i7 would dominate

Would it still be able to handle me livestreaming gaming and recording at the same time?

More performamce per core: i7 4790k

Best price to performamce ratio: FX 8350

there completly different price brackets.

the i7 wrecks it

So it's just a case of paying the premium for the longevity and the performance 

Would it still be able to handle me livestreaming gaming and recording at the same time?

definitely, as long as your GPU is decent aswell. Although, like recommended above a Xeon will do the same thing for cheaper, unless you want to overclock :)

Both would last equally long, but the 4790k is a stronger CPU and therefore will compete with the future generations with less of a dip than the AMD option, in short it'd be relevent for longer. You still see people keeping up with the older i7-2500k CPUs even in what is soon to be 2015; you don't see as many people with few-year-old AMD CPUs keeping up. 

For Streaming, Minecraft and AAA titles, the i7 will offer the best performance, and the least bottle neck even over the greatest of GPUs; even in multi-GPU configurations.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Yes it will more than FX 8350!

Its good for live streaming and recording too.

It seems like it's ticking all the boxes :D

I've never looked at the Xeon Range because I thought that they were expensive 

get this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117316&cm_re=xeon_1231-_-19-117-316-_-Product It's an i7 but doesn't overclock :) save yourself 100 bucks lol

definitely, as long as your GPU is decent aswell. Although, like recommended above a Xeon will do the same thing for cheaper, unless you want to overclock :)

I'm going to be getting a GTX 970 :)