AMD 8350 vs i7 4790K

Go to solution Solved by TorqueS,

You can't compare those CPUs.Okay you can as they are consumer flagships but other than that..

The i7 costs almost twice as the 8350. 

If you're on a budget, the 8350 would seem like a good idea. 

If you have the money for an i7 4790K, then by all means, go for it. It's superior to the FX in every aspect(multi-threaded performance, single-threaded performance, power consumption etc.)

I'm an AMD guy as well, but I can't deny the superiority of the 4790K.

Good luck with your new PC!

Both would last equally long, but the 4790k is a stronger CPU and therefore will compete with the future generations with less of a dip than the AMD option, in short it'd be relevent for longer. You still see people keeping up with the older i7-2500k CPUs even in what is soon to be 2015; you don't see as many people with few-year-old AMD CPUs keeping up. 

For Streaming, Minecraft and AAA titles, the i7 will offer the best performance, and the least bottle neck even over the greatest of GPUs; even in multi-GPU configurations.

I guess the 4790K is going to be a great CPU for my needs then :)

Ahh I'll be probably overclocking to 4.6ghz 

ah, in that case definitely get the i7 :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

ah, in that case definitely get the i7 :)

I know this might be a bit of a stupid question but what do you think my CPU percentage will be at if I was streaming gaming and recording at the same time?

Everyone is going to suggest 4790K. Not gonna and get it!

What?

What?

oh i am sorry. Its than stupid auto corrector. I meant now go and get it m8!

oh i am sorry. Its than stupid auto corrector. I meant now go and get it m8!

Haha no problem! I'll be getting it on Friday when payday rolls around :D 

I know this might be a bit of a stupid question but what do you think my CPU percentage will be at if I was streaming gaming and recording at the same time?

no idea, I'm more of an AMD guy myself lol

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

no idea, I'm more of an AMD guy myself lol

Haha when an AMD guy is saying the 4790K is better than the 8350 I guess I HAVE to buy the 4790K :)

AMD holds a deep place in my heart, but for literally almost everything the i7 4790K will simply destroy it

An i5 would too.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Haha when an AMD guy is saying the 4790K is better than the 8350 I guess I HAVE to buy the 4790K :)

yep, it burns my heart but there's no denying it ;)

8350 is similar to 4690k or rather 3570k

You can't compare those CPUs.Okay you can as they are consumer flagships but other than that..

If you have the money for an i7 4790K, then by all means, go for it. It's superior to the FX in every aspect(multi-threaded performance, single-threaded performance, power consumption etc.)

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Thank you for your contribution that seems to lay the cards on the table really well!