I've used these racing seats for a while (too short to be able to make proper judgement of them), but I find that they advertise the need of a "racing" style seat too much. While I get that they can be very comfortable and all, I personally find that the hype behind them is way bigger than it should be. I myself opted for a Ergohuman V2 when the choice for a new chair arose, and could not have been happier with this decision. The price difference isn't that big once you go over the $200,- mark for a chair, so if you're going to spend that much on a chair, why not buy an actual chair instead of a racing seat with loose cushions and what not. I'm 1.96 metres btw, or 6 foot 5.

I would like to see a budget chair video on general PC work usage. Something in the 100-200$ range to review and compare for the general-gaming PC users. (I'd consider a recliner to be more comfortable at this point.)

Luke should try the chairs that you review too, since some of us are taller and with bigger frames :)

i would love a good gaming/office chair like this, but i like my chairs just a bit bigger than this one.

Also, anybody notice this: on the right side, somebody holding the light reflector couldn't perfectly still xD

post-2691-0-77048700-1419953667_thumb.jp

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I currently operate from the couch, but am probably going to be shifting gears (onto a desk/monitor) for my main station in the future so I'd love to see more chair videos. Anyone have any suggestions for desk must haves? I'm probably going to end up in a corner.

It looks nice though that is not really why you'd buy a chair, also it seems way too expensiv for what you get. I'd like to see some budget Chairs for a change.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 | CPU: Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6Ghz | CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333 CL9 | GPU: HD 7950 PCS+ | PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro M 500 | Case: CM 690 II Advanced | HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 @ 500GB | SSD: Samsung 840 @120GB

Yes, would like to see more chair videos, and maybe even foot rest videos.

For anyone in the UK I suggest this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004G91RMG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Far cheaper and its more comfy imo.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Anyone know of a store in BC where I can try one out??

Really want one because the chairs at my dorm suck. Thinking of bringing in my own chair, but my current chair's cushions are dying.. I can literally feel the framing so after awhile my butt gets sore haha.

Willing to drop $350-ish cause to be completely honest, these chairs come with many features and the material seems nice. There are a lot of office chairs that are over $400.. like the one I have right now but it's honestly pretty uncomfortable. I sit with more of an upright posture but if I want to sit as such in my current chair my back doesn't come into contact with the chair at all. Top tier right there.

Anyone know how long these cushions (are supposed to) last for?

I think Memory Express in Richmond has them on display, but I would definitely call to make sure before heading down there.

I have an F-series and it definitely isn't that soft.

I think Linus' point was that, compared to the Maxnomic, the cushions are very soft. I've sat in both and I would have to agree - the DX Racer's cushions have more give, the Maxnomic's cushions are more solid and supportive.

i would love a good gaming/office chair like this, but i like my chairs just a bit bigger than this one.

Also, anybody notice this: on the right side, somebody holding the light reflector couldn't perfectly still xD

I'm pretty sure it was just attached to a c-stand with the wind blowing :P

I got the M-series a few months back and I have never looked back since.

I'm built about the same as Linus and I miss my chair everytime I use any other computer chair while not at home.

The most comfortable chair known to (gaming) man? :)

Linus it sounds like the D-series might be what you're looking for. I have this one http://www.dxracer.com/art36_dxracer-oh-da02-gn.html and it's got the firmer foam but it might be a little bigger than the F-series. I'm 6'4" and it's a little small for me, but I can deal. I wanted the K-series because it was the tallest, even taller than the M-series, but the price on the D-series was much nicer to cope with. Only thing is the D-series doesn't have adjustable arm rests, but they are semi-squishy instead of hard plastic like my last chair.

Praise the Lamp!

Linus I would LOVE if you guys did more chair reviews. Maybe even desks if they deliver a unique enough feature set. One of the reasons I personally like your channel so much is the mere diversity of products you cover, which has helped me to make informed purchase decisions (it goes without saying that you guys are also entertaining as hell to watch). So if you have the extra time and can get review units in, I think furniture that increases the comfort or functionality of the gaming/office experience would be a great addition to your channel!

My chair was only $20 lol! :P

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Boy I need a new chair badly, still have this vintage office chair from the 1960s. Them executive chairs looks nice and comfortable.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

It really looks like a $100 big box store office chair with a bit of flash and a reclining back added on.

Linus, I'd assume you don't want to spend the money... but you should really look into something like the Steelcase Leap. Yes, they are ~$1,000... but I work at an office supply company and we sell tons of them, so people think they are worth the money. A lot of the employees where I work have them, they get used 8 hours a day, are 10+ years old, and look/feel like brand new.

For more of a budget chair Offices To Go is a great option, I went with a OTG2787 for around $200 for my home office and have been very happy with it, but it does lack a lot of features. I typically sit in it for 2-3 hours at a time and never get any discomfort.

Anyone know of a store in BC where I can try one out??

Really want one because the chairs at my dorm suck. Thinking of bringing in my own chair, but my current chair's cushions are dying.. I can literally feel the framing so after awhile my butt gets sore haha.

Willing to drop $350-ish cause to be completely honest, these chairs come with many features and the material seems nice. There are a lot of office chairs that are over $400.. like the one I have right now but it's honestly pretty uncomfortable. I sit with more of an upright posture but if I want to sit as such in my current chair my back doesn't come into contact with the chair at all. Top tier right there.

Anyone know how long these cushions (are supposed to) last for?

Their Canadian warehouse is in South Surrey

http://www.dxracer.ca/category-s/1670.htm

I was there a couple weeks ago sitting in the different models. The only one they don't have on hand is the King series as it is in such demand they sell out before they arrive so chance to setup a display model.

You guys shot this video in the summer?  It's been either raining or cold or both in the past month and Linus is wearing only t shirt????

I'm still not sure what it is supposed to offer over a good standard desk chair, besides looking a bit try hard?

Chair doesn't look all that bad, it's a shame nobody makes really good, cheap chairs.

You guys shot this video in the summer?  It's been either raining or cold or both in the past month and Linus is wearing only t shirt????

Canadians just don't care I guess.

I badly need a new chair.  My current one was a freebie from a friend who couldn't use it at his work.  He claimed it was great, but that wasn't the case.  The padding is almost nonexistent on the seat and you can clear feel two bolts through what little is there (it's wearing through the fake leather); the back and arms can't be adjusted; and finally it doesn't actually fit under my desk so it has to sit out in my already cramped room.

Last place I worked had some pretty good chairs, but I can't remember what they were and I doubt they would be cheap.

I really need a gaming chair but too bad they dont ship to my country

my chair was only $180!

My chair was 5 at garage sale...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My chair was 5 at garage sale...

Lol but I live in Australia so everything is more expensive

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

the maxnomic is alot more firm but you can sit in it longer with less fatigue. and the arm rests are much better too. the build quality looks better to me also. i do own the maxnomic based on linus review. i have sat in this chair for 14 hrs in a day with no pain no butt ache.

I think Linus' point was that, compared to the Maxnomic, the cushions are very soft. I've sat in both and I would have to agree - the DX Racer's cushions have more give, the Maxnomic's cushions are more solid and supportive.

What I ment was that when the padding is squished(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Dz5SDQQus#t=179), your chair looks much softer than mine. Even though their website states that the different styles of the f-series is equally soft.

I also cannot feel the "wires" in my seat, and I'm probably a bit heavier than Linus :)

Maybe the NA model is different to the EU model?