Best Headset/phone&mic setup for $150?

joemomma22

my friend has about $150 to spend on some audio gear. he currently has a wireless headset but hes sick of it dieing on him. he likes my yeti but i told him we could come up with a better solution based on his budget because he would still only have the headset to listen until it died. best $150 solution?

my friend has about $150 to spend on some audio gear. he currently has a wireless headset but hes sick of it dieing on him. he likes my yeti but i told him we could come up with a better solution based on his budget because he would still only have the headset to listen until it died. best $150 solution?

Tek Syndicate just put up a long video about this with one of the guys from Mayflower (audio company & LTT forum goer)

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Tek Syndicate just put up a long video about this with one of the guys from Mayflower (audio company & LTT forum goer)

You gotta post the video bro.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

edit - damn, @WoodenMarker ninja'd me :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

You gotta post the video bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dj5G0isn9Y

That required me to put my steak fork & knife down for longer than the 10 seconds it took to reply.

Steak > Video hunt

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Might as well just rename this sub to "Tek Syndicate Youtube Channel" at this rate.

Might as well just rename this sub to "Tek Syndicate Youtube Channel" at this rate.

Let's get all the regulars and form a LTT audio subforum youtube channel! Maybe then people will start listening to us :D

I currently have the Sennheiser HD518 with a Zalman ZM-Mic1, but I've been considering switching to the ModMic 4.0. Would this be a good idea? I'm a bit hesitant, because the HD518s doesn't have any noise cancellation which I'm afraid that others would hear through the mic. Also, I'm unsure whether or not it'll stick to the HD518s because of the surface texture. IMG-0677s.jpg

I currently have the Sennheiser HD518 with a Zalman ZM-Mic1, but I've been considering switching to the ModMic 4.0. Would this be a good idea? I'm a bit hesitant, because the HD518s doesn't have any noise cancellation which I'm afraid that others would hear through the mic. Also, I'm unsure whether or not it'll stick to the HD518s because of the surface texture. 

If they can't hear it with the zalman than they will hear even less with the modmic. Although I personally think you should save up for better headphones first before you invest more into the mic. It should stick to that no problem though. 

Thanks everybody. After the video he ended up choosing the sennheiser g4me one headset. He loves it