I have MSI Z97 Gaming 5 , how to take complete use of onboard Audio

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

EDIT : I forgot there was an Audio section , i moved this thread out there 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278140-i-have-msi-z97-gaming-5-how-to-take-complete-use-of-onboard-audio/

I've merged the threads.

In the future, just report the thread to be moved instead of making another one.

As for your question:

Just install your drivers--nothing fancy.

I have MSI Z97-Gaming 5 LGA 1150 Intel Z97,it has a separate part of the Mobo separated for the Audio , please do tell me if i should configuring or if i should install some fancy driver for taking full advantage of it ? currently  i have installed realtek driver 

this Mobo : http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z97-GAMING-5.html#hero-overview

oHg1ZQm.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

so if anyone can help that'd be helpful 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

EDIT : I forgot there was an Audio section , i moved this thread out there 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278140-i-have-msi-z97-gaming-5-how-to-take-complete-use-of-onboard-audio/

I've merged the threads.

In the future, just report the thread to be moved instead of making another one.

As for your question:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've merged the threads.

sorry for the mishap , i will remember that next time 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

As for your question:

Disable all effects and get good headphones, and you should be good to go :)

Thanks for the help , i just saw linus's techquicke video , was concerned if i needed to do something to take advantage of them , there's an app by MSI called Sound Blaster Cinema 2 , should i install it or leave it be ? will it in anyway affect my hearing ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I have MSI Z97-Gaming 5 LGA 1150 Intel Z97,it has a separate part of the Mobo separated for the Audio , please do tell me if i should configuring or if i should install some fancy driver for taking full advantage of it ? currently  i have installed realtek driver 

this Mobo : http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z97-GAMING-5.html#hero-overview

It says right there on the picture you posted mate.

(Step 1: Go to the motherboard website and get the latest audio drivers for your motherboard)

Step 2: Direct audio power, you can plug a cable into the bottom right pins on the motherboard shown in the pic to supply direct power to the audio solution via molex. This supposedly give you better audio, although from the reviews I've seen it doesn't help much.

Step 3: Get good headphones as the motherboard is designed with this in mind.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Thanks for the help , i just saw linus's techquicke video , was concerned if i needed to do something to take advantage of them , there's an app by MSI called Sound Blaster Cinema 2 , should i install it or leave it be ? will it in anyway affect my hearing ? 

I tend to stay away from software like that for motherboards. It's usually more tacked on than well-planned out.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I wouldn't install it.

It says right there on the picture you posted mate.

(Step 1: Go to the motherboard website and get the latest audio drivers for your motherboard)

Step 2: Direct audio power, you can plug a cable into the bottom right pins on the motherboard shown in the pic to supply direct power to the audio solution via molex. This supposedly give you better audio, although from the reviews I've seen it doesn't help much.

Step 3: Get good headphones as the motherboard is designed with this in mind.

ya i have installed the drivers, was just confused if i had missed anything 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

• 2 weeks later...

Today I opened a thread with a quality problem I have with the MSI Z87-G45 Gaming that uses the same Codec. Can you please help me?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286316-poor-sound-quality-msi-z87-g45-gaming-sony-mdr-xb700/

have to set your setting to Studio quality ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker