Need Help With Opinions on X99 Boards

Woody

I work for Micro Center and we a part of Intel Retail Edge. They have a Winter and Summer deal so I got a 5930K for cheap (takes 6 weeks to ship that thing..) so I know the RAM I will be buying, (Cosair LPX...or Dominator) but I am stuck on what board to choose. 

I have it down between ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte. I've seen mixed reviews everywhere. Anandtech and Tom's Hardware all suggest that the Asrock boards are the recommended or "smart buy". I hate their color choices. But, that doesn't mean I'm not open to them. I'm looking to do a tiny bit of overclocking and eventually a second GTX 980. Regardless, will be easy with X99 but I want to know if there are any issues out there.

So if someone could lay it down for me and tell me the straight up answer on what are the best choices, not just one choice but multiple, that would help A LOT. I've heard Gigabyte has a lot of BIOS issues. I heard the same for the ASUS X99 Deluxe sooo... Even if you own one, that would also help. Tell me why you chose it and the pro's and con's. This build will be awesome and with your guy's help, can make this awesome. Can't wait to hear what answers there are!

-words-

I'd go Gigabyte SOC but that's cos i like Gigabytes big orange overclocking motherboards. 

Do prepare yourself for the huge amount of ASUS recommendations though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

ASUS boards are generally regarded as top tier. I have an MSI board (not x99 but same manufacturer so I will assume quality will be the same if not better) and I have had no bios issues with it or anything.

From what I know the general consensus on brands are something along these lines (please correct me if I'm wrong)

ASUs - one of if not the best

MSI - Aight

GB - Bios issues

ASROCK - Cheaper and aight

EVGA - We love EVGA!

you might want to get a second opinion. I am not too well versed in mobos

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Asus because they generally have nice build quality. (Talking about the brand. Not recommending a build yet.)

(I have never tested any of these parts, and I can therefore never guarantee no faults.)

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

Well I have an MSI Z87 board at the moment. It's served me over a year now so it has been kind. But I have that gut feeling that it isn't doing too well. Plus, it has a stupid bright blue led on the mobo that ruins any color you throw in there.