PC won't load windows or enter BIOS

Hunched
Go to solution Solved by Hunched,

I'm sweating.

It worked.

Remember the time you first built a PC, anticipating the moment of truth, multiply that by 100, that's how I felt after installing the new motherboard and pushing the power button.

Still no idea what the fuck went wrong.

Hopefully I don't run into any issues with Windows or drivers or anything software related, obviously everything in the BIOS is reset, hopefully that's all I need to spend time adjusting to how it was before all of this..

Hopefully this doesn't happen again, I don't know how to take precautions from an issue I still don't understand, don't know why this happened.

I'm just worried this will happen again with a new mobo, I don't understand if my PSU fried something or what.

I'll forever be scared to save and exit the BIOS because that appears to be what destroyed my motherboard, I guess I'm supposed to just hope it doesn't happen again?

I hope other components weren't damaged but I guess I won't know until I get a new mobo, power didn't go out and it's plugged into a surge protector anyway, but it shut off like the plug was pulled when I exited the BIOS.

I just don't know how to avoid this in the future and that pisses me off, I don't know what the **** even happened.

One last question, am I going to run into issues, like having to reinstall Windows or anything else of the sort if I get a new motherboard, or will I just be able to plug everything in and have it work?

I remember hearing something about Windows being locked to a mobo, but I think that was only if it was OEM, I own the retail version.

One last question, am I going to run into issues, like having to reinstall Windows or anything else of the sort if I get a new motherboard, or will I just be able to plug everything in and have it work?

I remember hearing something about Windows being locked to a mobo, but I think that was only if it was OEM, I own the retail version.

I think if it's a different MB then you will have to reinstall but I think there is a way around it not sure.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I think if it's a different MB then you will have to reinstall but I think there is a way around it not sure.

Ugh... Fun.

I'll be contacting Asus as soon as possible. 

I hate to keep asking, but does anyone have any insight to what even happened based off what I described?

At this point I'd just like to understand what even went wrong.

I saved and exited the BIOS like many times before and the only listed changes were case fan curves.

Is that a thing that can happen? That the motherboard just screws up saving some BIOS settings and no longer works?

I want to make sense of this all.

If I made a mistake I don't even know what it is.

I hope this is just something rare I'll probably never experience again, but I really don't know.

Ugh... Fun.

I'll be contacting Asus as soon as possible. 

I hate to keep asking, but does anyone have any insight to what even happened based off what I described?

At this point I'd just like to understand what even went wrong.

I saved and exited the BIOS like many times before and the only listed changes were case fan curves.

Is that a thing that can happen? That the motherboard just screws up saving some BIOS settings and no longer works?

I want to make sense of this all.

If I made a mistake I don't even know what it is.

I hope this is just something rare I'll probably never experience again, but I really don't know.

Like I said it's possessed there is no other explanation, I really would like to hear what ASUS would say, the MB you have is top notch in quality and reliability.  

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Like I said it's possessed there is no other explanation, I really would like to hear what ASUS would say, the MB you have is top notch in quality and reliability.  

It would be nice if Asus support mentioned some miracle button on the mobo nobody else suggested, but I'm not optimistic, I think I've tried everything, I've reset the CMOS at least 50 times as it's what everyone suggests everywhere.

I've unplugged absolutely everything from my motherboard besides the CPU Fan and power cables for the mobo and CPU and still nope.

When you're a newbie like myself, someone who has only owned a PC for a number of months, I feel like I'm stupid and probably missing something obvious that someone with more knowledge could fix easily, I blame myself.

I've tried everything suggested here and that I could find on Google repeatedly though. It always ignores my keyboard and my SSD with Windows. Can't enter BIOS if it ignores keyboard, doesn't enter Windows if it ignores SSD.

I hope it's only the mobo that's broken, the PC shut off aggressively and if it's the PSU that semi-fried it or something, every other component could be damaged too, but I can't really check that with a broken PC to test with.

At this point I'll be happy if Windows and all other components work exactly like they were before this happened when I get a new mobo, I don't want to spend forever troubleshooting and reconfiguring everything.

Thanks again for all the help though Cesrai, you are about half of this topic. 

Merry Christmas

It would be nice if Asus support mentioned some miracle button on the mobo nobody else suggested, but I'm not optimistic, I think I've tried everything, I've reset the CMOS at least 50 times as it's what everyone suggests everywhere.

I've unplugged absolutely everything from my motherboard besides the CPU Fan and power cables for the mobo and CPU and still nope.

When you're a newbie like myself, someone who has only owned a PC for a number of months, I feel like I'm stupid and probably missing something obvious that someone with more knowledge could fix easily, I blame myself.

I've tried everything suggested here and that I could find on Google repeatedly though. It always ignores my keyboard and my SSD with Windows. Can't enter BIOS if it ignores keyboard, doesn't enter Windows if it ignores SSD.

I hope it's only the mobo that's broken, the PC shut off aggressively and if it's the PSU that semi-fried it or something, every other component could be damaged too, but I can't really check that with a broken PC to test with.

At this point I'll be happy if Windows and all other components work exactly like they were before this happened when I get a new mobo, I don't want to spend forever troubleshooting and reconfiguring everything.

Thanks again for all the help though Cesrai, you are about half of this topic. 

Merry Christmas

No problem trying to help.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Whenever I need help, I always come here and to overclock.net

This post suggests I jump the PSU: http://www.overclock.net/t/1532226/is-my-motherboard-dead/10#post_23322508

I feel like I'm being dumb here, but how do I know if the PSU is on if the fan isn't spinning? 

I have an XFX XTR 550 and their website claims "Our fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan lower noise consistantly over long periods of operation and lastly our new digital IC extends fan life by adapting accurate detection and eliminating unnecessary fan rotations when turning on/off." 

...eliminating fan rotations when turning on/off...

It's either the PSU, Mobo, CPU, or RAM as they're the only things plugged in. If the PSU wrecked my mobo it probably wrecked everything else too, won't know if other things are wrecked until I can test them in a PC that actually boots.

Would have to RMA my whole PC... not sure all companies warranty covers replacing components due to a faulty PSU.

I don't know how to be certain enough to commit an RMA without trying other working parts in my PC but I don't have access to that. I feel like it's the mobo but I don't know that it's the mobo.

If I could be certain it is the mobo, I'd just buy another Asus Z97-A off NCIX and get it in like 2 days, RMA the one I have and get it back like a month later and sell it for less.

I'll just be weird and call the local PC store and see if they have any working used parts they could test on my PC, they should at least let me try a used PSU and RAM if they're cool.

I wish I could find anything on Google that sounded similar to what I'm experiencing. Only information my PC provides is a VGA warning, even without a GPU installed, useless...

This will probably be my last post as I think I've got all the help I can get, and it's just going to be me complaining forever if I continue.

Apparently I just have a super rare issue judging by Google results, and judging by how everyone is saying CMOS should work and it doesn't.

Hopefully it was a manufacturing defect and not something I did, because when I get a replacement part, everything is going to be exactly how I had it before this happened, so it will probably happen again if it was my fault.

I wish it was something obvious like I went crazy overclocking my GPU the second before this happened, would make things so much more obvious.

I can't avoid a problem I don't understand. Don't adjust case fan curves and save and exit the BIOS? The last thing I did.

F*** everything about all of this, nothing makes any sense.

Whenever I need help, I always come here and to overclock.net

This post suggests I jump the PSU: http://www.overclock.net/t/1532226/is-my-motherboard-dead/10#post_23322508

I feel like I'm being dumb here, but how do I know if the PSU is on if the fan isn't spinning? 

I have an XFX XTR 550 and their website claims "Our fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan lower noise consistantly over long periods of operation and lastly our new digital IC extends fan life by adapting accurate detection and eliminating unnecessary fan rotations when turning on/off." 

...eliminating fan rotations when turning on/off...

It's either the PSU, Mobo, CPU, or RAM as they're the only things plugged in. If the PSU wrecked my mobo it probably wrecked everything else too, won't know if other things are wrecked until I can test them in a PC that actually boots.

Would have to RMA my whole PC... not sure all companies warranty covers replacing components due to a faulty PSU.

I don't know how to be certain enough to commit an RMA without trying other working parts in my PC but I don't have access to that. I feel like it's the mobo but I don't know that it's the mobo.

If I could be certain it is the mobo, I'd just buy another Asus Z97-A off NCIX and get it in like 2 days, RMA the one I have and get it back like a month later and sell it for less.

I'll just be weird and call the local PC store and see if they have any working used parts they could test on my PC, they should at least let me try a used PSU and RAM if they're cool.

I wish I could find anything on Google that sounded similar to what I'm experiencing. Only information my PC provides is a VGA warning, even without a GPU installed, useless...

This will probably be my last post as I think I've got all the help I can get, and it's just going to be me complaining forever if I continue.

Apparently I just have a super rare issue judging by Google results, and judging by how everyone is saying CMOS should work and it doesn't.

Hopefully it was a manufacturing defect and not something I did, because when I get a replacement part, everything is going to be exactly how I had it before this happened, so it will probably happen again if it was my fault.

I wish it was something obvious like I went crazy overclocking my GPU the second before this happened, would make things so much more obvious.

I can't avoid a problem I don't understand. Don't adjust case fan curves and save and exit the BIOS? The last thing I did.

F*** everything about all of this, nothing makes any sense.

I really don't think it's your PSU it's a high quality PSU, you wouldn't know if the fan will spin it probably won't spin, it does power your PC right then I don't think it's defective, then come your MB which will be very weird if it's the MB because it's a high quality MB and also is your PSU, I would say go to your local store and try tell them you will pay 25$ or something just to test.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I really don't think it's your PSU it's a high quality PSU, you wouldn't know if the fan will spin it probably won't spin, it does power your PC right then I don't think it's defective, then come your MB which will be very weird if it's the MB because it's a high quality MB and also is your PSU, I would say go to your local store and try tell them you will pay 25$ or something just to test.

I will. I really hope they have a test bench or something there but I doubt it, it would be great to bring my RAM and GPU etc to test on a working PC to make sure they weren't damaged, if they are damaged, my PSU basically wrecked everything, hopefully not.

I don't think warranties are very kind regarding faulty PSU damage.

Either my PSU fried my motherboard and possibly everything else in my PC, or the motherboard just... killed itself for no reason.

I think anyway, it all feels like random guessing. CPU, PSU, RAM, Mobo, who knows which. Could be one, could be a few. Faulty PSU could have made everything faulty.

The only reason I think it's the motherboard or PSU over all else is because the last place I was, was the motherboards BIOS, and upon exiting the BIOS, PC shuts down. That is all I'm going off of, not great evidence.

If we had a place like NCIX nearby I'd just drop my PC off in confidence they would fix it. I just have a small local place, with no online presence. They might not even have any used parts around.

Just because the PSU powers everything on, that doesn't mean it didn't send a dangerous power spike through my PC does it? I think a PSU could still provide power but not be completely safe, but I don't know. I don't have answers to all these things.

Then the whole VGA warning light, that's definitely not the cause of not being able to enter Windows or the BIOS, but that could be another issue that is real I could be experiencing if I was actually able to enter Windows. I don't know if it would give that warning for absolutely no reason, it's sensing something is wrong with VGA, could be wrong, could be right.

The PSU and Motherboard are connected to absolutely everything, they can cause the most amount of issues and be the most difficult to diagnose as a result as far as I'm concerned. If something like a HDD or GPU fails it's a simple no brainer.

Hopefully the store can help me, or I just have to RMA either the PSU or Mobo on a guess, I just want my PC fixed in the least amount of time as possible, RMAing a working component is a great way to not do that.

one of the CPU pins could be bend or broken, but if you haven't touched anything, thats unlikely to happen, BTW if you're going to buy a new mobo then i'd recommend gigabyte boards because they have dual BIOS wich could probably help in this situation :)

I will. I really hope they have a test bench or something there but I doubt it, it would be great to bring my RAM and GPU etc to test on a working PC to make sure they weren't damaged, if they are damaged, my PSU basically wrecked everything, hopefully not.

I don't think warranties are very kind regarding faulty PSU damage.

Either my PSU fried my motherboard and possibly everything else in my PC, or the motherboard just... killed itself for no reason.

I think anyway, it all feels like random guessing. CPU, PSU, RAM, Mobo, who knows which. Could be one, could be a few. Faulty PSU could have made everything faulty.

The only reason I think it's the motherboard or PSU over all else is because the last place I was, was the motherboards BIOS, and upon exiting the BIOS, PC shuts down. That is all I'm going off of, not great evidence.

If we had a place like NCIX nearby I'd just drop my PC off in confidence they would fix it. I just have a small local place, with no online presence. They might not even have any used parts around.

Just because the PSU powers everything on, that doesn't mean it didn't send a dangerous power spike through my PC does it? I think a PSU could still provide power but not be completely safe, but I don't know. I don't have answers to all these things.

Then the whole VGA warning light, that's definitely not the cause of not being able to enter Windows or the BIOS, but that could be another issue that is real I could be experiencing if I was actually able to enter Windows. I don't know if it would give that warning for absolutely no reason, it's sensing something is wrong with VGA, could be wrong, could be right.

The PSU and Motherboard are connected to absolutely everything, they can cause the most amount of issues and be the most difficult to diagnose as a result as far as I'm concerned. If something like a HDD or GPU fails it's a simple no brainer.

Hopefully the store can help me, or I just have to RMA either the PSU or Mobo on a guess, I just want my PC fixed in the least amount of time as possible, RMAing a working component is a great way to not do that.

I agree but I don't think it's the PSU look at all those protections it has I can't even count them, tell them that it stopped working never mention that you think it's your PSU, your PSU is very high quality it's made by seasonic they have the best reputation in PSU industry as fat as I know, I think you will find some parts at that shop you would be surprised what parts they have tho.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I agree but I don't think it's the PSU look at all those protections it has I can't even count them, tell them that it stopped working never mention that you think it's your PSU, your PSU is very high quality it's made by seasonic they have the best reputation in PSU industry as fat as I know, I think you will find some parts at that shop you would be surprised what parts they have tho.

I'm sure if I worked at the store I'd have no problems getting access to parts I'd want.

I just don't know how willing they are to help the public and strangers, they aren't a PC repair shop, they're a buy PC parts from us shop.

All I can do is be hope for the best and offer them money, money to just try parts that they get to keep, it's 100% profit for them.

I won't mention my PSU being an issue during an RMA, and I'm aware it's SeaSonic and supposed to be great quality. I researched the f*** out of everything I bought, and research the f*** out of everything I do before I do it.

It adds more frustration because of that, I take so many precautions and do so much research before I make my choices, I do everything I can to avoid crap like what I'm now experiencing...

I've been thinking of anything I could have done wrong, and I can't think of anything. I didn't do anything stupid or dangerous with my PC. 

As you've said, everything I have is of high quality, which makes me think it's somehow my fault but I don't know what I could have possibly done.

You can save profiles in the Asus Z97 BIOS, and the profile I was using I had been using for over a month, I know I've said all this, but I only changed case fan curves as I recently got Noctua NF-A14's, clicked the save & exit button. 

It almost seemed like it froze for a second when I clicked save & exited. I don't know if the BIOS just got confused while saving or applying settings and corrupted something, but that should be fixable by CMOS resetting.

It's been that video ever since, I have no explanation, I wish I did.

one of the CPU pins could be bend or broken, but if you haven't touched anything, thats unlikely to happen, BTW if you're going to buy a new mobo then i'd recommend gigabyte boards because they have dual BIOS wich could probably help in this situation :)

Yea it's probably not a CPU pin. If I was going to buy a new mobo, it would be another Asus Z97-A out of impatience for the RMA process in Canada, and because I've heard I'll likely experience little to no issues with Windows and other stuff by replacing with an identical motherboard. Last thing I want is MORE troubleshooting and reconfiguring... Gigabyte was my second choice to Asus when first browsing for parts. My GTX 970 is made by Gigabyte and it's been great. 

Though everything in my PC has been great until now. Now something is not great.

don't worry, i've been in situations like this. Just don't tell anything about your other components if people at warranty service thing won't ask, especially don't talk much about overclocking , because they are going to look for a reason to blame it on you so just be ready ;) maybe in Canada they'll accept it without many questions, but thats not how it works in Europe :/

I'm sure if I worked at the store I'd have no problems getting access to parts I'd want.

I just don't know how willing they are to help the public and strangers, they aren't a PC repair shop, they're a buy PC parts from us shop.

All I can do is be hope for the best and offer them money, money to just try parts that they get to keep, it's 100% profit for them.

I won't mention my PSU being an issue during an RMA, and I'm aware it's SeaSonic and supposed to be great quality. I researched the f*** out of everything I bought, and research the f*** out of everything I do before I do it.

It adds more frustration because of that, I take so many precautions and do so much research before I make my choices, I do everything I can to avoid crap like what I'm now experiencing...

I've been thinking of anything I could have done wrong, and I can't think of anything. I didn't do anything stupid or dangerous with my PC. 

As you've said, everything I have is of high quality, which makes me think it's somehow my fault but I don't know what I could have possibly done.

You can save profiles in the Asus Z97 BIOS, and the profile I was using I had been using for over a month, I know I've said all this, but I only changed case fan curves as I recently got Noctua NF-A14's, clicked the save & exit button. 

It almost seemed like it froze for a second when I clicked save & exited. I don't know if the BIOS just got confused while saving or applying settings and corrupted something, but that should be fixable by CMOS resetting.

It's been that video ever since, I have no explanation, I wish I did.

Yea it's probably not a CPU pin. If I was going to buy a new mobo, it would be another Asus Z97-A out of impatience for the RMA process in Canada, and because I've heard I'll likely experience little to no issues with Windows and other stuff by replacing with an identical motherboard. Last thing I want is MORE troubleshooting and reconfiguring... Gigabyte was my second choice to Asus when first browsing for parts. My GTX 970 is made by Gigabyte and it's been great. 

Though everything in my PC has been great until now. Now something is not great.

I can't imagine how you are feeling right now, it must be horrible just comedown drink some milk and try to do something else, leave your PC turned off and start the RMA process or go to the shop, just comedown I know you are being paranoid as for your choice I couldn't have chosen better parts there so fucking high quality.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I can't imagine how you are feeling right now, it must be horrible just comedown drink some milk and try to do something else, leave your PC turned off and start the RMA process or go to the shop, just comedown I know you are being paranoid as for your choice I couldn't have chosen better parts there so fucking high quality.

Oh you can swear here and I've needlessly been censoring myself this whole time?  :lol:

Yea, it's pretty annoying when you take crazy precautions like Googling every part and everything even remotely "risky" before you do it, opening every link on the first 3 pages of Google minimum and read everything you can about it.

Also when you have two topics about this on two of the best tech forums on the internet with over 500 views combined, and do every single thing every single person suggest all to failure.

On Christmas, with a PC only a couple months old. 

I'm not a kid, but I'm also not 40 years old with tons of savings and a large stable income, this PC was a decent sized investment that hurts pretty bad to have it break down.

There's no other PC's in my house, and I can't really say I know anyone nearby who would let me dismantle their PC to test my stuff with, a lot of people I know just have a laptop, like I've been using in the meantime.

If I had a good friend with a modern gaming PC that lived nearby, these topics wouldn't have needed to go on for so long, everyone I know nearby games on consoles.

I haven't been this stressed out in quite a long time if I must be honest, I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can about entirely relying on strangers at this PC store being awesome.

If they can help me narrow down the possible components causing the issue so I can do an RMA and be certain I am sending the right part(s) I'll be happy.

What the hell is one supposed to do when they try everything the internet suggests, have no idea why their issue exists, or exactly what is causing their issue?

If I had a spare PSU, CPU, GPU, RAM, Mobo etc... of course there wouldn't be a problem. Do I just buy half a PC to diagnose my issue?

You do feel like vomiting a little when you've tried all options and still have no idea what the problem is, and have no way to deal with the problem yourself, besides buying new parts for what you think might be broken, or randomly guessing what I should RMA.

Those are horrible options.

Oh you can swear here and I've needlessly been censoring myself this whole time?  :lol:

Yea, it's pretty annoying when you take crazy precautions like Googling every part and everything even remotely "risky" before you do it, opening every link on the first 3 pages of Google minimum and read everything you can about it.

Also when you have two topics about this on two of the best tech forums on the internet with over 500 views combined, and do every single thing every single person suggest all to failure.

On Christmas, with a PC only a couple months old. 

I'm not a kid, but I'm also not 40 years old with tons of savings and a large stable income, this PC was a decent sized investment that hurts pretty bad to have it break down.

There's no other PC's in my house, and I can't really say I know anyone nearby who would let me dismantle their PC to test my stuff with, a lot of people I know just have a laptop, like I've been using in the meantime.

If I had a good friend with a modern gaming PC that lived nearby, these topics wouldn't have needed to go on for so long, everyone I know nearby games on consoles.

I haven't been this stressed out in quite a long time if I must be honest, I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can about entirely relying on strangers at this PC store being awesome.

If they can help me narrow down the possible components causing the issue so I can do an RMA and be certain I am sending the right part(s) I'll be happy.

What the hell is one supposed to do when they try everything the internet suggests, have no idea why their issue exists, or exactly what is causing their issue?

If I had a spare PSU, CPU, GPU, RAM, Mobo etc... of course there wouldn't be a problem. Do I just buy half a PC to diagnose my issue?

You do feel like vomiting a little when you've tried all options and still have no idea what the problem is, and have no way to deal with the problem yourself, besides buying new parts for what you think might be broken, or randomly guessing what I should RMA.

Those are horrible options.

Don't buy new parts, can't you wait a month for the RMA to see if it's the MB, you have a laptop now.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Don't buy new parts, can't you wait a month for the RMA to see if it's the MB, you have a laptop now.

I won't buy new parts on a guess, I wasn't actually considering that.

I'd be a lot more comfortable knowing for sure what I'm about to send away for weeks is the right thing.

The problem could be bigger than just one broken component if I'm really unlucky, I don't think reaching the Asus screen confirms everything else is functioning perfectly, the entire PC locks up when it gets there and I'm given no information.

There isn't much more to post if all suggestions have been given, I'll look around and see if I can get somewhere to help, all I need is working components to use for minutes at a time.

Then I'll RMA whatever is confirmed broken.

This entire situation has been a clusterfuck, I still have no fucking clue what broke or why, don't think I'll ever know why, but I can know what. Actually knowing something for certain would be comforting at this point.

Otherwise I'll have to RMA what I think is broken, thinking and hoping it is the only thing broken, not knowing for certain until I get it back and power up my PC again.

One last question though... If a PSU is faulty, that doesn't mean it can't provide power or is dangerous 100% of the time does it? Could it be stable for months? All it takes is to be crazy and dangerous for a split second and things are destroyed.

I don't know how black and white PSU failure generally is, seems like there could be a lot of in between.

I suppose I'll post again when I've RMA'd something.

I won't buy new parts on a guess, I wasn't actually considering that.

I'd be a lot more comfortable knowing for sure what I'm about to send away for weeks is the right thing.

The problem could be bigger than just one broken component if I'm really unlucky, I don't think reaching the Asus screen confirms everything else is functioning perfectly, the entire PC locks up when it gets there and I'm given no information.

There isn't much more to post if all suggestions have been given, I'll look around and see if I can get somewhere to help, all I need is working components to use for minutes at a time.

Then I'll RMA whatever is confirmed broken.

This entire situation has been a clusterfuck, I still have no fucking clue what broke or why, don't think I'll ever know why, but I can know what. Actually knowing something for certain would be comforting at this point.

Otherwise I'll have to RMA what I think is broken, thinking and hoping it is the only thing broken, not knowing for certain until I get it back and power up my PC again.

One last question though... If a PSU is faulty, that doesn't mean it can't provide power or is dangerous 100% of the time does it? Could it be stable for months? All it takes is to be crazy and dangerous for a split second and things are destroyed.

I don't know how black and white PSU failure generally is, seems like there could be a lot of in between.

I suppose I'll post again when I've RMA'd something.

All I know if it's faulty it wont turn on and may kill your system.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Called Asus yesterday and they say they're closed because it's a holiday.

Call them today and not even an automated message, nothing at all.

Local places around here want to charge $50 to test something like my RAM, I don't need an in-depth report on whether it works or not.

That would take me 30 seconds if I had another PC, plug in the sticks (5 seconds), push power button (1 second), see if PC can enter BIOS (not even 24 seconds) = $50.

I can buy new RAM for $70.

It would be cool if I could contact Asus before this year ends.

This is so much fun.

I'll probably go crazy if I get a new motherboard and still can't enter BIOS or Windows.

Fuck it.

Just bought another Asus Z97-A, got money at Christmas, this is my present.

Asus has been closed for the past 3 fucking days and have no notice that they are closed or when the fuck they'll be open on their site, according to their site they are open right now, sure Asus, answer the fucking phone then.

Apparently one of the pins in the socket is bent, pretty sure that wasn't the case when I got it, so I don't know if that was the issue or if I somehow did that while removing the CPU getting it ready for an RMA, regardless that warranty is fucking gone now.

My eyes aren't good enough and hands aren't steady enough to correct that shit, pretty sure it wasn't the cause of the issue anyway, just another new problem added to whatever there was before.

This will be $150 well spent if it fixes whatever the fuck the problem was, and I'll get it in a few days instead of a few weeks because NCIX is awesome.

Going to be basically rebuilding my entire PC in a few days, might be on the news if it boots to the same issue ;), at least then I'll know it wasn't the motherboard, yay...

I want to bury myself in my bed for a week and wake up to this all being fixed.

At least a decision has been made I guess, progress, time to wait and be hopeful.

I've felt as dumb as a monkey for the past week.

Apparently one of the pins in the socket is bent, pretty sure that wasn't the case when I got it, so I don't know if that was the issue or if I somehow did that while removing the CPU getting it ready for an RMA, regardless that warranty is fucking gone now.

told ya! :D let us know if it works with new mobo :)

I'm sweating.

It worked.

Remember the time you first built a PC, anticipating the moment of truth, multiply that by 100, that's how I felt after installing the new motherboard and pushing the power button.

Still no idea what the fuck went wrong.

Hopefully I don't run into any issues with Windows or drivers or anything software related, obviously everything in the BIOS is reset, hopefully that's all I need to spend time adjusting to how it was before all of this..

Hopefully this doesn't happen again, I don't know how to take precautions from an issue I still don't understand, don't know why this happened.