Graphics car water block questions

ok, so right now my system is an A6-3670K@2.7Ghz (stock cause it overclocks horribly) ASRock A75-PRO4/MVP full ATX mobo, and a PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 V2 (will be getting another one soon, also im going to be swapping the cpu and motherboard for an FX6100 and an MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 ATX AM3+ motherboard, the problem im having, is trying to find a waterblock for my GPU, or one that is compatible since when its under load it gets quite hot and i'd rather not burn out my graphics card. ive looked everywhere for one but they all start at the 7850, non for lower end GPU's... if someone knows where to find one it would be greatly appreciated

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

not gonna find a full block for it, maybe find a machine shop to make one. instead of getting a second card sell your old one and get a midrange card.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

From a business stand point there is no point in making water blocks for low end cards as the people that are likely to be water cooling their graphics cards are likely to be using mid to high end cards so its commercially nonviable to make blocks that not likely to be used.

Upgrading graphics card/ using universal waterblock would be your best bet. :( sorry

In all honesty it doesn't make much sense to buy a full block for that card due to cost. Like mentioned before, using a universal block would make more sense and easier to work with for your card. Grabbing a universal block and small heatsinks for the VRMs and VRAM will net you near the same performance as a full cover block without the added cost and hassle.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

There is no point water cooling a card like yours. Maybe you can find a quieter air cooler.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I only know 1 company from germany who makes custom water blocks (http://liquid-extasy.de/) but i think that would be way to much effort.

You have to send your graphicscard to them and they'll make you a custom cooler for about 60-80€ (~100$).

As others have pointed out, your best bet is upgrading the GPU to a more powerful mid range card that has full cover blocks available. Remember to keep in mind that you will need the rad space to dissipate the heat coming from these cards so adding another cars may not be the best upgrade path as it will require other upgrades as well(unless you have the rad space, them ignore me). Keep the costs in mind as whole, not just the part you're trying to upgrade!

-Freak

There is no point water cooling a card like yours. Maybe you can find a quieter air cooler.
i didn't say anything about noise, its the temps which are the problem?

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

I only know 1 company from germany who makes custom water blocks (http://liquid-extasy.de/) but i think that would be way to much effort.

You have to send your graphicscard to them and they'll make you a custom cooler for about 60-80€ (~100$).

thanks, but im not going to spend the cost of another GPU just to get a waterblock for it

My System

As others have pointed out, your best bet is upgrading the GPU to a more powerful mid range card that has full cover blocks available. Remember to keep in mind that you will need the rad space to dissipate the heat coming from these cards so adding another cars may not be the best upgrade path as it will require other upgrades as well(unless you have the rad space, them ignore me). Keep the costs in mind as whole, not just the part you're trying to upgrade!

-Freak

i know what im doing don't worry, and yeah, i can fit rads and all, even though i have a mid tower.

My System

Please don't watercool your card.

There is a reason why there aren't any blocks available, because it is stupid.

sell your card and use the money that you would spend on your water equipment and the money that you got from selling this card, on a new gpu. you will be a lot happier.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Have you overclocked the card as of yet? If so what clocks and voltage. If I remember correctly this card has a limited voltage. Cross firing low end cards just isn't recommended because of the limitations...i.e. a single 7870 is basically 2x the 7770 but if you get the former you have the option to further expand via CF whereas you're stuck with the 7770s

Have you overclocked the card as of yet? If so what clocks and voltage. If I remember correctly this card has a limited voltage. Cross firing low end cards just isn't recommended because of the limitations...i.e. a single 7870 is basically 2x the 7770 but if you get the former you have the option to further expand via CF whereas you're stuck with the 7770s
there isn't an option for changing voltages for the card (unless in MSI afterburner) but this is my settings through AMD catalyst

Mem Clock: 1200Mhz

Core Clock: 1075Mhz

and Power control settings is set to 20%

Voltages(msi afterburner): 1174mV

i have tried getting the core a little higher but under load its not very stable (display driver crashes)

My System

not gonna find a full block for it, maybe find a machine shop to make one. instead of getting a second card sell your old one and get a midrange card.
you do realize the 7770 is a mid-range card right?

My System

I check these stores for cooling gear...

http://www.frozencpu.com

http://www.performance-pcs.com

Both sites have a LOT of cooling gear. Also, check Swiftech universal block, MCW82. It is what I run on my 6870's with the optional Heatsink block they sell. http://www.swiftech.com/mcw82vgawaterblock.aspx

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

You really don't want to put a waterblock for that card. Selling the current card and upgrading will give you a lot more performance than any overclocking you can do with that card on water.

My Rig:

• CPU: 1090T@4.1ghz
  • GPU: Gigabyte 7870
  • MOBO: Crosshair Formula V
  • RAM: 8GB 1333mhz
  • PSU: 650w corsair HX
  • SSD: 120GB Kingston HyperX
  • Sound card: Asus Xonar DX

• 3 weeks later...
You really don't want to put a waterblock for that card. Selling the current card and upgrading will give you a lot more performance than any overclocking you can do with that card on water.
im just going to get another 7770 for crossfire as it gives the same performance as a 7870 without being bottle-necked by my fx 6100

My System

Don't bother water cooling baby video cards. But hey, if you really want to, get an Antec 620, some zip ties, some copper ram heatsinks and some thermal epoxy for the ram heatsinks. Arctic makes thermal epoxy. Post pics!

Don't bother water cooling baby video cards. But hey, if you really want to, get an Antec 620, some zip ties, some copper ram heatsinks and some thermal epoxy for the ram heatsinks. Arctic makes thermal epoxy. Post pics!
i can't get the 620, i already have a zalman ultimate liquid for the cpu, and i have no room for another loop in my system, even if i did, i would need two since im running crossfire :P

My System

Pfffffffffft.

i only have the Antec ONE and i only have the room for a single 120 rad...

My System

You could get a universal block http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_878_880&products_id=20313. But you really are better off getting a higher end card. Maybe a 7870 or possibly even something better? The Sapphire cards with custom coolers run very cool and quiet. You could also get a stock card and watercool it. It's almost always better to go with a single card rather than crossfire/SLI as those technologies have a lot of bugs.

If you can only fit ONE 120 rad in your case how would you plan on water cooling your cpu + graphics card(s)??? Run a cpu+gpu(+gpu) loop on a single 120 rad? That would be impossible. I wouldn't even bother water cooling just a CPU on a 120 rad.

Correction: I wouldn't cool a CPU on a standard 120 rad. I would however cool a CPU on a thicker 120 rad, like the xspc RX120 for example.

4670k @ 4.3GHz w/ Deepcool Lucifer | ASRock z97e-itx/ac | 2x4GB G Skill Ares | MSI TFiii HD 7870 @ 1150/1450| OCZ Vertex 4 128GB + 1TB | Bitfenix Prodigy Black | Antec TP-650C

You could get a universal block http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_878_880&products_id=20313. But you really are better off getting a higher end card. Maybe a 7870 or possibly even something better? The Sapphire cards with custom coolers run very cool and quiet. You could also get a stock card and watercool it. It's almost always better to go with a single card rather than crossfire/SLI as those technologies have a lot of bugs.
the amd chips dont have an IHS so the block you suggested would require a shim as they are recessed. http://www.swiftech.com/mcw82vgawaterblock.aspx#tab1 this one would do the job.