Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

Pretty good, i would put this in my gaming system and degrade my old AND 925 to media center and trow out the Pentium 4 i got there atm.

Desktop 4670k, RTX 2060, 32 GB ram, ssds storage

Server: 3570k, GTX 1660. 16 GB ram, 42 TB spinning Storage & 2 TB ssd cache and boot drive.

Merry Computermas and a happy gaming year with this brand new Intel i7 5820k six core processor.

I would like to be entered into this Intel Core i7 5820K giveaway.

I would build my first ever desktop with that CPU and follow Linustechtips' guides on system building to make it perfect first time! I would also ask the community which parts they would prefer me to use with it. Then I'd have a PC that I can learn about overclocking on and pretty much throw anything at, so to speak. ;)

So.... just need to leave a comment? Alrighty then, I'll just leave this here.

Thanks for the giveaway! Happy Holidays!

I'll happily enter the contest!

But I have to be honest:  my i7 860 CPU & P55 chipset MB continues to allow me high settings @1920x1080 on the games I play [GTX 770 GPU].  If I were to get an i7 5820K CPU it would spur me to upgrade my five year old system (at the additional cost of a new MB and memory at minimum).  Still, I expect to have to upgrade eventually and it would be better not to wait for a catastrophic failure, don't you think?!

A 5820K would be a killer upgrade from my current Q6600. As a biologist, I've had some Big Data projects in mind that simply weren't feasible before. I'd love to see what I can get up to with this beast!

Well, then I will use it for rendering, video editing, and jsut a bit of gaming in there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I would be using this for a workstation to hopefully begin to learn cad (computer aided drafting).

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

I love gaming but my PC just cant keep up so i was planning to build a new one and this would help a lot. :D

Wow, this is a huge amount of posts.

Anyway, sign me in!

I'm planning to buy computer parts this Christmas, so great timing!

(This is my first post. I want to know if that stops me from participating)

This processor would be a great excuse to build myself a new rig  ^_^. Those babies will cut my compile times in half.

I hope I win because I'm upgrading my current PC to be a BEAST!

Project Millenium:     CPU- i7 6700k  Cooler- Corsair H100i  Motherboard- Asus Z170 Deluxe  RAM- Corsair Dominator 3200 (8x2)  Storage- 120gb Samsung 850 Evo+ 3TB WD Blue  GPU- Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070  Case- NZXT Noctis 450  PSU- Corsair RM850i  Keyboard- Corsair K70 RGB  Mouse- Logitech G500S  Headphones- Klipsch Reference One  Monitor- Samsung CF398

Toaster Rig (Repurposed):   CPU- A8-6600k  Cooler- Corsair H100i  Motherboard- MSI A78-E35  RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws (4x2)  Storage- 1TB WD Black  GPU- Sapphire R7 265  Case- Corsair Carbide SPEC-01  PSU- Corsair TX750M  Keyboard- Logitech G105  Mouse- E-Blue Mazer  Headphones- Tritton Kunai  Monitor- ASUS VX238H

Howdy,

If I were to win I would put this in the streaming / media PC that is in the works. 

Entry!

I'm planning to use it for software development.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

Right now I don't really need all the cores, but it would be an upgrade in terms of clock speed over what I currently have and very nice to have for if/when I do need all the cores.

This would be a really nice upgrade, especially to use for video editing.

I would give it to my friend who doesn't have much money and wants to ascend.

Allredy Got A 4790K for my system but i would love to have the 5820K for some extra preformance and the 4970k will become a htpc :P

If I were to win this, I would use it for a video editing and gaming pc. With this Haswell-E may be actually affordable.I how to video edit however the rendering time is sooooooooooooo long and it overheats like crazy... Anyways, good luck everyone!