GTX 970 windforce(gigabyte) vs GTX 970 twin frozr(msi)

the best one?  

the higher cost x benefit?

best cooling?

best performance?

ps:  gigabyte windforce normal  VS gigabyte windforce g1 gaming  VS MSI Twin Frozr 

post-170122-0-17987100-1418942053.png

post-170122-0-45509900-1418942060_thumb.

post-170122-0-66024800-1418942062_thumb.

-snip-

For performance i'd choose G1, for looks TF V :D

WF isn't bad, but those 2 are in my opinion better :)

Man what i'd give for a gray/silver/black MSI 980, does gigabyte still have issues with memory temperatures on the windforce cooler ?.

Picture is a photoshop from my earlier thread.

post-9826-0-63113600-1418942907.jpg

Gigabyte is the better overclocker, but MSI is more quiet.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Gigabyte one is better.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

I have the Golden Edition MSI 970 and it works great. I've never had any issues with MSI, so I'd recommend them.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Gigabyte for Cooler Temps, MSI for a balance of Noise and Performance...

MSI looks better too... :P haha

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

Gigabyte if you want the lower temps & noise + some higher clocks. But note that if you want to go full water cooling in the future you may have to wait a while longer for a G1 block if it's not out yet.

I am also having this debate on myself. Should I get the MSI or the Gigabyte? Only MSI has stock on our country (Philippines) but Gigabyte has better reviews but will be stocked on January. Should I go for MSI?

G1 gaming: equal to the 'stock' one, but you pay extra money for a backplate and a led on the windforce logo. And a factory overclock that you'll override anyway. Yeah, a waste of money.

'Stock' Windforce: the coolest and best overclocker out there. Might makes some noise, and it's HUGE.

Msi Gaming: quieter (probably), much shorter and much better for SLI configs. Comparing all brands, this doesn't get 1st place in any category, but gets 2nd in all at once.

You can pretty much choose any of the 2. Check these in order:

1. If you case doesn't support a card as huge as the GA, get the Msi.
  2. If you have the option of SLI, get the Msi.
  3. If one of them is a lot cheaper, get it.
  4. If they are about the same price, you can choose based on looks and performance.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

the best one?  

the higher cost x benefit?

best cooling?

best performance?

ps:  gigabyte windforce normal  VS gigabyte windforce g1 gaming  VS MSI Twin Frozr 

Personally I like the wind force unit a lot better

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

G1 gaming: equal to the 'stock' one, but you pay extra money for a backplate and a led on the windforce logo. And a factory overclock that you'll override anyway. Yeah, a waste of money.

'Stock' Windforce: the coolest and best overclocker out there. Might makes some noise, and it's HUGE.

Msi Gaming: quieter (probably), much shorter and much better for SLI configs. Comparing all brands, this doesn't get 1st place in any category, but gets 2nd in all at once.

You can pretty much choose any of the 2. Check these in order:

1. If you case doesn't support a card as huge as the GA, get the Msi.
  2. If you have the option of SLI, get the Msi.
  3. If one of them is a lot cheaper, get it.
  4. If they are about the same price, you can choose based on looks and performance.

the gigabyte one will fit in a h440 case?

I received my G1 Gaming 970 yesterday and I've got nothing but good things to say about it. It's barely louder than idle during gaming, which is a huge win in my book coming from a 590 that sounded like there was a hurricane inside the case!